The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Schneider to ST Louis makes a lot of sense,

St Louis has a lot of niece pieces that would serve as big upgrades. I am not sure that they have had it with their goaltending tho- I think they feel it deserves more of a chance.

I like Pietrangelo but he is their franchise player and I doubt they move him.

Backes has had some trouble with that team and management a little and Gillis offersheet him all those years ago so we know that Gillis likes him. Backes is 28 now and I am a bit surprised he is not more of a dominating force in the NHL- I thought he'd be better.

That being said, teams do not move their captain and best forward just because a team is struggling.

1st choice

-package for Pietrangelo

Schneider

2014 first

Booth

Cannauton

for

Pietrangelo

other pieces worth discussing

backes

oshie

steen

Rattie

Florida vs Tampa right now

Behind the benches, between the blue lines there appears to be about 20 fans...most expensive seats in the house are empty and their goalie is looking like a spaghetti strainer again (2 in the first ten mins).

If they can't understand the value of getting Lou back, I'm not sure whats going through their heads...

Oh by the way....for anyone still suggesting Schnieder will be moved

let me remind you

LOU ASKED TO BE TRADED AND HAS PUBLICLY STATED ON CBC AFTER HOURS HE IS WILLING TO GO WHERE EVER IS BEST FOR THE TEAM

I KNOW YOU ARE IN DENIAL BUT BED HAS BEEN MADE, HE WANTS OUT, TEAMS DON'T LIKE KEEPING PLAYERS THAT WANT OUT

IF YOU NEED A PRECEDENT OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE STUCK AROUND LONGER AND BEEN 'TEAM PLAYERS' WHILE A GOOD DEAL IS MADE PLEASE SEE RICK NASH

End the stupidity please.

let me remind you

LOU ASKED TO BE TRADED AND HAS PUBLICLY STATED ON CBC AFTER HOURS HE IS WILLING TO GO WHERE EVER IS BEST FOR THE TEAM

I KNOW YOU ARE IN DENIAL BUT BED HAS BEEN MADE, HE WANTS OUT, TEAMS DON'T LIKE KEEPING PLAYERS THAT WANT OUT

IF YOU NEED A PRECEDENT OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE STUCK AROUND LONGER AND BEEN 'TEAM PLAYERS' WHILE A GOOD DEAL IS MADE PLEASE SEE RICK NASH

let me remind you

The southeast division is amazing!!! Perhpas the worst collection of goaltending that has occured in the past decade

FLA vs TB another laugher as far as goaltending...Lindback and Theodore, both "number 1 goalies" are more than struggling, they are down right awful.

I like Luongo's battle level-lets not forget he has always been better than schneider at every age it is not really comparable.

I dont like seeing us struggling to score and having too many lefty Ds when we have schneider on the bench- he should have been traded a while ago.

schneider for Huberdeau

schneider, Raymond and 2014 first for Bjugstad, Mathias, 2013 1st.

Raymond would do well in the SE because no one plays D and the goaltenders suck

Schneider for John Carlsson

there are so many teams out there with poor goaltending...why is there no trade to be had??

Luongo is the goalie that will propably get traded.

The ONLY way I can see Schneider getting traded, is if we can get a player like, Perry or Getzlaf or Ryan or Backes. If it something that knocks Gillis off his feet.

These Schneider proposals you guys are putting together aren't even close and would never happen unless it's a blue chip player.

You're making it sound like the way it was with Pavel Bure back in the day. Bure wanted nothing to do with us anymore.

Luongo loves his teamates and loves the city. Luongo just wants to play and be a starter. If Luongo really wanted out of here, he would not play and sit out until he was traded.

Archived