49 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

personal space rule? I have never heard of such a thing. If you are looking for a place to sit where no one will bother you try the upper bowl. Lower bowl and floor. Anything goes. I go to a lot of concerts. The rule is simple. If you are on the floor, It's jump when everyone around you jumps. If you need to go anywhere get your elbows up. If someone is injured get them to the front so they can be thrown over the fence to the security. Other than that, It's a free for all.

Indeed. Personal space rules are for seats, not for grass/floor standing areas.

#32 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

The most annoying concert behavior to me is when people next to you sing along with the song that's being played on stage, and just absolutely do not know the words. It is a peeve of mine for sure...If you don't know the song..it's probably not a good idea to soldier on, making up the words as you see fit, annoying the crap out of people sitting near you and making yourself look like an idiot.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#33 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm sorry I elaborated. :( It seems you now have to deal with nitpickers.

I'm not nitpicking, I was disagreeing with what their post said.
Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

I'm definitely guilty of 6, that's about it though.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#34 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I work at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre, and listen to me please: stop puking all over the place! Seriously, concerts are disgusting.

With the prices of beer how the hell do people get drunk to the point to puke? Geeze that friggen sucks.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#35 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

With the prices of beer how the hell do people get drunk to the point to puke? Geeze that friggen sucks.

obviously you're not a professional drinker lol

b/c alcohol is so expensive, they're chugging a mickey before the show

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#36 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,165 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

You've obviously never been to Loonie Toonie Dog 'N Brew Night.

Nothing beats walking into the can and seeing thrown up hot dog chunks in the urinal. :sick:

#37 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Beaten by embedding...

Edited by Green Building, 17 January 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#38 Nuckhead13

Nuckhead13

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

i'v seeing and experienced most of whats on the list, and honestly i was never bothered by most. just apart of the experience. if you get that much people crammed in there like sardines, and you add alcohol, weed smoke, sweet, fat dudes, long hair, body odor, violent fellows, and drugs... poop can to get ugly. zero is the amount of f$%^s i give about someone checking their damn email, or communicating with one another. i suggest you just wait for it on DVD.

Edited by Nuckhead13, 17 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Posted Image

#39 KittenMittons

KittenMittons

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I would like to add... Lighting up as soon as the lights go out

Just because you enjoy weed, doesn't mean I do. I've got no problem with people who enjoy that sort of thing, but do you have to do it in the middle of a packed concert?

See, I don't mind weed so much, but when I saw Metric a few months ago, this woman just lit up a cigarette next to me and I nearly threw a fit.

The most frustrating thing though was seeing Ed Sheeran and having to endure the high-pitched screeches of hormonal teenage girls during slow, acoustic songs about drug addicts and miscarriages. Seriously the guy is an amazing musician and it's a freakin' pity that the majority of his fans are between the ages of 14 and 18.

So yeah. If you scream during a slow song I will want to strangle you ::D

#40 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Never have anything to complain about when at a concert. Ever. Maybe people should do a better job of choosing who to see beforehand or decide not to go at all if they can't handle dealing with people (and subsequent habits) they may find annoying (certain bands/genres attract a certain crowd, do your research).

Number 6 only applies to concerts that don't involve crowd surfing, and really, why would anyone go to a concert that doesn't involve crowd surfing?
Posted Image

#41 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,067 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

People talking at concerts? Not the concerts I go to

#42 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

I have to agree with people who try to record their favorite songs being annoying.. when they are directly in front of you! I went to the Foo Fighters concert a while ago, and the guy in front of me was holding up his phone to record every... single... song. Mind you, the people in front of him weren't even standing, yet this boner felt the need to hold up his phone at full arms strength above his head (and in my line of sight.) A few times I went to snap a quick pic (we had great seats on the side so I could easily zoom in) and my shot would be ruined with a phone being in the way.

#43 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Whenever someone tells me to sit down, I say, I paid money for this seat so I can do whatever the hell I want. But I stand mostly because everyone else in front of me is standing up....... Unless it's a favourite song of mine, then I'll stand up

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#44 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

the list in the OP is tame...

what gets my goat are the drunk dipshets at the back who think pushing people into one another is a fun thing to do. whee! i'm drunk and i want the people at the front of the pit to be crushed!

and another vote here for cigarette smokers in indoor establishments. inconsiderate, crass and uncouth.
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#45 Hume

Hume

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

stadium shows are basically a crapty thing anyway.

rolling stone needs to get some new writers, it's gotta be the most boring music publication in the universe.

Edited by Hume, 18 January 2013 - 02:09 AM.

i've no idea what i am talking about! you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiinkin'.
(i'm trapped in this body and can't get out.) how come i end up where i started?.
REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE.

#46 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,067 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

People trying to start up a moshpits at concerts that aren't heavy.
People trying to mosh on a slow or acoustic song.

Example,
Moshing during Welcome to the Jungle = fine.
Moshing during Patience = what are you doing with your life?

#47 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,302 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

moshing in general, really

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#48 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,067 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

moshing in general, really

I can't think of any easier way to be cool

#49 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,302 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

roooooooofl

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

#50 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,302 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.