The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I don't see starting Luongo again as anything normal at all.

My guess is either Schneider has a little bit of a groin pull (though they would probably say if he did to quell the controversy)... or a Luongo trade is fairly imminent and a partner wants to see him between the pipes a little more before pulling the trigger.

Of course, I was 100% wrong when I thought that Schneider would get the start after being bombarded after the first game. I thought they would get him back on the horse right away.

A third possible option is that Luongo is a little antsy with sitting around and is only willing to play ball and not demand a trade as long as he is getting decent ice time as well.

I find it laughable they Tallon won't part with a college player for an all star netminder who ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY IN FLORIDA- the guy is a joke. Luongo would instantly inject excitement into that franchise. Not to mention he would play his G D heart out for them. Tallon doesn't get it.

:lol: :picard:

No actually Mullet your wrong. His logic is pure gold.

Infact by his logic, Schneider would have won the starters job long before the playoffs.

Remember when Schneids started like 5 games in a row last year? I guess Schneider has been the starter ever since :bigblush:

Tallon signed Campbell to a $7.1m contract

Tallon signed a man who's never hit 30 points Bergenheim to a $2.75m/y contract for 4 years

Tallon signed a man with 37 career goals Kopecky to a $3m/y contract for 4 years

Tallon signed a man who hit 34 points ONCE Upshall to a $3m/y contract to a $3.5m/y contract for 4 years

Yeah I dont think Tallon thinks the same way the rest of the hockey world does.

If it's Florida and say that Tallon wants to wait until they are healthier to gauge where they're at, what if they're completely out of it by then and in a position to draft #1 overall?

Would Seth Jones make Gudbranson slightly more available (even more so since there have already been reports that relationship was strained early on and the suspension might only have exacerbated things)?

Where did he say this? Link?

If you look at the way they are struggling it is easy to tell the goaltending they are getting won't cut it. And they aren't going to go after another unproven guy like Bishop or Bernier, they have that in Holtby and Neuvirth. They will want a veteran guy? Who else is out there that is at Lu's caliber?

If Washington continues to falter like this, you have to think they are in, wouldn't surprise me if they have started poking around already.

If it's Florida and say that Tallon wants to wait until they are healthier to gauge where they're at, what if they're completely out of it by then and in a position to draft #1 overall?

Would Seth Jones make Gudbranson slightly more available (even more so since there have already been reports that relationship was strained early on and the suspension might only have exacerbated things)?

Tallon signed Campbell to a $7.1m contract

Tallon signed a man who's never hit 30 points Bergenheim to a $2.75m/y contract for 4 years

Tallon signed a man with 37 career goals Kopecky to a $3m/y contract for 4 years

Tallon signed a man who hit 34 points ONCE Upshall to a $3m/y contract to a $3.5m/y contract for 4 years

Yeah I dont think Tallon thinks the same way the rest of the hockey world does.

It's prob a new league ruling from the Commish-DON'T give Gillis too much in ANY deal. This league only wants to promote major US markets. Media writes about our guys as if they're bloody serial killers(see yesterday's hatred from Doughty, Kopitar article). HQ's prob view Cdn markets as a freekin' farm-system(hey, Cdn's will still sell out a last place-finisher)..This partly explains why Gainey & Burke gave such favourable deals to NY/Bos.

Perceive it as you wish, but it seems this collection(BOG, Buttman, Campbell) behave like mafia bosses in a Vegas hotel.

Good luck MG! Stick to your guns.

i was wondering the same thing, it seems ridiculous that a 22year old that has never played an NHL game has the same freedom that would take another player 8years of service to get. At the least the team should get some compensation if the player walks like they do if a 1st round pick goes unsigned. ( i assume bjustad would qualify for this) but schultz as a 2nd rounder did not.

Archived