The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The worst player ever to suit up as a Canuck...

Lui's Knob

One of his countrymen annoyed me more.

Petr Nedved.

Picked him 2nd overall (and then took Antoski in the 1st round as well) -

Jagr went 5th overall - Tkachuk a spot after Antoski, and Martin Brodeur after Tkachuk. OUCH!!!

Nedved looked on the borderline of bust, then had one good season in Vancouver, and then he held out.

Anyway - Nedved's annoying holdout actually had a pretty damn good result - Canucks were awarded Janney as compensation, who they flipped back to St. Louis for Jeff Brown, Brett Hedican and Nathan Lafayette.

Not the worst Canuck ever, but wasn't exactly disappointed to see him go...

One of his countrymen annoyed me more.

Petr Nedved.

Picked him 2nd overall (and then took Antoski in the 1st round as well) -

Jagr went 5th overall - Tkachuk a spot after Antoski, and Martin Brodeur after Tkachuk. OUCH!!!

Nedved looked on the borderline of bust, then had one good season in Vancouver, and then he held out.

Anyway - Nedved's annoying holdout actually had a pretty damn good result - Canucks were awarded Janney as compensation, who they flipped back to St. Louis for Jeff Brown, Brett Hedican and Nathan Lafayette.

Not the worst Canuck ever, but wasn't exactly disappointed to see him go...

Nobody complained at the time when Nedved was drafted .He only played for Vancouver for three years. He made the team at 19. Did you expect every 19 year old to produce like a Crosby? And when he finally produced he was in his final year of his contract in Vancouver so to say he was a borderline bust at 21 is a little iffy. The Canucks could have let him developed another year back in Jr instead of rushing him into the line up with big expectations.

I know you mention about Jagr ,Broduer,Tkachuk etc well thats highsight. Are you going to tell us that if you had the second overall pick you wouldn't look at Nedved who only played one year in the DUB and produced 65 goals and 80 assist for a 145 points?

I know Mason Raymond is definitely not the worst canuck ever, but nobody has ever had me constantly pulling my hair out and yelling at the TV during games as bad as him. His falling, bad decision making, lack of production besides one year is utterly frustrating. I think what makes me more upset is I used to have such high hopes for him and that I see so much potential in him that is wasted by awful plays time and again. Just doesnt seem to have the IQ.

Patrick Coulombe was pretty awful. -6 in 7 games, got sent down to the Moose and had 9 points -9 in 44 games before getting delegated to the ECHL where he became the MA Bergeron of that league (second rate offensive dman with no size or defensive ability). His best pro offensive output was 12 goals, 34 points in the ECHL. Not very good for a pure offensive defenseman who weighs 165lbs.

I've only been a Canuck fan since 2000, so not well versed on most of the obscure players before then. However, as a disappointing player and not so much the 'worst' player, I'd have to go with Jan Bulis. He had decent seasons with Montreal, and it just seemed like he would fit well.

He was memorable for the 'piggy back' moment, that was all. I still remember watching that and immediately going, "What the hell is he thinking? What a goof!"

Archived