The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

nuckin_futz

My sister and I go to a fair number of concerts.......and while neither of us smoke weed recreationally, when those in the stands light up, it's a standing joke to say "Breathe deep, it's medicinal" We've accepted that that is a part of the concert experience.......what I do have an issue with is the drunk throwing up in my rented-for-the-evening space. It's the joke in our family that the only one who can't hack people throwing up became a nurse, but she did and when people lose their stomach contents near me at a concert venue, it tends to cast a pall over the experience. The rest of the list.........while annoying....we've come to accept as part of going to a concert with thousands of other people.

That's a pretty good list, but I did say 'one of' and not just 'the worst'. I personally can't stand the smell of it. I did admit that I accept it as part of the concert experience. I just happen to find it annoying, which is what the original article was about.

1 & 6 - guilty

The Killers stopped their show as I politely warded off a drunk idiot falling all over my daughter and her friend.

And, many moons ago I took her to Avril Lavigne (my cousin was her bodyguard, never you mind). Same thing - drunk girls piggy backing us. Spilling vodka all over my daughter's back. Not pretty. Drunks at concerts, while amusing at times, need to respect the personal space rule.

Although, the flip side (the amusing part)....was at Pearl Jam by myself when a very inebriated young man decided to dance and sing right alongside of (and with) me. The snotty girls behind us just weren't enough fun, so he hopped over the seats and crammed himself in beside me. As he spilled booze all over me, stepped on my shoes, etc. he was so very hilariously polite about the whole deal that I just couldn't be upset over it. When Alive came on, the place went crazy and (lol) my new BFF hugged me and gave me an "I love you [man]". Awesome. Made the whole show 10X better. That's how you be a drunk at a show.

6. Pushing your way to the front.

If a concert is general admission, the people in front earned their spots. They got there early and laid claim to their space. The people all the way in front might have even spent all day camped out by the doors, so when the lights go off and you shove your way to the front, you're being a huge asshole. Don't do that. If you show up late and there's only room in the back, you've just gotta deal with it.

personal space rule? I have never heard of such a thing. If you are looking for a place to sit where no one will bother you try the upper bowl. Lower bowl and floor. Anything goes. I go to a lot of concerts. The rule is simple. If you are on the floor, It's jump when everyone around you jumps. If you need to go anywhere get your elbows up. If someone is injured get them to the front so they can be thrown over the fence to the security. Other than that, It's a free for all.

The most annoying concert behavior to me is when people next to you sing along with the song that's being played on stage, and just absolutely do not know the words. It is a peeve of mine for sure...If you don't know the song..it's probably not a good idea to soldier on, making up the words as you see fit, annoying the crap out of people sitting near you and making yourself look like an idiot.

i'v seeing and experienced most of whats on the list, and honestly i was never bothered by most. just apart of the experience. if you get that much people crammed in there like sardines, and you add alcohol, weed smoke, sweet, fat dudes, long hair, body odor, violent fellows, and drugs... poop can to get ugly. zero is the amount of f$%^s i give about someone checking their damn email, or communicating with one another. i suggest you just wait for it on DVD.

Never have anything to complain about when at a concert. Ever. Maybe people should do a better job of choosing who to see beforehand or decide not to go at all if they can't handle dealing with people (and subsequent habits) they may find annoying (certain bands/genres attract a certain crowd, do your research).

Number 6 only applies to concerts that don't involve crowd surfing, and really, why would anyone go to a concert that doesn't involve crowd surfing?

Archived