The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Today's Waivers

Santorelli... interesting went from a .5 PPG to a 11 points/60 point player last two years.. From Vancouver. 27, right-handed shot who can play center.. Has been successful at pretty much every level except for last year. Not too tiny either (aka Sterling), he's 6'0/190, pretty average.

Wonder if he'd be a good depth player. Hmm..

Nick Johnson would be a decent pick-up. He was nick-named the "best waiver claim ever" and had a strong first half of the season. He is similar in a lot of ways to Jannick Hansen. Finished 7th on the Wild in scoring (6th in ESP). Played against fairly tough competition and started 42% of the time in the offensive zone.

"he grew quickly into a fan favorite, played hard nosed hockey, being responsible, and putting in a few points here and there."

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2012/4/15/2949624/minnesota-wild-2012-season-grades-nick-johnson

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2012/6/23/3113029/nhl-free-agency-2012-minnesota-wild-will-not-qualify-nick-johnson

I still think we should pick up Connolly and Santorelli, if we are comfortable using the Schroeder/Ebbett experiment.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Raymond - Connolly/Santorelli - Kassian

Higgins - Lappierre - Hansen

Pinnizzotto - Manny - Weise

And when Kes comes back imagine having this depth at center:

Henrik

Kesler

Connolly

Lappierre

Malhotra

Santorelli

Schroeder

Ebbett

Would be much better than we currently have, and the great thing about Connolly's terrible contract (Contradicting I know) is that it ends after this season, so we can just let him go either way.

Keith Aucoin had 22 points in 49 games combined in the last 4 years on random lines with the Caps. 5 years ago had 13 points/38 games for the Canes.

The guy was undrafted and is 5'9/187 pounds.

But he's always ripping apart the A no problems.... I always get curious what a guy like him would do with 82 straight games in the NHL with a decent goal scorer... it's always too risky, I understand, but the guy has put up 70+ assists in 65, 70 and 72 games in the AHL.. wish him the best.

Archived