The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks making critical mistakes in hindsight?

Lui's Knob

He wouldn't have helped versus LA. That's not bashing him it's simply understanding that hockey is a team game and he wasn't going to pull the team on his shoulders. The team is also not in a worse place without him because the role he needed to be in to be successful was Keslers spot ( A guy who actually is a big part of this team)and he didn't have a chance of taking that. He was wasted on the third line and quite frankly he wasn't great at it either. He was an ok third liner and a good second liner on this team. Sadly his role here was on the third line.

So yeah, teams no worse and they still likely lose to LA.

Obviously he wasn't going to 'put the team on his shoulders'. He wouldn't have needed to. We didn't get blown out in any of our losses, a couple points is the difference between going into game 5 down 3-1 and upp 3-1. Our lines were seemingly drawn names outta hats. We lacked scoring depth, without Daniel we didn't have a any great sniper and our PP cost us goals rather than gained. Cody was our 4th highest scorer(?) pretty significant.

Kesler was injured

Phalsson was not good in the playoffs and is now retired

Kassian was scratched

We now lack centre depth and have concerns about young prospects filling future holes

I'm not saying Cody was a promising young center with a great shot and a history of timely goals.. wait yes I am. He would have helped in a lot of our weak areas in that series. It's just mind boggingly stupid to trade a player like Cody when Kesler was injured and we knew we needed depth scoring. Doesn't make sense.

Hodgson was playing third line minutes as a rookie.He has already done it.

Gillis promoted his - protected minutes schtick- in his cover the rear end speech.

I love that when Hodgson was protected but Kass cannot even get on the fourth line.

The guy playing and scoring is the guy I go with,no matter how many gullible fans buy the Gillis schtick.

Hodgson -rookie year plays 12 NHL playoff games.Averages 6.75 minutes and registers up to 20 shifts per game,averaging 11+shifts each and every playoff game he played.

Kassian-rookie year plays in 4 NHL playoff games. Averages 5.3 minutes per game and a maximum 11 shifts for 8.6 shifts per game.

Hodgson -rookie year plays 12 NHL playoff games.Averages 6.75 minutes and registers up to 20 shifts per game,averaging 11+shifts each and every playoff game he played.

Kassian-rookie year plays in 4 NHL playoff games. Averages 5.3 minutes per game and a maximum 11 shifts for 8.6 shifts per game.

Gillis promoted his - protected minutes schtick- in his cover the rear end speech.

I love that when Hodgson was protected but Kass cannot even get on the fourth line.

The guy playing and scoring is the guy I go with,no matter how many gullible fans buy the Gillis schtick.

Archived