15 replies to this topic

#1 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

This trade is under the assumption that a 1st round pick and winger/prospects come back in a Lu trade*

To NJ:
Raymond
Schroeder
Lack
1st

To Van:
Henrique
Wedgewood
4th

Why NJ does this:
-NJ has the 27th ranked prospect pool in the NHL and just lost their captain and with it a lot of LW depth (a position Vancouver has plenty of.)
-Raymond is an affordable left winger for a financially struggling team who can pot in 20+ goals a season.
- Schroeder is one of Vancouver's better prospects and arguably our best center prospect. (to replace Henrique)
- With 2 aging goalies set to play the next 2 seasons before retirement, the acquisition of Lack is perfect timing as he has just enough time to grow into their next starting goaltender.
- a 1st in a very deep prospect pool

Why Vancouver does this:
Henrique is a fantastic center man who can both play in Kesler's place as well as handle 3rd line duties, eventually becoming a star player for the team when Henrik is retired.
Wedgewood, although not a primed as Lack for a starting position is slowly making his case for an NHL job, Signing the likes of Ellis for 2 years should give Wedgewood enough time to become a backup for Corey.

So in Conclusion
Henrique = Lack, Schroeder, 1st
Wedgewood, 4th = Raymond

Flame away. Getting really bored with this lockout.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#2 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

They would want way more than that for just Henrique.

They would want Edler+ or Schneider+

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Can't really see NJ doing it.
Henrique has all the makings to be a phenomenal 2-way forward in the NHL, I can't see them wanting to part ways with him.
Posted Image

#4 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Edit: Failed to mention that NJD have to give up a 1st round pick in the next 2 years so getting one back in the process is also beneficial.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#5 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

So lemme get this straight. In order for NJ to improve on their 27th ranked prospect pool, they are to trade away their best young star who was great for them in the regular season and even better for them during the playoffs scoring 3 GWGs to get back a pending UFA and 2 guys who's never played a game in the NHL? Yah, great deal for NJ.

#6 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

They would want way more than that for just Henrique.

They would want Edler+ or Schneider+

On Schneider - That boat sailed the moment they signed Marty and Hedberg to two year NTC deals, they know Schneider is a starter now, so positioning themselves with a prime goalie prospect who looks almost ready for NHL action is a more realistic scenario for the franchise.

On Edler - NJ may not have a great prospect pool, but the one area they are strong in is defense. I could see them going after Booth as he is signed for a few more years though.
-Edgar Allen Poe

#7 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

It would take a lot more than that to get Henrique.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#8 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Yeah as much as I like him Adam's not going to get traded anytime soon, he could very well join w/ Zajac and Kovalchuk (Clarkson too?) up front to form the Devils' new core. Of course, with all their financial issues and multiple free agents next season they may not sign everyone but I think Adam would be one of if not the first guy to get re-signed. If not then just offer sheet that cash-strapped team, or sign Elias if he's not retained.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#9 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Henrique is their future up front, he's not going anywhere plain and simple.

For what you offered : Lack, Schroeder, 1st, Raymond

I would ask for : Jon Merrill, Stefan Matteau, Scott Wedgewood , and (maybe) a 3rd/4th

New Jersey gets the NHL ready goalie they need when Brodeur calls it quits ( Wedgewood is much farther away than Lack), they get offensive help for relatively cheap in Schroeder and Raymond after the Parise departure, and they get back a first round pick they lost in the Kovalchuk mishap. They do all of this without losing Larsson or Henrique which makes it more of a realistic deal.

Vancouver does this to solidify depth at every position while aquiring players that fit all their current needs. Jon Merrill is 6'3 210 pounds with both skill and a mean streak . Stefan Matteau is 6'2 210 pounds, and can basically be described the same as Jon Merrill except as a forward. Gaunce/Matteau would be a hell of a combo at center ice moving forward. Wedgewood fills the hole of trading Lack, with hope that he can develope the same as Lack has.

#10 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Booth and 2nd for Clarkson would satisfy just about everybody on CDC.

#11 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Henrique is pretty much an untouchable. I would want it to be

Booth
Schroeder
2nd

For

Clarkson
Josefson

Edited by ER15, 28 September 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Posted Image

#12 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

It's a bit of gamble for new jersey but if they have the balls to pull the trigger it could really pay off.. Henrique is no doubt the best player in the deal but they get 3 guys that have the potential to be very good players (taking the 1st into account). As frustrating as it is to watch him sometimes I still think under a new coach in the east Raymond could really turn things around and be a consistent 50 point player. Lack could very well be a star goalie too

If I was new jersey it would be hard to part with a stud like henrique. If times were better and the devils werent struggling financially so recently I would probably pull the trigger. I don't know their exact financial situation now after the cup run but I think losing a young star might make it harder to keep filling those seats and building on that playoff success

#13 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Henrique is the future of the Devils. He's not going anywhere.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#14 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Henrique isn't leaving New Jersey. Not for that.

/=S=/

#15 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,378 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

The Devils will not trade Henrique for a couple of reasons:

1) Travis Zajac is a pending UFA after this season (if there is one)
2) New Jersey has no real replacement for Henrique as the second line center, unless Josefson is more than ready for top six minutes

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#16 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

even if we get a first rounder and/or prospects for luongo, dealing lack at this point is a huge mistake, it causes a huge hole at the back up position, especially as, in my books, wedgewood isnt ready for full time back up duty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.