Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

My Trade Suggestions for Luongo from both teams:

Toronto:

Kadri, Bozak*, Finn, Condidtional 1st**

(*Bozak is a pending UFA, which takes away from his value)
(**Becomes a 2nd if the Leafs miss the Playoffs)

Florida:

Weiss*, Petrovic, Trocheck, Conditional 2nd**

(* Weiss is a pending UFA and is unlikely to be re-signed (By FLA), making his value less than normal)
(**Becomes a 1st if Weiss doesn't re-sign with us)

Perhaps both seem like a bit much but this is what I would shoot for right away since by all accounts both teams will be making a big push for Roberto, then we can slowly back off these proposal's.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 06 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

zackass.png

#212 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

"Perfect"? Not quite.

Markstrom will be 24 - 25 in 2 - 3 years, at which point Luongo will still have 6 - 7 years remaining on his deal.

Never mentioned his contract.

#213 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

If Florida is the destination, I'd love to see Rocco Grimaldi as part of the package coming back our way.

#214 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

If Florida is the destination, I'd love to see Rocco Grimaldi as part of the package coming back our way.

Yes, I'm sure you would.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#215 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Never mentioned his contract.

Pretty key factor in this deal.

#216 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I wouldn't, we don't need undersized forwards, Grimaldi works hard and has skill but we have smaller prospects already.

Although honestly I'm surprised you are saying this considering the way you jump all over Schroeder.

zackass.png

#217 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Not a surprise. Did you read the boxscore of the gold medal game?
Two fluke goals - otherwise a pretty lame tournament.

No thanks. If you're looking to add a tiny forward, Calgary has a better one in the pint sized Gaudreau.

But I notice you said "part of the package" - do you mean you think Luongo is actually worth more than Grimaldi?

Edited by oldnews, 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#218 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I wouldn't, we don't need undersized forwards, Grimaldi works hard and has skill but we have smaller prospects already.

Although honestly I'm surprised you are saying this considering the way you jump all over Schroeder.

"Jump all over Schroeder" - where and when? I've always been high on Schroeder. Good hockey player. His lackluster production in the AHL is a concern, but I'm certainly willing to see what he can do in the NHL.

Size really is not an issue to me. I also talked about Johnny Gaudreau during the tourney, who's very small as well. Who cares? A hockey player is a hockey player.

#219 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Here's the best trade considering your assessment of Luongo.

FLA
Luongo
Schroeder
1st

VAN
Nothing

Is that good enough or should we add Edler too?

Well, my assessment of Luongo is quite high. What you seem to not consider is that Tallon has a say in what he would want to trade for Luongo. So, in order to get a deal done Gillis has to decide if he wants to hold out for a guy like Huberdeau (who will never be coming here) or does he take something a bit less which can still help the team.

Huberdeau is probably their top prospect, regardless of position. Close seconds are guys like ,Markstrom, Bjugstad, Petrovic. and Shore. What would be wrong with having Petrovic and Shore on the Canucks *now* rather than never having Huberdeau?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#220 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Not a surprise. Did you read the boxscore of the gold medal game?
Two fluke goals - otherwise a pretty lame tournament.

No thanks.

I'd rather read box scores than their simple body measurements.

OMG, Bjugstad is 6'5"!!! The next Lindros!!! OMG, Petrovic is 6'4"!!! Next Pronger, for sure!

#221 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'd rather read box scores than their simple body measurements.

So you did read the boxscore. That explains it.

#222 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

"Jump all over Schroeder" - where and when? I've always been high on Schroeder. Good hockey player. His lackluster production in the AHL is a concern, but I'm certainly willing to see what he can do in the NHL.

Size really is not an issue to me. I also talked about Johnny Gaudreau during the tourney, who's very small as well. Who cares? A hockey player is a hockey player.

Alright maybe my comment was off the mark, I do remember you critcizing him for his play (Which is alot better this year than you think) and for us drafting him ahead of other guys. But let's put that all behind us.

Size is an issue to me, size is a huge factor in playoff hockey and that is the focus of this team the playoffs, Grimaldi is really small, he plays with some grit and works hard but he is like 5'6, if he was Schroeder's hight or taller I would have no issue with it but he is just too small IMO, there are better players to target.

And Gaudreau had a great WJ but is by no means a sure thing, he is just the new shiny toy, just wait till he gets to the AHL he will face the same critisims Schroeder has faced, expect probably more since Schroeder is/was stronger than he is and Schroeder has a better defensive game.

I would much rather target Petrovic, Trocheck, Shore or Howden myself.

zackass.png

#223 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

So you did read the boxscore. That explains it.

Actually, I watched the games. Which is why I predicted - accurately - that the United States were going to eliminate Canada, the night before it happened. The United States were the better team in the preliminary game. Subban won that game for Canada.

Grimaldi's a gamer. You should always pay more attention to guys who have their best games when the pressure is at its highest - kinda like Cody Hodgson.

#224 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Actually, I watched the games. Which is why I predicted - accurately - that the United States were going to eliminate Canada, the night before it happened. The United States were the better team in the preliminary game. Subban won that game for Canada.

Grimaldi's a gamer. You should always pay more attention to guys who have their best games when the pressure is at its highest - kinda like Cody Hodgson.

Yeah he really stepped up his game King. His two goals were clearly the result of being a "gamer."
One seeing eye goal that climbed Lundstrom's stick - the other bounced off his glove lol.
There were a handful of Americans that played much, much better hockey than Grimaldi. Not surprised at all that he's the guy you'd want off that roster.

#225 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

All of te above mentioned teams would move significant assets for Schneider though.

That's wishful thinking. Let me go over them again:
- Tampa: They've already moved to get a potential starter, they might consider it but not until they see what they have
- Columbus: have some potential but would easily look to improve with Schneider, assuming they could move Mason and not overpay with other players/prospects
- Florida: not really needing a young superstar as they still have Markstrom but could send him back in a deal
- Toronto: Could definitely use a young, solid upgrade, might even pay depdning on what's asked for
- Edmonton: has Dubnyk, so they aren't about to give up even better assets than they would in a Luongo deal to a division rival

Some of those teams would rather have an established goalie for a little cheaper like Luongo rather than pay more for the next big thing in Schneider. The other detail would be some likely wanting to send an existing goalie back, which we might not need.

Schneider has a different market than Luongo, and not all teams overlap.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#226 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Trocheck > > > > Grimaldi.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#227 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

id be tempted to throw luongo schroeder and a 1st at tallon and see if he coughs up huberdeau.

probably not but that is a hefty package for them to consider.

That is not a hefty package, hahaha

want huberdeu? add Frank C to that package for a starting point. And you really think GMDT will just bend over and take Luongo's contract with no money coming back?

Hahah

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#228 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

VAN
Gudbranson
Bjudgstad

FLA
Schneider
1st

Again this is not an option Luongo hates Vancouver and he hates you

This is not a Cory Schneider trade discussion thread.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#229 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm just wondering where he was in Buffalo? lol

Grimaldi isn't a gamer, he was good but not that good, 2 lucky goals after being benched the game before, and terrible in the tourney prior to that one game doesn't suddenly boost his trade value. And many US players played alot better than him in that game.

Trocheck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Grimaldi

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 06 January 2013 - 07:21 PM.

zackass.png

#230 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well, my assessment of Luongo is quite high. What you seem to not consider is that Tallon has a say in what he would want to trade for Luongo. So, in order to get a deal done Gillis has to decide if he wants to hold out for a guy like Huberdeau (who will never be coming here) or does he take something a bit less which can still help the team.

Huberdeau is probably their top prospect, regardless of position. Close seconds are guys like ,Markstrom, Bjugstad, Petrovic. and Shore. What would be wrong with having Petrovic and Shore on the Canucks *now* rather than never having Huberdeau?

regards,
G.

And Luongo is our top goaltender. What's your point?

#231 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

And Schneider is our top goaltender. What's your point?

Fixed.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#232 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

And Luongo is our top goaltender. What's your point?

Luongo is YOUR top goalie is more like it

#233 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Our time time to win is now, and that is why trading for prospects makes no sense. The team needs an impact player, not someone who may be two to five years down the road.

Edited by jmfaminoff, 06 January 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#234 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Our time time win is now, and that is why trading for prospects makes no sense. The team needs an impact player, not someone who may be two to five years down the road.

And we can't afford to trade Luongo for an impact player because of how little cap space we have right now, that's why we have to trade hm for good prospects to keep our Cup window open.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#235 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Our time time to win is now, and that is why trading for prospects makes no sense. The team needs an impact player, not someone who may be two to five years down the road.

We can't afford to sacrifice Edler by taking on a mediocre roster player.

If we can get someone like Weiss or Bozak who is a pending UFA that we can let go at the end of the season then I would do it, (aslong as there are other pieces of course)

But to get someone like Kulemin or Connolly or Versteeg and risk Edler doesn't make alot of sense to me when we have people who are capable.

zackass.png

#236 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

What everyone is forgetting is that we have some cap space right now, and there are still some good players out there, Brendan Morrison for example might work on the third line, or someone to that effect.

Andrei Kostitsyn and Kristain Huselius are players who might fit the 2nd line spot, not that they would be my #1 choices but there are options our there.

zackass.png

#237 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

We can't afford to sacrifice Edler by taking on a mediocre roster player.

If we can get someone like Weiss or Bozak who is a pending UFA that we can let go at the end of the season then I would do it, (aslong as there are other pieces of course)

But to get someone like Kulemin or Connolly or Versteeg and risk Edler doesn't make alot of sense to me when we have people who are capable.

What everyone is forgetting is that we have some cap space right now, and there are still some good players out there, Brendan Morrison for example might work on the third line, or someone to that effect.

Andrei Kostitsyn and Kristain Huselius are players who might fit the 2nd line spot, not that they would be my #1 choices but there are options our there.

Good point Smashian. The Canucks have the option of signing a veteran center/right wing to a one year deal for short term depth as they let their prospects develop further. Taking back a dead weight contract in the Luongo deal is not an option imo. I wouldn't mind a player like Upshall who is a moderate cap hit and a hell of a player if healthy, but aside from someone like that, what is the point? Taking primarily prospects is what I am hoping takes place - ideally at least one guy who is nearing NHL readiness.
There are still players out in the UFA market who would make decent short term rentals that would cost no asset value - Arnott has been thrown around a lot - I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Jochen Hecht signed to a one year deal. Always liked the way he plays - good two way player who has almost always been a plus player, and is lighting it up in Germany as we speak!!!
Also would like to see the Canucks pick up Eric Fehr - with a name like that, he's bound to be a player. ::D

#238 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Again this is not an option Luongo hates Vancouver and he hates you

This is not a Cory Schneider trade discussion thread.

TBL
Schneider

VAN
Hedman

#239 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

TBL
Schneider

VAN
Hedman

Hedman can play net?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#240 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yeah I was on Capgeek aearlier and we have close to $2.5 mill available. Also the fact Kesler is injured we could sign player(s) up to $5 mill more until Kes comes back or Luongo gets traded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.