The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

I don't think the D was ever going to be the best asset. If anything the D got a bit of a pass because of how our Gs have been playing in recent history, but this year the D looked pretty bad to start. No idea why they picked so many offensive defensemen that can't really D.

Well, they're backing up my statement thus far.

You guys make some valid points, but I do feel previous years had better teams on ice and definitely on paper, obviously. I knew of all the players on those Tavares, Alzner, led teams, etc. Now, I only know of about half the team. Maybe I just paid more attention to junior hockey then, who knows.

Well, they're backing up my statement thus far.

You guys make some valid points, but I do feel previous years had better teams on ice and definitely on paper, obviously. I knew of all the players on those Tavares, Alzner, led teams, etc. Now, I only know of about half the team. Maybe I just paid more attention to junior hockey then, who knows.

Canadians obviously rattled. They played whistle to whistle against the Germans, now frustration seems to be boiling over. Hopefully Spott gets some sense into the team, they can't win playing at 70%.

Slovakia is doing too good of a job clogging up the neutral zone and the slot. Barely anything has gotten to Nagy, and they can't just dance around him like they did with Trautmann.

Archived