The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

I 100% disagree with where your going with this.. The Russians are going to be so jacked up for this tournament and have 2 goalies we have trouble beating. If vasilevski is at the top of his game we could be in serious trouble even with RNH, who also just said he hasn't felt 100% lately. We always have a stacked team and yes I do agree this team is a lot more hopeful than previous years, but the 2 big reasons we lose everytime IMO are... 1. We stop hitting and underestimate our opponents desire to not only win, but beat the Canadians(who think they're the best). That gives them a more fearless mentality when they aren't looking over their shoulders and making mistakes.. 2. our goaltending always seems to be a question mark. If this turns into a goaltending battle you wouldn't be stupid putting your money on Vasilevski to steal the game from us...

I'm not trying to be King of ES or nothing I'm just saying our key to domination is in the physical department. No doubt we have the skill to win but if we're hammering the rest of the world for 60 mins every game, it's going to lessen their scoring chances and increase ours.

I can assure you this tourny will be no cakewalk

Anyone know who will make the Sweddish team? Aren't Landeskog and Larsson still elligble?  Any chance they will play?  What about Zibanejad?  If  those 3 players are able to and decide to play Sweden could be hard to beat? Edit- just checked both Larsson and Landeskog are 20 already even though they were drafted in the same year as RNH.  Nice break for Canada, bad break for Sweden.

Sweden will not be a contender with Zibanejad, Brodin, and Klefbom out. Finland takes a step back as Granlund is too old. If there's a sleeper team, I think the Czechs could surprise some people with Musil, Frk, Hertl, and Faksa. USA looks solid with Jones, Skjei, Trouba, Miller, Biggs, Galchenyuk, Matteau, and Gibson between the pipes. Russia looks good as always with two solid goaltenders in Vasilevski and Makarov. Throw in Grigorenko, Zlobin, Yakupov, Khokhlachev, and Zharkov, looks pretty good to me. But no Kuznetzov or Tarasenko will hurt a bit.

Without using hindsight to say look how many guys became superstars, id say going into the tournament this team is close to 2005. The difference was Crosby. We all knew he was the best player in the world before he stepped on NHL ice.

Archived