The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

The amount of time Booth spent on this team, and never developed ANY chemistry with Kesler is an embarrassment.

You make it sound like they've had a couple of years to figure it out.

Truth is, Booth's first game in Vancouver was October 25th (which was Kesler's 4th game played after returning from his injury). Just when Booth and Kes started looking like they were gelling (DB had 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 games), then Booth was hurt December 6th.

Then Booth came back Jan. 15th, and him and Kesler looked fairly solid again for a month (12 games: DB - 6G, 4A; RK - 6G, 3A)...but for whatever reason, they both completely dried up. So I look at it more as a late-season dry spell, rather than some sort of permanent incompatibility.

That said, I think a playmaking winger (Tanguay?) would compliment those two greatly.

I say that Garrison's inability to acclimatize is a result of him not keeping his game simple. Yea, six games in, sure, whatever. My point is that this is a trend we have seen from that VERY list of players I "compared" him to. The problem with your comprehension of my point here is that you fail to see WHAT I was comparing. The only comparison I actually made was that Garrison was a newly acquired player, just like the above players. That is it.

I was saying that Garrison, among others, aren't fitting with the system. Sure, perhaps I'm jumping the gun here, but that is a result of a common trend I am seeing, so my judgement is well placed.

The point I was making is that this is a result of a "system" (and by that, I mean coach V) that is not flexible, even though the [actual] system this team plays, as well as the team itself, is VERY flexible. There is NO reason for these players to take so long to show chemistry.

The amount of time Booth spent on this team, and never developed ANY chemistry with Kesler is an embarrassment. Whether the problem here is the "system", the system, or the failure for coach V to simple NOT play them together... it all falls on AV's shoulders.

To conclude, I have every right to be worried about Garrison. And no, I'm not blaming Garrison (unless it turns out to be a JBo situation... which I kinda doubt)

And before you respond to another one of my posts, READ IT FIRST. Don't jump to your prepubescent conclusions after reading the first sentence of my posts anymore.

My comprehension is not the problem the way you tried to explain your point is. I agree that Kesler and Booth should not play together and only AV knows why he keeps pushing the issue. Booth situation and Garrisons situation are not comparable except the fact they come from Florida. Perpudescent :lol: and you're the one writting insults.

Worry about a player after 6 games :lol: you must have been pulling your hair out , with the start the twins had when they first came into the NHL.

Question: When Garrison played with Campbell, wasn't he the Right sided D? Now that he's with Edler, he's gone to the left sided D, even though Edler is best on the left side?

He only played right side on the Power Play I'm pretty sure.

It seems like everyone we get from Florida doesn't play well with our team, except Luongo.

Ballard is finally picking it up, let's hope it doesn't take a few seasons for Booth and Garrison to start playing to their potential also.

My comprehension is not the problem the way you tried to explain your point is. I agree that Kesler and Booth should not play together and only AV knows why he keeps pushing the issue. Booth situation and Garrisons situation are not comparable except the fact they come from Florida. Perpudescent :lol: and you're the one writting insults.

Worry about a player after 6 games :lol: you must have been pulling your hair out , with the start the twins had when they first came into the NHL.

Aside from your english skills reinforcing my quarrel with your comprehensive abilities, you're still failing to grasp the point I'm trying to make. You also (not sure if intentionally,,,,) misinterpret things I say. I didn't say "Garrison is a flop". I said he's been playing like one. THEN, I carried on to attribute his play to his acclimatization, which has been a pressing issue. This system is very simple and flexible. Why are these players not fitting in? Because the coach isn't fitting them in. High profile acquisitions aren't something to play around with; it is the coach's job to do everything necessary to utilize that player in the way that is best for the TEAM, NOT the coach's ego.

This is why I say I WORRY about Garrison's start, as I should. I am NOT saying he has no potential here. I am not hitting the panic button on Garrison. I'm saying I hope he doesn't follow an unfortunate trend that is the direct result of a coaching issue.

And quit arguing for argument's sake. I have my RIGHT to worry. I'm not in a state of panic, because why should I be? They're a sports team...

To be clear, and to summarize my WHILE POINT, I point the finger at the coaches, not the players, because it is a trend with a vast majority of new players entering the line-up.

And for the record, I've always liked the Sedins. I've always like Kesler (until his recent diving), and I've always liked Burrows. I don't just look at numbers like the ignorant masses do.

That is something being overlooked. What was his injury?

groin I think

Groin it is.

Interestingly enough, Bally arrived here with groin problems, and it kept him in and out of the line-up for stretches.

Media and fans seem to be slow in picking up clues that a player is playing hurt (ill pat myself on the back for calling Kesler as injured for most of last season, whereas media were more content with slow roasting him.) The best players play within their means when they play injured, some valiantly try to play their style when hurt and never consider tailoring themselves for their shortcomings until they are 100%.

If this is the case with Garrison, i hope he will just keep it simple. Dampen the pinching, and pay attention to positioning.

Edler and Bieksa have been struggling just as much.

Hammer and the 3rd pairing have been great though.

That's interesting. I thought Bieksa played really well last night and that Hammer has been looking sloppy since the 1st game. Edler we both agree on.

Archived