The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My Apology to Zack Kassian.

MashedBananas

Guest Gumballthechewy

Maybe next time don't make your mind up on a rookie before he's had a real shot to establish himself.. Let that be a lesson to 90% of CDC and canuck fans...

One of the first things Gillis said was that his development was at least one year behind Hodgson's.

I'm thinking we got's ourselves a new "Bert" and after the crap we've taken from the Bruins I'd rather have Zack over Cody!

You might want to thank those "twins" as well as they've been part of his developmentl, probably why AV wants him playing with them for now. You can always put Burrows back with the twins but how 'bout Kesler with Kassian on his wing!!! Beast mode times 2.

Two games is a small sample, but we have a lot more information on Kassian than that. He is still young but is on a very good trajectory. He played a lot of AHL games this year and did well. And obviously he has the size, toughness and basic skills to be one of the rare genuine "power forwards" in the league if he simply continues his current development path.

There are no guarantees, but I would say that the chances of him being a solid top 6 forward two years from now are at least 75%. And the chances that he will be a solid top 6 forward this year are probably at least 50%. This year could be his breakout year. (He is the same age this year as Hodgson was last year.)

Archived