The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

The Canucks scored 8 goals in 7 games against the bruins.. are we still all forgetting that series?

Also we couldn't score at a high enough rate against the kings last year.

Our problem is scoring !!!!!

When we play another physical team like boston, or L.A the sedins will be shut down once again and then we'll have to count on our secondary scoring.

Gillis needs to get a top 9 forward in exchange for luongo

How exactly do you know that? Do you know who will be involved in the goalie trade? What if it's one of our goalies, Ballard and Tanev in the trade? Take one look at the Caps board and they all say the same thing: they need their defensemen to be more physical and their few bright spots are Carlson, Alzner, and Mike Green. Their backend chemistry sucks so bad right now, it ain't even funny! If we theoretically sent them a D pairing with good chemistry that plays the body and moves the puck well, we could probably get Carlson or Green included in the package we get back. It also solves the salary problem.

I don't think scoring is as big of an issue for us as you think remember that during the Boston Series we were missing Raymond and Samuelsson which was 2/3rds of our second line and since then Gillis has brought in Booth and Kassian giving us more offense and pushing Raymond out of the top 6.

The Kings series last year we were missing Daniel for the start and we played better once he came back but I don't think anybody was going to stop the kings last year.

We don't really have room for an other top 9 forward except maybe an upgrade at the 3C cause we will have top 9 guys on our 4th line once Booth is back

How exactly do you know that? Do you know who will be involved in the goalie trade? What if it's one of our goalies, Ballard and Tanev in the trade? Take one look at the Caps board and they all say the same thing: they need their defensemen to be more physical and their few bright spots are Carlson, Alzner, and Mike Green. Their backend chemistry sucks so bad right now, it ain't even funny! If we theoretically sent them a D pairing with good chemistry that plays the body and moves the puck well, we could probably get Carlson or Green included in the package we get back. It also solves the salary problem.

Are you kidding? Those are legitimate questions, particularly given your penchant for telling us who is and isn't available, and who is and is not interested in Luongo - not to mention that you skate around these boards hitting every proposal that moves Smashian - don't play victim here. McPhee pretty clearly said he can't afford the contract - has he changed his mind? According to you Alzner isn't available, but here you are including Carlson in proposals?

Are you kidding? Those are legitimate questions, particularly given your penchant for telling us who is and isn't available, and who is and is not interested in Luongo - not to mention that you skate around these boards hitting every proposal that moves Smashian - don't play victim here. McPhee pretty clearly said he can't afford the contract - has he changed his mind? According to you Alzner isn't available, but here you are including Carlson in proposals?

These proposals I have tossed back and forth with Smash were just hypotheticals. If we wanna talk about real possibilities of teams that Lu could maybe be traded to this season, the possibilities are as follows: Tampa. That's pretty much it. Only team in the east that only needs a goalie. They get a quality goalie and they are sprinting towards the cup! Other than that, there is no way he waves to go anywhere else until the off season.

It's not realism when you speak for GMs of other organizations.

I've called you on this before Smashian, and I don't know if you are doing it on purpose or not, but when you fail to qualify your opinions (which are frankly no better than anyone else's) which words like 'unlikely', 'probably' or 'improbable' then you come across as arrogant and rude.

All you wind up doing is shutting down other people without conversing with them. It's annoying and counterproductive to what, I believe, you are trying to accomplish.

Archived