The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Edler for Benn? Boucher for backup?

Lui's Knob

As much as I would love to trade for Benn, its just not going to happen. We have been successfully trolled into even thinking about this. Probably more junk rumors to come today. Good thing the trade gates open tomorrow to put this to rest. Ok, since I've been trolled... in terms of fair value...

Kesler for Benn or

Edler + Connauton + pick for Benn

Ya I guess Ballard and Grossman split time as 4D depending on who the competition is and what kind of lineup is needed.

I don't think there is a big point in worrying about Edler leaving, Dallas wouldn't trade Benn for a pending UFA anyways.

Grossman would be coming in a potential Luongo trade. Not Edler trade.

Dallas is going to do everything in their power to keep Benn, and it we're going to try and hold on to Edler. With Kesler out we're going to need more offense from the back end, and Edler is coming off his best offensive season. Losing both Salo and Edler without bringing in an adequate replacement D would be devastating to this team.

I don't believe this is a legit source but still fun to speculate. I think it would take elder and a first round pick to pry Benn from Dallas, having watched him with the rockets I would absolutely love to have him with the Sedin's. He will get even better, he is a gifted scorer and a hard working player, he also doesn't mind dropping the gloves if he has to, and will not allowed the Sedin's to be run and bullied. From what I know he was also a great teammate.

Archived