The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

well you are 16..whats that...midget hockey. maybe 10 yrs of hockey no coaching experience...probably not a goaltender..compared to my 43 years of experience with goaltending....I;d think on that weight, my opinions on Dubnyk and Lou carry just a titch more value. I stated many pages earlier that I doubted if Lou was a better option if at all for the oilers. Few , on here have agreed with the "massive upgrade" opinion that you spouted. Its your opinion, welcome to it...but might not be an accurate assumption. Lou will go where destiny sends him but he won;t be in Vancouver.

I would take Bjugstad and Pettovic in a heart beat, ESP because Luongo should go to Florida because he will be happiest there.

Petrovic is a big Canadian right handed d man and has a mean streak, we don't have a guy like that in our system. Bjugstad gives us a possible future 2nd line center who uses his size.

MPS is softish but has had some success at NHL level.

We can't trade Luongo (an allstar) and get back garbage and C prospects. Hope Gillis doesn't blow this.

I would take Bjugstad and Pettovic in a heart beat, ESP because Luongo should go to Florida because he will be happiest there.

Petrovic is a big Canadian right handed d man and has a mean streak, we don't have a guy like that in our system. Bjugstad gives us a possible future 2nd line center who uses his size.

MPS is softish but has had some success at NHL level.

We can't trade Luongo (an allstar) and get back garbage and C prospects. Hope Gillis doesn't blow this.

well you are 16..whats that...midget hockey. maybe 10 yrs of hockey no coaching experience...probably not a goaltender..compared to my 43 years of experience with goaltending....I;d think on that weight, my opinions on Dubnyk and Lou carry just a titch more value. I stated many pages earlier that I doubted if Lou was a better option if at all for the oilers. Few , on here have agreed with the "massive upgrade" opinion that you spouted. Its your opinion, welcome to it...but might not be an accurate assumption. Lou will go where destiny sends him but he won;t be in Vancouver.

And It doesn't seem like you even watched the games last year since you didn't know he was injured with a concussion before the playoffs. But anyways unlike you I watched all the games, and paid close attention and he was fine, he played well, I went to game 2 against LA, his first game back, watched him very very closely. he was our best player.

You're hilarious King. A meagre return? You can regularly be heard uttering nonsense to the effect that the Canucks are fighting for table scraps in return for Luongo, and making absurd proposals involving Luongo and a top 6 (yes, Ballard is clearly a top six and is a top 4 on most NHL teams - to suggest otherwise is ridiculous) for Paajarvi (lol) and now here you are calling Bjugstad, Petrovic and Upshall a "meagre" return. You are consistent with your contradictions - underselling Luongo, and yet complaining that this deal would not be enough,. According to you, Edmonton won't part with Paajarvi, but those three Panthers are meagre. Hurr hurr.

Not saying that I agree with the guy, but have you looked at Dubnyk's numbers from last year?

Dubnyk: 20-20-3, 2.67, .914, 2 SO

Luongo: 31-14-8, 2.41, .919, 5 SO

In theory, given that Dubnyk is 7 years younger, it's also reasonable to assume that one guy should probably be headed up, another guy probably headed down.

So I'd like to hear why you're so wound up over this "massive upgrade" comment. Or do numbers only count when they favour the Canucks' side?

Lou's stats were middle of the pack on a 1st place team, near bottom on shootouts, Schneiders stats were at the top.....If Luongo was our best player,,,,then we were a sorry bunch indeed !! The only way Lou looked good was to lump him with Schneider who carried his bag.

You obviously don't watch the games so why make stupid comments based on something you know nothing about? I myself have felt that Lou has been shaky in the past and downright awful at times but last year he got his game back and was undoubtedly one of the best if not the best player on the team. Get your head our of your arse.

You obviously don't watch the games so why make stupid comments based on something you know nothing about? I myself have felt that Lou has been shaky in the past and downright awful at times but last year he got his game back and was undoubtedly one of the best if not the best player on the team. Get your head our of your arse.

Luongo was the second best goaltender on the Canucks last year and a distant second in the playoffs. He "got his game back" last year? He was a middle of the pack goalie in every statistical category, he can take his game to Toronto or elsewhere.

Take your own advice.

Luongo was the second best goaltender on the Canucks last year and a distant second in the playoffs. He "got his game back" last year? He was a middle of the pack goalie in every statistical category, he can take his game to Toronto or elsewhere.

Take your own advice.

I've stated clearly the same viewpoint since Day 1. That is that this whole event has been badly mishandled by Canuck management, and now we're stuck trading Luongo, who's still very good, at a time when he has very little marketability.

There has been no flip-flopping in my position whatsoever. I would rather have moved Schneider - sold high - and kept Luongo. But that's not happening.

Take your own advice.

Archived