The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

To me Brayden Schenn is a bigger Mike Richards, with possibly a higher offensive ceiling. Couturier fits a Ryan Kesler two way centre mold, but with much better playmaking ability. I don't know, how could you say no to EITHER of those?

if the rumors are true that burkie fell on his sword because he refused to deal gardiner for luongo (however unlikely that may be), and nonis is presumably willing to make that move, i hope gillis uses that leverage to up the offer from florida or elsewhere, leaving the leafs without a goalie yet again. that would be fun for me, burke getting fired for no reason and all.

Does the Lu deal get done by Saturday night? Training camp starts Sunday!

TO always over rates their players and prospects.

The big question is how Nonis views his GM role now and long term. HC seems to think he isn't there for the long term (a Burke man). Does he even have the authority to make a Lu deal or does that decision go up to the Board? Nonis probably thinks he might be cooked no matter what he does. He is young enough that another GM role will be in his future depending on what he does in TO. One shouldn't jump to conclusions I guess because Ferguson never got another GM position.

My conclusion is that Nonis will deal for Lu because making the playoffs is his only shot at staying a GM. Lu gives him that shot. He can sign FA's to fill out the front.

Absolutely laughable to see the talking heads on TSN and Sportsnet go on about the Burke firing. Have you ever seen a TO player or prospect who wasn't the 2nd coming of The Big M or Red Kelley? That's how far back you have to go to find talent!

Th

Does the Lu deal get done by Saturday night? Training camp starts Sunday!

TO always over rates their players and prospects.

The big question is how Nonis views his GM role now and long term. HC seems to think he isn't there for the long term (a Burke man). Does he even have the authority to make a Lu deal or does that decision go up to the Board? Nonis probably thinks he might be cooked no matter what he does. He is young enough that another GM role will be in his future depending on what he does in TO. One shouldn't jump to conclusions I guess because Ferguson never got another GM position.

My conclusion is that Nonis will deal for Lu because making the playoffs is his only shot at staying a GM. Lu gives him that shot. He can sign FA's to fill out the front.

Absolutely laughable to see the talking heads on TSN and Sportsnet go on about the Burke firing. Have you ever seen a TO player or prospect who wasn't the 2nd coming of The Big M or Red Kelley? That's how far back you have to go to find talent!

Th

Kadri, Bozak, 2nd

Weiss, Shore, 2nd

Or Couturier/ Schenn straight up??

The team who gets the best player in a trade wins, if it were up to me I would take Couturier or Schenn and run with it. In a year from now nobody will care that we could have got a higher "quantity" of assets and rentals ( Bozak, 2nd round picks) if couturier turns into our future 1st line centre.

Archived