The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

world war z

avelanch

An upcoming post-apocalyptic horror/zombie film directed by Marc Forster and written by Matthew Michael Carnahan, starring Brad Pitt

Based on the graphic novel of the same name, A U.N. employee is racing against time and fate, as he travels the world trying to stop the outbreak of a deadly Zombie pandemic.

trailer:

looks intense.

i love zombie movies, and--i'll admit it--i love brad pitt as well. so i'll see this, but i think it looks pretty terrible judging by that trailer, which looks literally like every other summer blockbuster trailer ever made

cgi

cgi

cgi

I'd really really love to see a movie made with elements of a romantic comedy, a bit of historical significance, a vampire protagonist and zombie antagonists so as to have all of the Hollywood "flavors of the week" all in one film so they can move on to making movies about things that HAVEN'T been hashed and rehashed umpteen thousand times. Are there no original ideas for movies anymore?

I'd really really love to see a movie made with elements of a romantic comedy, a bit of historical significance, a vampire protagonist and zombie antagonists so as to have all of the Hollywood "flavors of the week" all in one film so they can move on to making movies about things that HAVEN'T been hashed and rehashed umpteen thousand times. Are there no original ideas for movies anymore?

I have seen Django Unchained and Looper off of that list, and also Cloud Atlas. I will grant that there are exceptions and very noted exceptions (Django was one of the best films I have seen all year) but there have been a staggering amount of vampire/werewolf/zombie movies in the last two or three years and it gets tiresome having to weed through those to get to the more intriguing and original storylines. Looper was pretty good but a bit long, as was Cloud Atlas...and yeah I'm aware Django was nearly three hours long but there wasn't any part of that movie that dragged on so much I wondered what time it was.

Archived