The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

As much as I agree with the people blaming Mike Gillis for the Luongo dilemna, I do believe that what is in the Canuck's best interest is also in Lu's best interest. If Lu has to put in time with the 'Nucks, it will be impartive to give him a chance to shine. He will not be the backup goalie, that's for sure. As soon as other team goalies start to falter, there will be a better choice for both Lu and the 'Nucks. If we have a season, it will be a short one and I expect that some of the lesser teams will take full avantage of it.

Let's hope for everyone's sake that Vancouver gets a good return and that Lu ends up with a team that he is comfortable with.

What's best for the team and Lu is also best for Schneids. I think they split the games for a short period of time. With such a short season, there is bound to be a team that goes into panic mode when their #1 isn't playing well. Corey knows he has a bright future and has an awesome paycheck coming at him. Life is good. Don't worry...be happy.

Bring Florida back into the deal?

Florida are basically the frontrunners to land Luongo simply due to the fact Luongo wants to go there.

People still forget Luongo holds a NTC and can veto a trade to teams like Columbus, Edmonton, Toronto etc..

There's no way that Luongo is going anywhere else but Florida. The details need to be worked out but Tallon and Gillis will make a deal work.

Bring Florida back into the deal?

Florida are basically the frontrunners to land Luongo simply due to the fact Luongo wants to go there.

People still forget Luongo holds a NTC and can veto a trade to teams like Columbus, Edmonton, Toronto etc..

There's no way that Luongo is going anywhere else but Florida. The details need to be worked out but Tallon and Gillis will make a deal work.

I was thinking along similar about this just this morning. If Gillis received a call froom a team not on Luongo's List, and they made a really good offer for Luongo, would Gillis say, "Gee, thankyou for your interest, however your team is not on the list so my hands are tied." and then hang up, OR, would Gillis listen to the offer, and then call up Luongo (and/or Luongo's agent) and ask how he'd feel going to this other team? Heck, Gillis may even give this other team permission to talk to Luongo directly.

And if this other team looked like they gave Luongo a really good chance of winning a Cup, might he not want to go there (since he is a competitor), or would he just be happy spending the rest of his career sitting on a beach in Florida?

regards,

G.

If people think Luongo will ONLY go to a cup contender, or to Florida, they are full of themselves. Luongo must know full well that he had his shot at the cup, and probably will never get there again. And if there isn't a deal to go to Florida, he ain't going there, and thus he will either choose somewhere else, or play the season on the bench, which he doesn't want to do. Gillis is the one with the power here, not Luongo.

Archived