• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

NRA targets Obama’s kids in a scathing new ad

Sarah Muller, @digimuller

10:17 pm on 01/15/2013

http://tv.msnbc.com/...cathing-new-ad/

The National Rifle Association is getting personal. In a new web video the gun lobby calls President Obama an “elitist hypocrite” for using the Secret Service to protect his two children, Sasha, age 11, and Malia, age 14.

The ad, posted to the NRA’s Stand and Fight website, criticizes Obama for opposing the NRA’s proposal of increasing the number of armed guards in schools as a way to prevent shootings like the Sandy Hook massacre.

“Are the president’s kids more important than yours?” asks the voiceover on the ad. “Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school?” It continues, “Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but he’s just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security. Protection for their kids and gun-free zones for ours.”

The video does not show pictures of the president’s daughters, using instead images of outspoken gun control advocates such as New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Vice President Joe Biden.

The ad apparently served as a preemptive strike against President Obama, who plans to unveil his high anticipated proposals to reduce gun violence on Wednesday. Along with school security, mental health and the entertainment industry, the president is also expected to recommend universal background checks, a ban on high-capacity magazines and some sort of assault weapons ban.

Last week, Obama signed a bill to restore lifetime Secret Service protection for presidents elected after 1997, which includes himself and George W. Bush, and presidents in the future, along with their wives. The law gives children of former presidents protection until the age of 16.

George W. Bush signed a directive four days before he left office, authorizing the Secret Service to provide a period of extended protection for his daughters Jenna and Barbara. Bill Clinton had also authorized extended coverage for his daughter Chelsea when his term ended. The Secret Service asked that the period of additional protection be kept confidential.

Edited by dudeone, 16 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#2 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,724 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

POPULAR

oh hey look another gun thread

#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

NRA is crazy to think more guns will be the solution..........this will just more ugly and messy

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 Richard Parker

Richard Parker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Wasn't an 'attack' on Malia and Sasha, as much as it was a case of hyperbolic false equivalency from a group of ignoramii

Posted Image

"Physical bravery is an animal instinct; moral bravery is a much higher and truer courage"

CDCGML - Pittsburgh Penguins - Click Here

#5 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

NRA is crazy to think more guns will be the solution..........this will just more ugly and messy

What are you talking about the only solution to gun violence is more guns!!! If everyone got to walk around with assault rifles and had .50cals mounted on top of their SUVs people would be less likely to use their guns on other people. The trick is to arm everyone well enough to scare off the other well armed people!!!
Posted Image

#6 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,048 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hmm, don't you think the daughters of the president would be more of a target for an attack than the average kids?

God, these people really grasp at straws don't they.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#7 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,844 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hmm, don't you think the daughters of the president would be more of a target for an attack than the average kids?

God, these people really grasp at straws don't they.

Piccard is alternating between a blank stare and confounded head shaking...facepalm isn't enough anymore.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yes, because the millions of terrorists and criminals who would attempt to abduct members of the POTUSA's family are just as likely to take your kids as a consolation prize.
Posted Image

#9 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Inside the NRA's New Action Movie for Its Post-Newtown Saga

http://www.theatlant...ht-video/61092/

ALEXANDER ABAD-SANTOS 5:30 PM ET

The National Rifle Association came ready for battle on Wednesday — action-movie trailer and all. Because it's been an important day for guns in America: President Obama announced his executive actions on gun violence and urged Congress to push for gun control, which the NRA preempted with a new ad about Obama's children and responded to with a statement that Obama ignored children in general. But it's been a long road for the NRA since the Newtown shooting, and the country's most powerful lobbying group is not about to let America forget that. As part of its new "Stand and Fight" campaign, the NRA released a pretty ridiculous (but action-packed!) four-and-a-half-minute video late Wednesday afternoon.

And, well, it really is something. Let's take a look at how the NRA's latest push for putting armed guards in schools gets the superhero treatment — and who Obama (and David Gregory!) are very much the villains....

Yes, the theme music sounds like X-Men. And, yes, the graphics look like Iron Man. But there's some point here, right? Something about guns that are already in schools and how we're supposed to feel bad for the NRA? Maybe something like this:

Chapter 1: "Planet Bizarro," Wherein Everyone and Stephen Colbert Hate Wayne LaPierre

Lesson: Yes, the "call me crazy" narrative was created by Wayne LaPierre for a reason. The NRA is the victim now, and Steven Colbert is fanning the flames! With curse words!

Chapter 2: The Villains, Wherein David Gregory's Kids Get More Attention Than Sandy Hook

Lesson: And you thought this was just going to be an attack on Sasha and Malia!

Chapter 3: The Map, Wherein Guns Appear and Membership Ticks Like a Bomb!

Lesson: Guns are already in schools everywhere! Also: the NRA has 4.367 million members now! Count 'em!

But back to our pseudo-narrator: LaPierre's narrative the whole time has been that the only way to solve school shootings is to put more guns in schools. And, America, just look at yourself! Look how fast that map filled up! Listen to your media speak back to you! The bottom line, the NRA's production experts would have America believe, is that America already agrees with its narrator:

And maybe the tale of the tape is true — because the action-movie strategy may have been working, ever since LaPierre unveiled his good-guys-vs.-bad-guys strategy in December. A Pew research poll released on January 14 found that a majority of people favor more armed guards in schools. Of course, President Obama said today that if teachers wanted police in schools, so be it, because teachers want that anyway. And, of course, the poll drops off fast when you ask people about arming teachers, and look at it through party lines. Pew wrote:

By a two-to-one margin (64%-32%), most favor putting armed security guards and police in more schools. But when it comes to more teachers and school officials having guns, most are opposed (40% favor vs. 57% oppose). The latter option is particularly divisive across party lines: 56% of Republicans would like to see more teachers and school officials armed, compared with just 23% of Democrats.
That's more like, "Some of America agrees with Wayne." But that isn't as catchy.

#10 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,664 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

So the debt-encumbered US government is now responsible to pay armed guards to stand vigilantly in schools in case of crazed armed madmen?

Yeah, that's a lot more rational than changing gun laws. For example, there is NO FRICKIN' REASON why a person would need a military-style automatic weapon like the ones that guy bought at Walmart.

#11 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

People should realize how stupid the NRA is, regardless of their own personal stance on guns.
Posted Image

#12 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

So the debt-encumbered US government is now responsible to pay armed guards to stand vigilantly in schools in case of crazed armed madmen?

Yeah, that's a lot more rational than changing gun laws. For example, there is NO FRICKIN' REASON why a person would need a military-style automatic weapon like the ones that guy bought at Walmart.

But... but... I have to protect myself from a tyrannical government! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#13 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yeah because protecting the president of the USA and protecting the an average person should be treated the same. I'm sure the NRA have the exact same security concerns as the president zzzzzzz.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#14 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Who would need to bother following the NRA when people here do such a great job of it? :lol:

The NRA is not "targeting his kids" -- that kind of flat out lie is about as much journalistic integrity I'd expect from typical polarising media and their unnecessary dramatics. They know anything the NRA says will fire up their opposition, so I wonder why they need to add Jerry Springer spin to their story.

Clearly the NRA is criticising Obama about his policy of guards and firearms.

Edited by zaibatsu, 16 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#15 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

And using every slimy, low down, sleazy, dirty trick in the book to do it....including using his children. Great bunch of guys those NRA bunch...... really the sort of folk I'd want talking for me...... :rolleyes:

How the head of the NRA had the balls to sit on television and say that they didn't use/target the President's children is just un&^%$#*&!believable. Sorry dude, we all saw you, AND we've seen the ad. Liar.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 16 January 2013 - 07:31 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#16 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

lol, the NRA. How can anyone take them seriously. Their legitimacy, if they ever had any, is even less than it was before.

RIP LB RR PD

#17 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

lol, the NRA. How can anyone take them seriously. Their legitimacy, if they ever had any, is even less than it was before.

The NRA is simply following the playbook employed by Big Tobacco for decades - deny there is a problem, try to re-direct the debate and ignore the studies and statistics.

It worked until the matter was framed as a public health problem and federal research agencies entered the fray - much like is what is happening with this debate now.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#18 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Christie: NRA ad with Obama daughters ‘reprehensible’

By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 3 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...--politics.html

Blunt-speaking New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, thought to be eyeing a 2016 run for the Republican presidential nomination, blasted an NRA ad that mentions President Barack Obama's daughters as "reprehensible" and warned it "demeans" the powerful gun-rights group.

"To talk about the president’s children, or any public officer’s children, who have—not by their own choice, but by requirement—to have protection, and to use that somehow to try to make a political point is reprehensible," Christie said.

"The president doesn’t have a choice, and his children don’t have a choice, of whether they’re going to be protected or not," the governor said. "It’s awful to bring public figures' children into the political debate. They don’t deserve to be there."

He added that "for any of us who are public figures, you see that kind of ad, and you cringe, you cringe."

Christie's remarks are unlikely to endear him to those conservatives he already annoyed by praising Obama for the federal government's response to superstorm Sandy. But the NRA ad—which could either be about the Obama daughters' Secret Service protection or the armed guards at their posh D.C. private school—has drawn sharp criticisms for bringing the girls into a debate about gun violence. The NRA has said it's a legitimate criticism of Obama, who has expressed skepticism about the organization's call for armed guards in schools in the aftermath of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"They’ve got real issues to debate on this topic. Get to the real issues. Don’t be dragging people’s children into this, it’s wrong, and I think it demeans them and it makes them less of a valid, trusted source of information on the real issues," Christie said.

The governor made it clear that, if he decides to run in 2016, his kids won't have much of a say in the decision.

"My children had no choice, realistically, in what I decided to do with my career and what effect that’s had on their lives, in making them somewhat public figures, and making them subject to protection from the executive protection unit," he said. "My kids don’t have a choice about that.

"My children had no choice that I wanted to run for governor. I mean, I pretended that they did, I asked them what they thought. But in the end they had absolutely no choice in whether I ran for governor or not," he said, to chuckles from his audience.

"They knew that, by the way, when I was asking them, which is why they didn’t spend a whole lot of time answering," he quipped.

#19 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I've liked Chris Christie since all the Hurricane Sandy coverage.......now I like him even more for telling it exactly like it is.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 17 January 2013 - 07:52 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#20 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I've liked Chris Christie since all the Hurricane Sandy coverage.......now I like him even more for telling it exactly like it is.

Ditto .. he is positioning himself in the middle for now .. will be interesting to see how far right the wing-nuts can pull him before it is all over .. maybe he will run as a Dem .. :P

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#21 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

The wording of the article is quite misleading. Nobody's "targeting" anyone's kids, but Obama himself and the security arrangement he has going for himself and his family, compared to those of the average common people. (Yeah, I know the risks aren't the same, but the latter's isn't zero either.)

I've wondered myself, with the laws against castle doctrine, does 24 Sussex Drive have armed guards ready to shoot and kill intruders on sight?

#22 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

The wording of the article is quite misleading. Nobody's "targeting" anyone's kids, but Obama himself and the security arrangement he has going for himself and his family, compared to those of the average common people. (Yeah, I know the risks aren't the same, but the latter's isn't zero either.)

I've wondered myself, with the laws against castle doctrine, does 24 Sussex Drive have armed guards ready to shoot and kill intruders on sight?

Republican Governor Chris Christie seems to view it differently and says it is "reprehensible" for the National Rifle Association to run an ad bringing President Barack Obama's daughters into the gun-control debate as noted above.

The Prime Minster has a police security detail and since they are peace officers they have different rights and protections than an average citizen. Mind you the dopes that are RCMP officers first would have to actually appreciate that there is adangerous situation and that has proved problematical in the past.

There was an incident at 24 Sussex Drive when Chrétien was PM when a mentally unbalanced person, Andre Dallaire, climbed the fence at night, wandered about the grounds throwing stones and waving to the security cameras (supposedly monitored by the onsite security detail and then appeared at the bedroom with a knife scaring Aline Chretien who closed and locked the door before calling for RCMP security.

The RCMP security detail was criticized for its lack of action and four members were suspended.

Dallaire was found not criminally responsible and placed in the care of the Ontario Review Board.

There were no shackles, no heavily armed guards. Instead, the man accused of attempting to murder the Prime Minister of Canada strolled into the Ontario provincial courthouse in Ottawa during his trial last week after being dropped off by a staff member of the supervised group home where he lives. Adding to the surrealism of the proceedings, André Dallaire, a slim and bespectacled 34-year-old from Longueuil, Que., appeared anything but a cold-blooded assassin as he circulated among reporters during breaks, freely granting interviews. He no longer hears voices, he said. He was sorry for the events that occurred last Nov. 5, when he entered the grounds of 24 Sussex Drive and broke into the Prime Minister's residence armed with a three-inch-long knife. In the end, Justice Paul Bélanger concurred with the defence's argument that Dallaire, diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, had been delusional at the time of the break-in. The judge ruled that Dallaire was guilty of attempted murder, but that he could not be held criminally responsible for his actions - bringing to an end an all-too-strange episode in Canada's recent political history. Said one Ottawa lawyer: "This thing has been bizarre right from Day 1."

Few would disagree. At 2:10 a.m. on Nov. 5, Dallaire arrived at the fence surrounding 24 Sussex Drive - and spent 20 minutes throwing stones onto the grounds and waving at security cameras that, ostensibly, were being monitored by Jean Chrétien's RCMP security staff. He then climbed the fence and proceeded to the Chrétiens' residence, where he smashed a window and entered the house. Dallaire wandered around in the basement and on the ground floor for another half-hour before going upstairs. Outside the Chrétiens' bedroom, he was confronted by the Prime Minister's wife, Aline, who quickly retreated into the bedroom, locked the door and telephoned for help - while Chrétien himself brandished an Inuit stone sculpture in case Dallaire broke through the door. Dallaire, later described by Aline Chrétien as resembling the Tom Hanks character in the 1994 movie Forrest Gump, put down his knife and waited for the RCMP to arrive - which they did, fully seven minutes later.

Last week, Dallaire, whose case will now be assessed by Ontario's Criminal Code review board while he continues to live in a group home, expressed remorse for his actions, telling a throng of reporters that he wanted to say "sorry" to the Chrétiens. During the trial, Dallaire's lawyer, John Hale, did not challenge RCMP evidence that, after he was finally apprehended, Dallaire had said that he wanted to slit Chrétien's throat. But Hale argued that no such attempt had taken place - Dallaire, after all, had not entered the Chrétiens' bedroom. "The accused must go beyond preparation and attempt to commit the ultimate act," Hale said. Crown attorney Louise Dupont disagreed, telling Bélanger that Dallaire's "intention to kill was always present." And, she added, "at no time in the night did he change his intention."

That purpose, though, was clearly the product of a severely troubled mind. Defence witness Dominique Bourget, a psychiatrist at the Royal Ottawa Hospital, told the court that Dallaire was suffering from delusions last November, and that he heard voices telling him to kill Chrétien. Bourget said that the convenience store worker, diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic when he was 16, fancied himself to be a secret agent whose mission was to avenge the No side's victory in last October's Quebec referendum on independence. Bourget also said that Dallaire is no longer a threat to the public. After the events of last November, he received a 60-day psychiatric evaluation, overseen by Bourget, at the Royal Ottawa Hospital, and was subsequently released to an Ottawa-area group home in January after doctors testified that his condition had improved since he was put on medication. In addition, Dallaire's movements were not restricted, as long as he was accompanied by a group home staff member. He was escorted to and from the courthouse each day by a staff member.

That liberal approach, along with Bélanger's decision last week, worries some legal experts - among them Karen Stelick, a columnist for Canadian Lawyer magazine. Stelick is a fierce critic of last May's ruling in the Dorothy Joudrie case, in which the Calgary socialite was pronounced not guilty of shooting her husband because she was in a dissociative state due to alcoholism and emotional problems. The Dallaire case, Stelick says, falls into the same general category. "The more you allow excuses for this type of behavior, the more you will see it," says Stelick, who practises law in Belleville, Ont. "We are going to extremes to find people innocent." Others noted the stark contrast between Canada's handling of the Dallaire case and comparable incidents in the United States. During his 1982 trial, John Hinkley Jr., who tried to kill then-President Ronald Reagan, was ushered into court in chains and sat in the courtroom behind bulletproof glass, dressed in prison fatigues. In contrast, Dallaire, sporting a blue windbreaker, jeans and white sneakers, moved freely - and watched his trial from the gallery.

As for the RCMP, controversy continues to swirl around their handling of the events of Nov. 5. On videotapes from the 24 Sussex Drive security system, introduced by the Crown as evidence during last week's trial, Dallaire can be clearly seen strolling across the grounds - and waving to the cameras from time to time. But Chrétien's guards reacted only after Aline Chrétien called to report an intruder in the house - almost an hour after Dallaire climbed the fence. As if in a bad TV sitcom, the first officer arrived at the front door only to discover that he had forgotten his key. The shamefaced RCMP are still doing their best to handle the public relations disaster. "There are a number of perceptions out there," said Sgt. Mike Gaudet, an RCMP spokesman. "But nobody denies the obvious."

After an internal investigation of the incident, four officers were suspended. They returned to work in March. Officials have still not decided what to do about their supervisor, also suspended, and Gaudet says that none of the findings will be made public. As a result of the foul-up, new electronic detection devices and more security cameras have been installed at 24 Sussex Drive. But some observers say the new equipment addresses only part of the problem. "It's known among RCMP officers that the 24 Sussex job is one of the most boring - and until last fall the force did not dispatch its best people to carry out the job," says Reform party MP Jack Ramsay, himself a former RCMP constable. "It is a question of leadership. Training must improve, and the new equipment they've purchased must be kept up to date."

Dallaire's future is now in the hands of the Criminal Code review board. Within 45 days, the five-member board, which includes a judge and a psychiatrist, must hold a hearing on the matter. They can allow him to continue living in a group home, send him to a psychiatric hospital, or give him a conditional release. In the event of Dallaire's continued incarceration, his case will be reviewed once a year by the board to determine if he is fit to be released. "I am a new man," Dallaire told reporters last week. Regardless, he has given a fresh meaning to the old advertising slogan - only in Canada.

http://www.thecanadi...er-found-guilty

On February 15, 1996 Chretien took his own protection into his own hands (literally) in an incident that earned him the nickname the Shawinigan Strangler (courtesy of Reform Party Member of Parliament Deborah Grey). The manoeuvre employed by Chretien has been called the "Shawinigan Handshake" in which he placed the person in a choke hold on on anti-poverty protester Bill Clennett. Chrétien grabbed Clennett by the back of the neck and chin, forcing Clenett to the ground and breaking one of his teeth,

When asked about the use of physical force, the PM had this to say:

"I had to go, so if you are in my way, I am walking ... I don't know what happened. Something happened to someone who should not have been there."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvjfJ6bAi0U

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#23 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Republican Governor Chris Christie seems to view it differently and says it is "reprehensible" for the National Rifle Association to run an ad bringing President Barack Obama's daughters into the gun-control debate as noted above.

Then using the children in SH as fodder for gun control should be in the same light, but unsurprisingly, it's not.

#24 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

[/size]
Then using the children in SH as fodder for gun control should be in the same light, but unsurprisingly, it's not.

Nope, apples and oranges but continue with your NRA talking points.

#25 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

While I understand the need for presidential protection, I fail to see the need for protection for previous presidents.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#26 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Ditto .. he is positioning himself in the middle for now .. will be interesting to see how far right the wing-nuts can pull him before it is all over .. maybe he will run as a Dem .. :P

I hope not. I wish he can use the reason he obviously possesses to take control of a twisted party and make it a legit organization again. Either that or form his own party and keep the extremists from sacrificing their own people to decadent political idealogies.
Posted Image

#27 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Who would need to bother following the NRA when people here do such a great job of it? :lol:

The NRA is not "targeting his kids" -- that kind of flat out lie is about as much journalistic integrity I'd expect from typical polarising media and their unnecessary dramatics. They know anything the NRA says will fire up their opposition, so I wonder why they need to add Jerry Springer spin to their story.

Of course everyone is listening to what the NRA has to say, nobody does a better job of destroying their reputation. What a circus.

Their PR has been a disaster, but go ahead and try to convince yourself otherwise.

#28 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Nope, apples and oranges but continue with your NRA talking points.

Oh darn, the anti-gun lobby talking points guy says I use NRA talking points.

Carry on with the hypocrisy.

Of course everyone is listening to what the NRA has to say, nobody does a better job of destroying their reputation. What a circus.

Their PR has been a disaster, but go ahead and try to convince yourself otherwise.

The NRA dies if people stop listening to them, including the media and populace that believes caricaturing or insulting them is going to ruin their reputation, when in fact it's advertising for them. Notice how after shootings and after events like this when people start blathering about gun control, the NRA gets started after a short while, and once the issue is raised, a bunch more people start buying guns. I can only convey this though, it will fall upon deaf ears as people fall for Jerry Springer-like tricks thinking they're so smart.

Edited by zaibatsu, 18 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#29 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Oh darn, the anti-gun lobby talking points guy says I use NRA talking points.

Carry on with the hypocrisy.

Your problem is employing bizarre analogies and comparisons.

I am not anti-gun. I grew up with guns and was trained to use both long guns and handguns.

#30 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

The Knee Jerk Reaction from both sides is retarded. wow. It's a 3 ring circus.

Lefties and Righties all use children to push their agenda.

I don't own a gun but I want one now and if i had one I would'nt want the government to take it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.