258 replies to this topic

#181 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

so impress the fans....get injured...get accused of faking an injury...get in the doghouse of AV...get called a crybaby for wanting more playing time...and then get run out of town?
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#182 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Schroeder was the best draft pick since Linden.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#183 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

schroeder and gaunce are very similar players to hodgson

Not really. Gaunce is bigger than Hodgson, better down low, a more grinding player, Cody has better allround offensive skill, most notably playmaking, the only thing similar is leadership/character & skating ability perhaps, but I think Gaunce has a better chance to develop that than Coho did cause Gaunce isn't as stocky.

Schroeder is a different player from Coho all together IMO, more mobile, more elusive better two way player, I think he is more dynamic, JS is better at making fast moves and doing things off the rush, Cody is better down low and in controlled situations IMO.

I like Schroeder, but if Holmgren is dialing in on the Luongo bidding, I want Couturier as much as any young center out there - and if we landed him, it'd only be fair to Schroeder to send him somewhere he's not buried behind the likes of Hank, Kesler and Couturier...

Luongo, Schroeder, Ballard

Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn.

They won't do it.

Couturier > or = Luongo
Simmonds >>> Schroeder
Coburn >>> Ballard

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 10 January 2013 - 11:58 PM.

zackass.png

#184 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

so impress the fans....get injured...get accused of faking an injury...get in the doghouse of AV...get called a crybaby for wanting more playing time...and then get run out of town?

More like, struggle to play in the NHL...realize you have an injury....get misdiagnosed by two professional doctors....blame the team for your injury...have your dad and agent demand more playing time...ask for a trade.

All at the age of 22. Real character player there. Forget about earning your opportunities.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#185 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Burrows

I'd like to see this top 6 for the first 5 or so games.

Both lines have a player who is in mid-season form.

Subbancopy.jpg

#186 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Burrows

Yea, I'm thinking that's the best combo. Not a good idea to have two rookies together.

Although I have a feeling Raymond is going to make his way into the top 6 somehow. Knowing AV it will probably be something like:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Schroeder Raymond

Posted Image

#187 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Burrows

With AV as coach in a shortened season? I think there is a better chance that all the idiots leave CDC forever at the same time........;)

#188 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

With AV as coach in a shortened season? I think there is a better chance that all the idiots leave CDC forever at the same time........ ;)

There's already talk that Kassian will get a shot with the Sedins.
But I agree the 2C is more likely going to be one of Burrows/Higgins/Ebbett.

Subbancopy.jpg

#189 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

More like, struggle to play in the NHL...realize you have an injury....get misdiagnosed by two professional doctors....blame the team for your injury...have your dad and agent demand more playing time...ask for a trade.
All at the age of 22. Real character player there. Forget about earning your opportunities.

Misdiagnosed by parent club for over a year.
Ridiculed by parent club's head coach.
Parents and agent protect son and player as parents and agents do.
Parent club loses massive face and is so obtuse they can't own it.
Player never-not once-complains and becomes NHL rookie of the month,and is considered a Calder short list candidate.
Parent club with egg on face and no shame dumps said player and then throws him under the boss for good measure,like bullies are known to do.
Fan boys without a clue and with no shame follow the leader and ad lib the nonsense ad infinitum.
Disgraceful act continues for the clueless.

#190 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Yea, I'm thinking that's the best combo. Not a good idea to have two rookies together.

Really? You think?

#191 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Schroeder is a bust.The sooner all you people realize that, the better. Anyone here slotting him in as the Canucks' second-line center is a joke. The kid has shown absolutely no capability to even maintain steady career in the AHL, let alone contribute in a second-line capacity on a team like the current Canucks franchise.

And to all those who subscribe to the theory that he hasn't put up more points with the Wolves simply because he hasn't been playing with greater wingers in the AHL, really take a moment to think about that statement. Of course Schroeder would produce more if he had more talented linemates. But the fact that he can't produce more than his extremely miniscule output with the wingers he is given demonstrates that he doesn't have the talent to rack up assists unless he's dishing the puck to incredibly talented forwards who can make his terrible plays work. The kid WILL NOT play the season with the Canucks.

#192 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Schroeder is a bust.The sooner all you people realize that, the better. Anyone here slotting him in as the Canucks' second-line center is a joke. The kid has shown absolutely no capability to even maintain steady career in the AHL, let alone contribute in a second-line capacity on a team like the current Canucks franchise.

And to all those who subscribe to the theory that he hasn't put up more points with the Wolves simply because he hasn't been playing with greater wingers in the AHL, really take a moment to think about that statement. Of course Schroeder would produce more if he had more talented linemates. But the fact that he can't produce more than his extremely miniscule output with the wingers he is given demonstrates that he doesn't have the talent to rack up assists unless he's dishing the puck to incredibly talented forwards who can make his terrible plays work. The kid WILL NOT play the season with the Canucks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems like you have definetly watched alot of Wolves game's and are not just basing this off looking at statsheets.

The basis for his call-up isn't about if he can be a PPG player, the team knows what he can do offensively, he has shown it in pre-season games, they wanted him to become better defensively and he has, he has earned a shot and will get it.

This kid is has too much skill, has worked too hard, is too fast and elusive, has bulked up way too much & been playing well enough not get a shot and not be in this league one day if this isn't his year.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 11 January 2013 - 01:27 AM.

zackass.png

#193 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

The kid will get his shot.
Whether it works out remains to be seen.

#194 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Player never-not once-complains and becomes NHL rookie of the month,and is considered a Calder short list candidate.
Parent club with egg on face and no shame dumps said player and then throws him under the boss for good measure,like bullies are known to do.
Fan boys without a clue and with no shame follow the leader and ad lib the nonsense ad infinitum.

:lol: Right...

Mr. Hodgson? Is that you?

Posted Image

#195 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,718 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

^Not a Canucks fan.

#196 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

POPULAR

funny part is, schroeder has the same amount of points as jayden schwartz, they are 125/126 in league scoring.

schroeder: 9g 10a 19points in 30games
schwartz: 9g 10a 19points in 33 games

schwartz is supposedly NHL ready and a 2nd line NHL player at 5'9 and schroeder with the same point totals at 5'8.5 is a bust?

funny how media perspective fuels peoples opinions with no basis of fact to back up their opinion. & for some even watching a player before writing them off.

is schroeder the next coming? no. but he will probably be a serviceable 2nd line player at some point. and he deserves at least a 5-6 game tryout at this point.

edit: the formatting screwed up i apologize.

Edited by stexx, 11 January 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#197 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

He's going to get a shot, it's not like we have anyone else to use. No point bickering about what's going to happen, we're going to see it. How brief it will be depends on Schroeder, he's not exactly tearing up the AHL but neither was Cody.

#198 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

He's going to get a shot, it's not like we have anyone else to use. No point bickering about what's going to happen, we're going to see it. How brief it will be depends on Schroeder, he's not exactly tearing up the AHL but neither was Cody.

Only difference is Cody is a god. He has a bottomless well of potential and skill to dip into whenever he chooses.

Subbancopy.jpg

#199 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Only difference is Cody is a god. He has a bottomless well of potential and skill to dip into whenever he chooses.

Not sure what you're getting at assuming this is sarcasm. Cody put up points that haven't been replaced by anyone else, the team was better with him in the line up. Nothing else really matters.

Edited by Kulikov, 11 January 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#200 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

funny part is, schroeder has the same amount of points as jayden schwartz, they are 125/126 in league scoring.

schwartz is supposedly NHL ready and a 2nd line NHL player at 5'9 and schroeder with the same point totals at 5'8.5 is a bust?

funny how media perspective fuels peoples opinions with no basis of fact to back up their opinion. & for some even watching a player before writing them off.

is schroeder the next coming? no. but he will probably be a serviceable 2nd line player at some point. and he deserves at least a 5-6 game tryout at this point.

Best post of the day.

zackass.png

#201 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Best post of the day.

thanks ::D , i find its a common thing for people to judge people before taking time to form their own opinion, or to take someone elses biased opinion as gospel.

(this is probably going to sound horrible) but as a teacher i find myself doing it all the time, either taking another teacher's opinion on a student or prejudging them the first week of class.

It always amusing me to see the amount of kids that prove me wrong and succeed at a high level. Or students that other teachers found unteachable that i thoroughly enjoy.

Edited by stexx, 11 January 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#202 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Schwartz is playing in his first year in the AHL, Schroeder is in his third.

#203 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

+1 just doesn't seem like enough
Posted Image

#204 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't believe they're very comparable players anyway. Schroeder is being groomed to be a defensive/2-way center. Is Schwartz not more expected to be offensive?

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#205 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

your right he is, however when one is considered an NHL player and one isnt then the age or years of play are really not relevant. Nugent Hopkins is a first year player in the AHL, does that mean schroeder should perform better than him at that level? (sort of an unfair comparison but you get where im coming from)

#206 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

thanks ::D , i find its a common thing for people to judge people before taking time to form their own opinion, or to take someone elses biased opinion as gospel.

(this is probably going to sound horrible) but as a teacher i find myself doing it all the time, either taking another teacher's opinion on a student or prejudging them the first week of class.

It always amusing me to see the amount of kids that prove me wrong and succeed at a high level. Or students that other teachers found unteachable that i thoroughly enjoy.

I agree, as you proved that type of thing can be applied to anything, Hockey, Teaching, exc.

I do like how this deal gives perspective, everyone would love to add a prospect like Schwartz but if they looked at the stats like they do with JS it probably doesn't look quite as bright.

Hopefully Schroeder gets his shot I think he could do something with it.

zackass.png

#207 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I don't believe they're very comparable players anyway. Schroeder is being groomed to be a defensive/2-way center. Is Schwartz not more expected to be offensive?

Yeah Schwartz is supposed to be more offensive, his style is kinda like Parise IMO he's more offensive but still a decent two way game. but not to his level obviously, and he won't be that good.

Schroeder is going to be in the NHL for his offense we just want him to get his defensive game on par since that is one of the things he was touted at having on draft day is a good defensive game but this guy is a dynamic offensive player and will be in the NHL for his offensive skill, the defensive part just adds more to the table.

zackass.png

#208 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I really hope Schroeder impresses and will play on the 2nd line because from what i have seen watching Chicago this season Ebbett is a career AHL player and has too many deficiencies in his game to play at the NHL level.

It's been said by many that the AHL is more sloppy in many ways and can be tough for some of the playmaking skilled players like Schroeder to succeed.

Imo playing with Booth and Higgins and some PP time i think Schroeder has a good chance to show his stuff and play until Kesler gets back.

#209 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Although I have a feeling Raymond is going to make his way into the top 6 somehow. Knowing AV it will probably be something like:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Schroeder Raymond

AV has confirmed these lines to start the season with Ebbett being the other option as 2nd line centre.
Posted Image

#210 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yeah Schwartz is supposed to be more offensive, his style is kinda like Parise IMO he's more offensive but still a decent two way game. but not to his level obviously, and he won't be that good.

Schroeder is going to be in the NHL for his offense we just want him to get his defensive game on par since that is one of the things he was touted at having on draft day is a good defensive game but this guy is a dynamic offensive player and will be in the NHL for his offensive skill, the defensive part just adds more to the table.

Yeah, I knew Schroeder had offensive skill, but there is no way his skill in the Ozone is good enough to get him minutes. AV needs him to be responsible and dependable and such. He's on the same timeline as Kesler.

AV has confirmed these lines to start the season with Ebbett being the other option as 2nd line centre.

Source?

Edited by WiDeN, 11 January 2013 - 07:06 PM.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.