Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nitwitt

Stuart's hit on Landeskog

38 posts in this topic

Classic hit to the head. He should get 3 games at least. Also, I'd hate to be Marleau or Couture next time the Av's play the Sharks, "somebody's gonna get hurt real bad, I don't know who?"

Classic hit to the head. He should get 3 games at least. Also, I'd hate to be Marleau or Couture next time the Av's play the Sharks, "somebody's gonna get hurt real bad, I don't know who?"

To me, a north-south hit like that with the elbow tucked is clean. But I don't know anymore, rules seem very inconsistent. Maybe I'm not with the times.

Definitely catches the head, but I still like that hit.

Clean hit, too bad for Landeskog his head was in the way.

I never liked the whole head shot rule and a player should know to keep his head up. But by NHL Standards and how they have dished out suspensions for these kinds of plays, Stuart should be getting a suspension.

"I thought it was a hard hit," said Landeskog, acknowledging he had not looked at a replay yet. "I think it was a clean hit or felt like a clean hit, no elbow but it was hard, I'll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn't brace myself enough and stepped up. That's the way with hockey, you give some and you take some and tonight I took a pretty big one.

"I thought it was a hard hit," said Landeskog, acknowledging he had not looked at a replay yet. "I think it was a clean hit or felt like a clean hit, no elbow but it was hard, I'll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn't brace myself enough and stepped up. That's the way with hockey, you give some and you take some and tonight I took a pretty big one.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Landeskog is one of my favourite players, but he got absolutely lit up by a perfectly legal check here.

Elbow tucked in, never leaves feet, follows through. I love Landy as well but good hit.

Edit: The only thing i could maybe see is a charging penalty as he lines it up and doesnt play puck.

From what I remember about when I saw it, It seemed borderline, but I'd still say clean enough.

Great hit, perfectly clean. Landycakes was reaching. Elbow tucked in, shoulder in, followed through. If hits like these become illegal, I don't know what to say.

Elbow tucked in, never leaves feet, follows through. I love Landy as well but good hit.

Edit: The only thing i could maybe see is a charging penalty as he lines it up and doesnt play puck.

Great hit, perfectly clean. Landycakes was reaching. Elbow tucked in, shoulder in, followed through. If hits like these become illegal, I don't know what to say.

Not sure you know what a charging penalty is.....

Maybe he is basing it off of the charging penalty Bieksa got last night! In which case I am not sure the refs even know what a charging penalty is.

clean or not... can't wait to see the rematch... gonna be nasty..