Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cromeslab

[Report] Jamie Benn not at Stars camp

138 posts in this topic

Great, let us trade one of our top d-men, our top prospect and a 1st round pick for someone who will play on the third line.

Benn would EASILY replace either Hansen or Higgins on the second line.

I wouldn't trade for Benn, considering Perry is going to be a UFA this summer and trade Luongo for D prospects.

In the summer trade Booth and Ballard, even though I like Ballard his cap hit is too high.

3way trade van dal phi

To dallas

Courtrier

2nd pick phi

Raymond

To phi

Luongo

To van

Benn

Not to mention Benn is horrendous at faceoffs, so why you would play him at center unless it was as a last resort is just baffling.

In reality, Benn would be on the 2nd line in that case, although Benn's a shoot first guy ... and Kesler's a shoot first guy ... and Booth is a shoot first guy ... Haven't we been down this road before?

Are you kidding me? Benn on the 3rd line? Do you know who he is? If he was on our team, he would be a 1st liner or at least a 2nd liner.

It's a good top six, but I wouldn't say contending top 6.

If I was Dallas, the only way Benn is leaving, is if I got a young top 6 forward and a top 2 dman back. Dallas has two 40 year olds playing in their top 6. So unless you want to give up Kesler and Edler for Benn, and a duster or pick. Then don't expect him to come here.

I don't think you can trade for a guy that isn't under contract. Dallas don't have a contract with him, hence he is not at training camp. Dallas will sign him if at all possible. If not , we could sign him and pay Dallas a host of draft picks depending on how much we pay. I think that is how it works. Would be nice to get him, but not realistic much.

I don't think you can trade for a guy that isn't under contract. Dallas don't have a contract with him, hence he is not at training camp. Dallas will sign him if at all possible. If not , we could sign him and pay Dallas a host of draft picks depending on how much we pay. I think that is how it works. Would be nice to get him, but not realistic much.

hmmm...

how about this instead..

To Philly:

Luongo + Raymond + draft pick(?)

To Vancouver:

Sean CourtierI

To Dallas:

Kesler

To Vancouver:

Jamie Benn

That would give us a tougher and younger Stanley Cup winning second line.

Booth - Benn - Courtrier

I wouldn't be against trading Kesler for Benn. As much as I like Kes, I think Benn would be better

Hansen would have to be part of package if you guys want Benn.

We would need to send back a good forward.

I want Benn so badly on this team..

EDLER FOR BENN!!!

I would love it if Gillis could some how pry Benn out of Dallas, but i dont think Nieuwendyk would

be willing to move him unless he recieves an offer he can't refuse.

I think Nieuwendyk would want Edler + Hansen in a deal for Benn, if he were to do a deal

with Vancouver.

I would love it if Gillis could some how pry Benn out of Dallas, but i dont think Nieuwendyk would

I think Nieuwendyk would want Edler + Hansen in a deal for Benn, if he were to do a deal

with Vancouver.

with Vancouver.

I'd do it.

if Raymond has a bounce back year he could probably replace Hansen