#31 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

3 games doesn't really prove anything.
If he can sustain it and have a good season, then we're talking.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

WTF DOES ALMOST EVERYONE THAT TALKS ABOUT KASS HAVE TO MENTION CODY? THE DEAL IS HISTORY, FOCUS ON WHAT WE HAVE. STOP COMPARING THE TWO.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#33 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

One of the first things Gillis said was that his development was at least one year behind Hodgson's.
I'm thinking we got's ourselves a new "Bert" and after the crap we've taken from the Bruins I'd rather have Zack over Cody!
You might want to thank those "twins" as well as they've been part of his developmentl, probably why AV wants him playing with them for now. You can always put Burrows back with the twins but how 'bout Kesler with Kassian on his wing!!! Beast mode times 2.

#34 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Kassian has what it takes to be a top ten power forward by next year .. keep yer heads up, boys ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#35 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

WTF DOES ALMOST EVERYONE THAT TALKS ABOUT KASS HAVE TO MENTION CODY? THE DEAL IS HISTORY, FOCUS ON WHAT WE HAVE. STOP COMPARING THE TWO.

Because, they'll forever be the benchmark for each other to evaluate who wins the trade.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#36 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#37 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,924 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

I want to see an apology from King of the ES:

http://forum.canucks...g-zack-kassian/

Darn you're Not King of ES

I'm waiting for King of the ES to make this statement now.

Speaking of the troll, where is he? Like I said a 20 pt season and the way he keeps playing that's all I am asking from him.

Another victory in the book.

Apparently (from his own post in his profile page) he's back from his ban tomorrow - or today, now that it's past midnight.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#38 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

In a way it kinda sucks he has been banned.

Would love to whipe it in his face right about now.

perhaps his ban is over and he is just avoiding CDC so he doesn't have to admit he is wrong. If Kassian gets demoted he will be right back here bashing Kassian again just watch.

Glad to see you owning up to your mistake of prematurely judging OP, knew he could bring this all along, glad to see other people are starting to see it aswell.

zackass.png

#39 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Two games is a small sample, but we have a lot more information on Kassian than that. He is still young but is on a very good trajectory. He played a lot of AHL games this year and did well. And obviously he has the size, toughness and basic skills to be one of the rare genuine "power forwards" in the league if he simply continues his current development path.

There are no guarantees, but I would say that the chances of him being a solid top 6 forward two years from now are at least 75%. And the chances that he will be a solid top 6 forward this year are probably at least 50%. This year could be his breakout year. (He is the same age this year as Hodgson was last year.)

#40 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

hahaha funny canucks fans he played calgary got a goal

ahahahaha typical canucks fan judging a player by 1 game give him a season atleast and especially playoffs

#41 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Props for manning up and admitting you were wrong. I liked the kid ever since his first game here where he ran around hitting everyone. Love his enthusiasm for the game and it's starting to rub off on the rest of the team; I even saw Raymond finish a check!

Here's hoping you dont start ripping on him again once he has a slump.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#42 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

ahahahaha typical canucks fan judging a player by 1 game give him a season atleast and especially playoffs

I supposed also scoring against Edmonton or concussing a heavy weight in Eager didn't factor into any of these praises?

I've watched him all year with the Wolves, where he was consistently on the top line, where he threw monster hits, fought and scored. His inconsistency only came after being benched by Arniel for a game (still a mystery as to why) or following his suspension - when it took some time to get going.

He's legit, he's also a perfect fit for the Sedins so that no Keith or Eager BS gets pulled on them.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#43 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Eh, I dunno man. You were quick to judge Kassian given a power forward's long development time on average... and now you're quick to praise him after a couple good games. I'd recommend, as an experienced hockey fan, that you sit back and let a season or two's perspective shape your opinions.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 24 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#44 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

bandwagoner

A bandwagoner who has 4 years and 1000 posts over you....

Posted Image

#45 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

POPULAR

So....... I'm going to be perfectly blunt and say I've done a lot of Kassian bashing. I've called him useless, downright terrible, and made fun of him on NHL 13 so many times for being so bad. Well, I would just like to say I'm sorry Zack. You've just proved me wrong. 2 goals in 3 games, one of the best shootout goals I've ever seen, and damn you've looked to freaking awesome in every game! So, from the bottom of my heart, I apologize to you. You are pretty freaking awesome! I'm even becoming a fan of you! Keep it up buddy, put Cody to shame! :)

what is with this forum? from the psychotic geriatric community in Off Topic to the people in Canucks Talk who seem to have panic attacks over hockey signings, I'm totally confused as to how many CDC'ers function in the real world.

the people i talk to in real life don't have these vitriolic opinions, but you come on here and you've got people like this (quoted above), literally dogging a kid's career and ability as 'worthless' despite the fact they've barely seen him play, and know nothing of his personality or drive or talent. yet this joker has probably spent countless hours arguing or making points about something he probably knows nothing about. tell me, what kind of person does that?

and just to confirm what everyone would have already suspected, he comes here with the polar opposite opinion, masquerading his ignorance as blinding optimism, as opposed to his previous toxic cynicism.

'sorry guys, i know i spent 1,000 posts here talking trash about a 20 year old kid i saw play for 20 minutes, but now after seeing him play two more games, i realize he's amazing and will bring the cup home! maybe if he's lucky, i'll even be a fan of his!'

give me a break.
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#46 BURE ERA

BURE ERA

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

COHO is that u?

#47 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

No, he's had three strong games in a row. Why wouldn't we be excited for a young player showing some great potential?
:towel:

#48 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

No, he's had three strong games in a row. Why wouldn't we be excited for a young player showing some great potential?

Aaron Rome had 4 goals in the first 10 games of last year too.

Just sayin'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#49 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Aaron Rome had 4 goals in the first 10 games of last year too.

Just sayin'

It's not the goals that's impressing me about Kassian. He's been dominating along the boards protecting the puck, buying time for the twins to get where they need to be. He's been throwing his weight around, driving the net HARD, and dropping the mitts when called for. He'll have his off nights, but he has the potential to be a special player.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#50 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

Why on earth would I apologize for a reasonable thread like that? The guy had an unremarkable stint on Chicago in the AHL. My concern was with his declining production relative to his time on the Americans, which is reasonable, no?

And look, he's had a couple of very good games, but let's not get too excited. I'll remind you that Steve Bernier looked awfully good, as well, in his first few games with us back in '08. Zack needs to keep it up, but, yes, he has looked excellent these last two games.

Absolutely no need to apologize, on my part.

#51 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Why on earth would I apologize for a reasonable thread like that? The guy had an unremarkable stint on Chicago in the AHL. My concern was with his declining production relative to his time on the Americans, which is reasonable, no?

I'm sure the increased level of competition due to the lockout had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Kassian obviously has a far better set of hands than Bernier ever had. If you can't see that from the shootout goal this year and his breakaway last year, I can't help you; go see an optometrist for a checkup.

Edited by Number14, 24 January 2013 - 05:20 AM.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#52 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

CDC I'd so funny. You all come with pitchforks asking for King to be banned then you're all looking for him when he's missing.

Why don't you just come clean and admit that you do enjoy his opposite views. You're all entertained whether you read or respond.

Now that he showed up, why don't you climax by dissing him again. It's quite boring without him right?

Edited by Mr. Reputable, 24 January 2013 - 08:32 AM.

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#53 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

CDC I'd so funny. You all come with pitchforks asking for King to be banned then you're all looking for him when he's missing.

Why don't you just come clean and admit that you do enjoy his opposite views. You're all entertained whether you read or respond.

Now that he showed up, why don't you climax by dissing him again. It's quite boring without him right?

At least King is entertaining, you should quit trying to be his muse it aint working.

#54 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Mike Gillis looks like a genius for doing the Hodgson - Kassian trade now

It's looking pretty even right now actually.

Hodgson-2gp 2g top line minutes as a centre

Kassian-3gp 2g top line minutes with toughness and grit. Fought Ben Eager.

But who cares, both players will be great.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#55 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,656 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Not a bandwagoner, he's just let me down in NHL 13 too many times. That and he was brutal last year. :P

Obviously you suck at the game and play too much on the perimiter. Learn to use him as an asset and ball up you panzy! :)

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#56 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

file:///C:/Users/patrick.donaghy/Downloads/Sasquatch_sketch1.jpg

KASSQUATCH EATS APOLOGIES FOR BREAKFAST!

Posted Image

Edited by 5minutesinthebox, 24 January 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#57 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

good for saying sorry but now u learn not to be bandwagoner :)

#58 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

I don't think I hate kassian i just loved coho a lot, but realistically guy is a year younger than cody so I don't expect much from him hes still a really young player

I was glad that CH had an impact in Van, but I can't say I liked him much.......no personality whatsoever. I think Kass brings much needed youthful energy and enthusiasm that has been missing. Watching the older guys around Kassian is a treat, something we didn't see with CH.

Edited by stawns, 24 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#59 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I was glad that CH had an impact in Van, but I can't say I liked him much.......no personality whatsoever. I think Kass brings much needed youthful energy and enthusiasm that has been missing. Watching the older guys around Kassian is a treat, something we didn't see with CH.

kassians a physical version of coho

#60 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

A bandwagoner who has 4 years and 1000 posts over you....

So the definition of bandwagoner is someone without much of a life is what youre saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.