Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I thought..
- Weise looked good
- Garrison looks like Johnny Canuck
- Raymond looks like he's doing a bit better
- Schroeder should get a shot on the 2nd line before Ebbett
- Schneider/Luongo look great
- Kassian's shootout move was awesome.. hoping to see more things from him
- Chris Tanev actually had multiple shots in the game, matching his total shots in the NHL overall (probably)
- Barker and Alberts tandem is the kryptonite to this team's Superman
Posted Image

#242 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

How did Dutch Gretzky look?

Vandy or Barker?

weise i thought looked big out there. put a lot of pressure on in his offensive zone, caused a turnover and got a shot off in the second period. small sample but he looked aggressive.

vandy was solid, can't wait to see him fired up though, then we'll see why he was singed.

barker looked slow, i'm not sure how much effort was there. physically he looked sort of slight to me. tall and skinny.

#243 Danucks

Danucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Went to the scrimmage and there was someone near my section who shouted "Raymond you suck". Like come on was it necessary, you're there to support the team not to heckle at them

#244 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,398 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Went to the scrimmage and there was someone near my section who shouted "Raymond you suck". Like come on was it necessary, you're there to support the team not to heckle at them

I actually think he looked good out there developing some chemistry with Kassian.

307mg00.jpg

#245 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

That's it? Sounds like Raymond had a better game/better reception from fans.
Posted Image

#246 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,377 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I bet Raymond heard it and went home and cried in front of the mirror later. Expect him to quit hockey tomorrow.

No but seriously, people like that are morons. Good thing hockey players have thick skin though. Raymond will prove him wrong.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#247 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I bet Raymond heard it and went home and cried in front of the mirror later. Expect him to quit hockey tomorrow.

No but seriously, people like that are morons. Good thing hockey players have thick skin though. Raymond will prove him wrong.

Hey Deniro was at work and missed the scrimmage. Read pretty much all the posts but wanted to get your opinion on how Kassian played.

#248 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

It was actually more fun than I thought it'd be going haha.

Both Luo and Schneids look pretty ready to start the season. I'm glad that I was witnessing some Sedin magic again for the first time in forever. Eddie's shot was looking really good as well and I thought Kassian was making some nice plays out there and looked really good. When he scored his S/O goal I was about to lose it, I didn't expect him to make such a nifty move haha, but it was awesome..

Now I am beyond excited for the season to start!

#249 Mr X

Mr X

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Haha Raymond is a millionaire hockey player, like he cares what some idiot going to a free scrimmage yells

#250 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Was good to read all the comments on the Wednesday scrimmage game (the positive ones of course)
Got tickets for the scrimmage game on Thursday and can't wait to see it.
Was able to catch also one practive on Tuesday morning and was impressed with quite a few players but Kassian, Lapierre, Raymond (yes i know he's never been my fav but he looked good) and Tanev stood out for me.

GO Canucks GO
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#251 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,377 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hey Deniro was at work and missed the scrimmage. Read pretty much all the posts but wanted to get your opinion on how Kassian played.

I thought he played decent. His passing was crisp and he was making some nice plays and opening up some space. Him and Raymond seemed to have a little bit of chemistry going too.

He was also pretty proficient at gaining the zone and either dropping it back to the D, or carrying it deep.

Plus his skating is noticeably better too. He had some back spasms the last few weeks with the Wolves which was slowing him down considerably. That didn't seem to be an issue tonight though.

All in all, he was good. Obviously he can bring more, but the thing about Kassian is, he's a bull. His game is at its best when he's bowling through players, not when he's playing this nice "don't want to hurt anyone" hockey.

He did show off his sick mittens in the shootout. Not a whole lot of goalies are stopping that.

I expect more from him tomorrow though.

Edited by DeNiro, 16 January 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#252 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

K Conn was the most noticeable rookie in my op.
Played great as a forward.

#253 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Anywhere to watch a replay of the Canucks scrimmage tonight? Can't seem to find it on Canucks.com.

#254 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I was wondering why kconn was being so offensively reckless for a D man..

Posted Image

#255 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Looking forward to seeing Schroeder between Kass and Raymond tomorrow, I think that will be a good line. I was actually disappointed that Ebbett scored those goals, he wasn't nearly as noticeable as Schroeder for the entire game until he pops up out of another dimension and puts a rebound in. His penalties were bad and Schroeder was working his tail off for the job, while Ebbett seems lazy and like he feels entitled to the position.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#256 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Just saw the highlights of the scrimmage.

Barely any ads on the boards are what stood out for me!

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#257 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

"I was actually disappointed that Ebbett scored those goals, he wasn't nearly as noticeable as Schroeder for the entire game until he pops up out of another dimension and puts a rebound in. His penalties were bad and Schroeder was working his tail off for the job, while Ebbett seems lazy and like he feels entitled to the position." Hansen 36

Hockey talent will not always stand out ,but is always noticed on the score sheet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.