The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks + Brian Burke = Stanley Cup

freebuddy

One, we already had Burke and we never made it out of the second round. Two, how do you know that Gillis didn't insist on Burke being canned before he signs off on the Luongo deal? That was my first thought, was Gillis on the phone with Tenenbaum or some big-shot: "I can do Luongo-for-Bozak+ but I won't do it unless Burkie gets canned."

Burke has always been a terrible GM.

The ONLY thing he successfully managed was somehow convincing the media to build up a completely fake mythos around him.

The guy deserves none of the accolades that have constantly been showered down on him!

Hartford: missed the playoffs. Fired.

Vancouver: missed the playoffs 4 of 7 years. Drama drama drama, goalie graveyard, early exits in the 3 years they did make the playoffs. Fired.

Anaheim: handed a winner. They won. Missed the playoffs the next year, tinkered, dismantled a potential dynasty, and the team has never been the same since. He broke a contract to switch teams!!

Toronto: landed in the center of the universe. Had the money and the showcase venue to land amazing talent. All he got was a one nut one way wonderboy, played favorites with a derisive, completely over rated coach, and was fired.

I hope this guy never gets another job at any level in the NHL.

Archived