The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder will surprise us like Hodgson

The Dark Knight

Comparing Shroeder to Hodgson means nothing as the kid is twenty pounds lighter ,probably four inches smaller and has not played an NHL game despite four years of AHL play.

Your facts are not consistent with reality.

I have had enough of your `` Cody love`` immature remarks so try to make some rational statements or just stop.

His only disadvantage is his size. If he can play a big mans game, but utilize his speed and finesse, he'll be all right. He's definitely not going to put up gargantuan numbers, but I think he'll be a good quick fix while waiting for Kesler.

I've never had high hopes for Schroeder, but hopefully this will be a "coming out party" of sorts for him.

I would say a few minor changes:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Lapierre Booth

Higgins Malhotra Hansen

Weise Ebbett Kassian

AV will always go with a majority veteran lineup in the top 6 no matter how they play. If Lapierre is not on the 2nd line then I bet Ebbett is with Lappy on the 3rd and Manny on the 4th. I doubt Schroeder gets a shot there unless there is no other choice.

Sorry.This is year four.Manitoba 2009-2011.Chicago last year and this one.203 total AHL games,inc.playoffs.

Hodgson worked out with Roberts again but was listed at 194 lbs. on the Buffalo site.

Jordan would be the 179 they list when he is soaking wet.

No he isn't, he was asked to work on his 2 way game and he is. However the fact is he still looked "behind the play" far too often in Chicago and lacks the strength and the combative edge required from someone of his size to do it effectively in the NHL...........especially on that "Disney Line"

I like what Jordan brings but his development at the NHL level will have to be a process,just like his AHL time.

Although he has parts of four AHL seasons to his credit he does not have one NHL game under his belt.

With 203 AHL games played he is more than ready to have a shot at the NHL but it would have to be incremental and this is not the year for experimentation and initiation,as MG says.

Nuck, Schroeder has played parts of 4 season's, not 4 seasons. it equals out to 2 seasons (not including this one) so it's not 4.

IMO Schroeder is a better player now than Cody was in training camp last year, and we all saw how much better he got, then you add that Schroeder is already in mid season form (Something more of our roster isn't in) and that he is riding a point streak so his confidence is high, why not give Schroeder a chance to do that same?

I think he will surprise alot of you.

To be fair, he only played 11 games in 09 and 30 so far in 12. So really only 2 years in AHL so far. 2013 will be 3yrs. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Cody, but he certainly has a disadvantage that will take him longer to get to the NHL. If he were Cody's height and weight, I think he would be as good or better. Certainly a more complete player.

I like what Jordan brings but his development at the NHL level will have to be a process,just like his AHL time.

Although he has parts of four AHL seasons to his credit he does not have one NHL game under his belt.

With 203 AHL games played he is more than ready to have a shot at the NHL but it would have to be incremental and this is not the year for experimentation and initiation,as MG says.

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Cody, but he certainly has a disadvantage that will take him longer to get to the NHL.

If he were Cody's height and weight, I think he would be as good or better. Certainly a more complete player.

I think Ebbett will eventually be the 2nd line center in Kesler's absence. I see Schroeder making the lineup (by default), but struggling somewhat. Because the Canucks usually start slowly, Schneider's stats won't be pretty, creating controversy. Luongo unfortunately won't do much better until later in the season.

I like Schroeder, but I don't really see him becoming a consistent top six player, but rather a complimentary player like Wellwood.

well said.

Jordan Schroeder has tremendous upside. His talents could very well translate to an excellent top 6 forward at the NHL level. I for one have faith they will. His hockey IQ and vision are elite IMO.

The problem with the present situation is JS is only 22(most top 6 centers are 24-25 before they break out.) small in stature and even if he was able to perform his AHL game at an NHL level (which will be almost impossible) it is hard to imagine AV endearing himself to yet another non physical presence in our line-up.

JS has a leg up on the NHL players. He is already in mid season form and this could very well see him start the season in the Canucks top 3 lines in some capacity, but the hard truth of the situation is he is currently a match up dream for the opposition.

My best hopes for Jordan are that he could find a niche as a playmaker for Kesler and Booth 2 physical shooting beasts. I think it is fair to assume that he would at least have more success than Raymond who lacks finish and balance.

Archived