The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Interview

Erik Karlsson

He is upset. If you have any training in HR you would see by his body language and how he said what he said that he's P'd. He is a good soldier and saying the right things but he is not okay with the situation.

I agree he is incredibly mature and relatively calm, all things considered, but this is not what he signed on for and is not tenable in the long run.

None of us know what is going on in the dressing room but Linden - who has been in that room - was clear that it is a distraction for the other players and needs to be resolved. AV can't have his cake and eat it too. One of these guys has to go. Cory sees that and is likely regretting he didin't test RFA last summer.

True but...Schneider is younger and we shouldn't let him go.

Only option that makes sense is to trade Luongo.

But as you said, the market is better for Schneider - which mean we fans have to expect that we won't get as much for Luongo (and I'm assuming MG knows that).

Why should Schneider be pissed off?

Luongo has handled this situation with poise and professionalism, now Schneider should be able to do the same. They're in the identical situation - long contracts, big bucks and an expected #1 job. Whoever handles it better deserves the position IMO, and if Schneider is going to be a little baby bitch boy like Cody Hodgson than he can leave.

Luongo is putting this team ahead of himself, if Schneider doesn't do the same he can get out. MG needs to treat the loyal players with loyalty, and Schneider has never sounded as fond of the Canucks team as Luongo has in his interviews - he just seems to want to be a starter somewhere.

I do not believe they play head games with the team, they play head games with the media. They aren`t going to be completely honest with us, of course not. No GM should be. What they tell the world what they tell the players could be completely different, we have no idea.

I just listened to the interview, and no wonder he's pissed off. Whoever that woman was that was interviewing him should be fired. That was 4-5 minutes of attempting to bait Schneider into saying whatever they want him to say. What a horrible interview. This media in Vancouver fires the same few questions, worded 100 different ways, day after day on the poor guy. I wouldn't even call them questions, more like "Man, you should be the starter. Luongo getting the start should piss you off and make you hate this team and Luongo, you should probably ask for a trade. Correct?" That's not a freaking question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, you guys are ridiculous. I been listening to sports radio and reading the sports news all day and couldn't find anything about Schnieder being angry in the interview. You guys are ridiculous, making up stuff just to criticize someone.

Archived