The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

wow,,,you in denial worse than lance Armstrong ever was.

He does not want to be here!!!!!!!

"

VANCOUVER - Roberto Luongo says he is willing to wait as long as necessary for a trade.

The goaltender returned to the ice for an informal workout with his Vancouver Canucks teammates Friday while facing an uncertain NHL future.

Luongo was displaced as Vancouver's starting goaltender by Cory Schneider in last spring's Stanley Cup playoffs. After the season, Luongo said he would waive his no-trade clause if asked. But Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis could not swing a deal before the 113-day NHL lockout began Sept. 15.

"I told (Gillis) I was ready to go as long as it took," said Luongo. "Whether it's a couple days, next week, two weeks, at the end of the season, it's totally fine with me."

An interesting "coincidence" that this is taking place in light of Mike Gillis choosing to not deal with the situation.

I have a hard time believing that Schneider would've put on this performance had Gillis instead moved Lu for Schenn in the summer, and signed a guy like Dan Ellis. Just as I thought it would, not dealing with this situation has put these two under a massive microscope, and it's adversely affected both. HNIC panel already doing the "who should start tomorrow?" debate. This will continue.

Sanchez/Tebow

Damn. I really hate to do this, but to an extent I have to agree with King. With Lou looking over his shoulder, Schneids is going to have games like this. Not all of them, but in a tough game when you look up at the guy who you stole the job from is looking at you, and you both know he would have made that last save..... That's going to add pressure. Lou needs to go. I don't want him to, but if Cory is our man we need to get it done!

That disaster of a first game is far from being all Schneids fault!

That could quite possibly be the worst example of team defense I have seen in a long time.

When your 4th line is your best line, then you have a problem.

The PK was non existent,

Defence was non existant

Only Volpatti was hitting

Schneider let in 5 on grade "A" chances and it is his responsibility to make those saves.

But C'mon man the team stunk in front of him!

I say BAG skate at 8:00AM

Lets not give up on Schneider yet.

That could quite possibly be the worst example of team defense I have seen in a long time.

The PK was non existent,

Defence was non existant

Schneider let in 5 on grade "A" chances and it is his responsibility to make those saves.

The PK was non existent,

Defence was non existant

Archived