2774 replies to this topic

#931 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Haha Stromer being very politically correct with his answers.

I hope we see Scheifele in the cape :P
Posted Image

#932 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

He could have and it may have been smarter to do so, just trying to point out he didn't have to under the rules. In my experience it doesn't matter if the player has full control or not in terms of interference, you can still make a play with just a brief touch. Maybe if Camara let's up, Luza doesn't get spooked and manages to chip the puck up the boards or make a pass, who knows.

Anyways I feel I've made all the points I need to. Still disappointed by Canada's play. I'll give them credit for sticking with it and taking over the game, but I would have preferred a full 60 minute effort. While I think Camara's hit was clean, discipline still seems to be an issue. For example the first major penalty was clearly dirty. Time for Canada be more focused.

I agree, Camara was engaged in the hit, I don't think (Even if Camara had held up by half a second) that Luza could have made a play he had lost control at a terrible time for him.

Oh well I feel I have said my piece on it too, we both have our opinions and that's fine, no reason to be sour over it.

I agree though Canada needs to play better, they are lucky Slovakia got off there game and Nagy got rattled, cause at the time Slovakia was playing alot better than them, then Canada got the momentum from it and Slovakia was deflated.

A great effort from a huge underdog, and Canada still needs to work on things defensively.

Yea, there's gonna be people that think it was clean, and people that think it was dirty. Bottom line is, it was called. And the refs don't have the benefit of watching a replay like we do. They have to call it in a split second.

That's two players that have had their world juniors ended because of a Canadian hit. I really don't feel bad if they get suspensions because of it.

I hope Canada goes with Binnington next game though. I don't know if Subban can take them the whole way.

I think I'll have to watch the replay of the USA/Russia game.

I think Subban can't be faulted, if Canada could play better defensively Subban wouldn't look so bad, if we fix the defense I think we will be fine.

Can't wait for USA/Russia, might need to grab a cup of coffee to make it through though. :P

zackass.png

#933 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Putting the hit aside, I really hope Luza is okay, he was playing very well for Slovakia and is one of Slovakias best, handles big minutes for them, never want to see something like that, hopefully it is not too too serious.

zackass.png

#934 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

I thought Rattie played a great game today and seems to have his sweet spot on the side for easy tap-ins... I'd say Camaras hit was clean and agree with Bob Mckenzie on that.. down 2 men and still rallying to come back, damn I'm impressed. So with the two game misconducts does this mean we will have ten forwards for our next game??

#935 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Amongst other things, I think our quick transitions and the quick passes surprised the Slovaks for the second half, since there was none of that in the 1st period. Hopefully it doesn't take the team 20 minutes to start playing on Sunday - don't think they'll get the chance to claw back against the USA.

Edit: I also thought the D stepped it up in the second half. Where Subban faltered on rebounds, the D were right there to clear it, and I saw a lot more blocking in the slot area. Hoping this is a sign of more to come...

Edited by marinated.pea, 28 December 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Posted Image

#936 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

I thought Rattie played a great game today and seems to have his sweet spot on the side for easy tap-ins... I'd say Camaras hit was clean and agree with Bob Mckenzie on that.. down 2 men and still rallying to come back, damn I'm impressed. So with the two game misconducts does this mean we will have ten forwards for our next game??

Do you agree with me that Rattie should play on the 2nd in favour of Ritchie?

Ritchie just doesn't look like he has the same speed as that line, and IMO his size doesn't really add a whole lot to the line, it helps but it doesn't add a whole lot that Rattie couldn't make up for with his speed, and Rattie is a better pure offensive player.

zackass.png

#937 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Depends on suspensions, I'm hoping the IIHF sees the light and doesn't suspend Camara, according to MacKenzie Camara was told by an IIHF official that he thought it was a legal check so hopefully with the benefit of replay they will make the right decision.

Lupin on the other hand will probably be suspended for sure, no way he gets away with such a clear headshot with the arms up.

#938 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Amongst other things, I think our quick transitions and the quick passes surprised the Slovaks for the second half, since there was none of that in the 1st period. Hopefully it doesn't take the team 20 minutes to start playing on Sunday - don't think they'll get the chance to claw back against the USA.

Yeah or else they will kill us, we are lucky the momentum of the game changed the way it did for us (And that Nagy got rattled) Cause the Slovaks played well and were the better team for the 1st period.

Teams like USA and Russia with more high end skill would be able to keep there foot on the gas there and end us.

zackass.png

#939 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

I do agree

#940 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Depends on suspensions, I'm hoping the IIHF sees the light and doesn't suspend Camara, according to MacKenzie Camara was told by an IIHF official that he thought it was a legal check so hopefully with the benefit of replay they will make the right decision.

Lupin on the other hand will probably be suspended for sure, no way he gets away with such a clear headshot with the arms up.

Yeah I agree, Lipon should get atleast 1-2 games, I would be surprised if Camara got more than 1 game but I think he might, in international hockey the final result is looked at alot more.

That could work to against Camara, but when he engaged the hit was looking to be clean so hopefully they take it into heavy consideration and don't throw the book at him.

zackass.png

#941 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Yeah or else they will kill us, we are lucky the momentum of the game changed the way it did for us (And that Nagy got rattled) Cause the Slovaks played well and were the better team for the 1st period.

Teams like USA and Russia with more high end skill would be able to keep there foot on the gas there and end us.

I think some of that should be credited to the team though. Not many consider two major penalties 'lucky' - I think it showed a lot that the team was able to keep at it, kill off most of the minutes, and turn the momentum in their favour.
Posted Image

#942 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

I think some of that should be credited to the team though. Not many consider two major penalties 'lucky' - I think it showed a lot that the team was able to keep at it, kill off most of the minutes, and turn the momentum in their favour.

Yeah I agree, I do think the Slovaks stayed in it and played aswell as they could, some shotty defensive zone coverage (Rattie was left wide open when he should have been covered) and Nagy got rattled, was never able to recover. Nontheless we rebounded and played like we should have and the Slovaks had a great effort.

Aside from the injuries/possibly suspensions both teams had a pretty good game.

zackass.png

#943 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

First half of the game seemed like a good wake up call, up until that point they clearly weren't fully focused even against Germany. If Canada had been able to coast through this game it might have set us up for failure later on. Clearly they did wake up and played a whole lot better as the game went on. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so hopefully a little bit of adversity will keep them from getting too cocky and they'll take their focus into the big games coming up.

Edited by etsen3, 28 December 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#944 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

IMO, this is an absolutely gorgeous hit. Terrible to see Luza get hurt and I hope he is okay, but an injury can occur on a clean play. This is an example.
It was not charging, he glided into the hit and he stayed on his feet.
Lipons hit was dirty. Jenners hit was dirty. Camaras hit was not dirty.

Seems like this hit turned the tide in Canada's favour though, despite allowing a goal on the PK, they really picked up their game after this. However, we are not looking good. It really looks like we will be in tough against Russia and the USA.

Edited by Jägermeister, 28 December 2012 - 05:34 AM.

Posted Image

#945 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

For Slovakia I really liked Marko Dano's game, he's good offensively and brings grit, goes to the tough areas. I would to see us get this guy in the draft.

I also kinda like Tomas Rusina, he is a good skater and a good passer. He can get caught puck watching but much like the German guy he just needs more focus and to be more aggresive, notheless I like his a game, he's a solid puck mover.

There are some other (Reway, Mikus, Luza) but those two particularly.

zackass.png

#946 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

For Slovakia I really liked Marko Dano's game, he's good offensively and brings grit, goes to the tough areas. I would to see us get this guy in the draft.

Dano was the best guy out there on either side (with the possible exception of Scheifele).
He did just about everything, and was always involved in the play. Including his game against Russia, he's been one of the most noticable players thus far.
If we could land him in the 3rd, or even the 2nd round, I would be very happy.

Edited by Jägermeister, 28 December 2012 - 05:53 AM.

Posted Image

#947 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Dano was the best guy out there on either side (with the possible exception of Scheifele).
He did just about everything, and was always involved in the play. Including his game against Russia, he's been one of the most noticable players thus far.
If we could land him in the 3rd, or even the 2nd round, I would be very happy.

Absolutely, he has been very very impressive.

And I agree too, I think he might be avaliable in the 3rd (Maybe depending on where we pick) but if there isn't anyone else that we want when our 2nd pick rolls around then I would have no problem taking him then, looks like a good prospect.

zackass.png

#948 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

While Subban hasn't played poorly per se, at this point I have little confidence in him to make the "big save" if need be. He seems to be fighting off rather harmless shots, and it really looks like every shot on net could get through.
When it comes time for us to play the US and Russia, I have a bad feeling that he won't be able to stand tall when needed, and although that doesn't mean I think he will play badly, it's just I don't think he will be able to steal a game for us, and the way the rest of the team has played so far, I think we may need to have our goalies steal a game or two in order for us to take Gold.
At this point I would like to see Binnington get a start, just to see if he can replicate his play against Finland.

Edited by Jägermeister, 28 December 2012 - 06:04 AM.

Posted Image

#949 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Holly Yarullin has a bomb, and he's undrafted. Alot of the Russian players are undrafted. Should look at some of them, most notibly Yarullin and Mironov

zackass.png

#950 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Since when do Russians need cheerleaders?

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 28 December 2012 - 08:19 AM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#951 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I see a lot of Bure in Yakupov.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#952 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Yeah I do too, he looks so dangerous.

zackass.png

#953 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Since when do Russians need cheerleaders?

Yeah

Edited by vv2, 28 December 2012 - 08:32 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#954 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Yeah

lol

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 28 December 2012 - 08:35 AM.

zackass.png

#955 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Am I the only one who has really liked Yarullin's game?

We should look at drafting or signing the guy he reminds me alot of James Wisniewski.

I also like Mironov, he is solid defensively and skates well, also plays the PP.

Both of them play in the KHL, so they are already getting high level experience. Wonder if they would consider coming to NA.

zackass.png

#956 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Am I the only one who has really liked Yarullin's game?

We should look at drafting or signing the guy he reminds me alot of James Wisniewski.

I also like Mironov, he is solid defensively and skates well, also plays the PP.

Both of them play in the KHL, so they are already getting high level experience. Wonder if they would consider coming to NA.

Trying to get players from the KHL to the NHL and an entry level contract is difficult. The KHL the players get salaries that are tax free, hard to compete when your entry level deals are around $950,000 and you could be demoted to the minors and get far less.
GO CANUCKS GO!

Posted Image

#957 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Trying to get players from the KHL to the NHL and an entry level contract is difficult. The KHL the players get salaries that are tax free, hard to compete when your entry level deals are around $950,000 and you could be demoted to the minors and get far less.

Still, you'd think it would be worth a late pick no?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#958 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I think Yarullin is able to be signed now that he is 19

But Mironov is an 18 year old and is able to be drafted I think, I would take a long look at using a late round pick on Mironov, if we could even convince him to come over he could be a great addition, he is 18 and playing well in the KHL.

As for Yarullin he is even better, if we could somehow get him over here that would be huge, he's got alot of offensive skill, is a great skater, plays physically and can play in any situation.

It's wishful thinking but it's worth a shot.

zackass.png

#959 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

I think it's cute that the cheerleaders are hockey fans because when it's an important play they are too busy watching the hockey to keep with the cheers lol.

And yes they are cute. :)
GO CANUCKS GO!

Posted Image

#960 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

That was an incredible game.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.