The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas jensen - AIK stats

G-52

Fair enough. More surprising to me is that Jensen just seems to maintain his production as he moves up the leagues. OHL, AHL, SEL, he just seems to step into the role and make things happen. That level of consistency indicates good vision to me. As the d and goalies get better, nothing but hockey smarts are going to allow a player to hit the ground running like that. Very encouraging.

What I want to know is why didn't Jensen show any progression in junior after his draft year? Guys we passed on in the draft, such as Brandon Saad, Tomas Jurco, Ty Rattie, Boone Jenner, and Victor Rask all improved while Jensen didn't. If the CHL wasn't good enough competition for him and he had to go to Sweden why couldn't he put up more than 58 points?

Im not hating on the guy, and of course I hope he turns into a gem for us...... but before everyone calls him the next Naslund and a lock for the Canucks remember how good Schroeder looked in his first short stint with the Moose?

If everything progresses smoothly with our prospects, which they rarely do, we will still have a wide open window to win the cup in 2-3 years.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Schroeder - Kesler

Burrows - Gaunce - Jensen

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Has the potential to be the best forwar group we've ever iced. Of course a ton of things have to go right.

Figured Id give some ppl that:

A: dont go into the prospects forum

B: pay attention to euro hockey

Jensen is in the Elitserien league playing for AIK, he is his teams leading scorer with 3 goals 1 assist 4 points 2pim and a -1 rating in 5 games.

Still doing pretty good being that he is so young playing in the SEL.

Pretty close except for Gaunce and Morrison.

Gaunce is bigger and not as good of a skater. But he seems to be a great playmaker, like Morrison.

I would love to see a fourth line of Jensen - Lapierre - Kassian this season. Great mix of skill and grit.

Archived