106 replies to this topic

#91 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

You don't think I know that? My first post calls him out for mocking the bandwagon fans:

I guess I could expand it to include the people who are negative all the time as well, but when has a thread that is negative about a specific group of people who post in CDC ever been ok? The OP knows that, and I called him out for doing it, not for actually thinking this threads was to create a whipping boy (although I certainly allowed for the possibility).

You did need to expand.
Your first post gave no indication that you understood the sarcasm of the OP.

I am tired of the trolling around here about our players so I salute what the OP has done.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#92 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,121 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Kinda looks like elvis15 is the whipping boy of the moment.........and like most 'whipping boys', it is quite undeserved.

Thanks for that, appreciate any support to remind myself I'm not completely being obtuse about this.

You did need to expand.
Your first post gave no indication that you understood the sarcasm of the OP.

I am tired of the trolling around here about our players so I salute what the OP has done.

Then I apologize if I wasn't clear enough.

I guess it's all just a bit tiring; both the annoying threads from people you and oldnews (and I) are against, but also the ones where people reply by creating a new thread thinking it will change anything (particularly if they're a mocking thread versus at least trying to be helpful).

It'd be much easier to brush off if it wasn't someone who should know better and I'd think would at least try to avoid falling into the same low level as those he's mocking.

Edited by elvis15, 03 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#93 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'm surprised Luongo isn't the whipping boy yet... since he hasn't scored any goals.

I'm sure he will be once he Let's in a bad goal though and everyone will be calling for his head

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#94 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Then I apologize if I wasn't clear enough.

I guess it's all just a bit tiring; both the annoying threads from people you and oldnews (and I) are against, but also the ones where people reply by creating a new thread thinking it will change anything (particularly if they're a mocking thread versus at least trying to be helpful).

It'd be much easier to brush off if it wasn't someone who should know better and I'd think would at least try to avoid falling into the same low level as those he's mocking.

No worries :)

We have both been here long enough to know that their will always be a whipping boy or boys.

I don't see any harm in poking fun at the jerks out there.

Just adding levity to the brevity as I recently heard a friend say.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#95 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

You've made yourself clear elvis.
You're above the trolling. You're above the sarcasm in response to the trolling. You're above my point that there aren't any appropriate whipping boys or that the impulse to always find one is tedious.
You're above this thread... and many, many others... where you nevertheless descend into the mere dust of the arena to show us how above them you are, and that we should all be like you, and behave here as you see fit.

Honestly, the amount of energy you expend attempting to control and appropriate threads endlessly makes me wonder whether you in fact find it tiring and tedious. Another paradox perhaps. Is there another issue entirely? You appear to be exercising some kind of proprietary delusion. You've clearly developed an axe to grind where I am concerned because I have called your obsessive judgement, as you've called my sarcasm. You enter so many threads to ostensibly make it better, by essentially judging other people's participation. With all due respect, I find it as offensive as trolling, and as arrogant as my sarcasm anyday. If you are so aloof to this, why are you continuing to engage in this futile, cyclical behaviour that you are so quick to claim you are 'above'? How many posts ago was it now that you played the "ignore" option card? You are certainly free to do so, in fact I wish you would, and yet you continue to 'lower' yourself to this level...

Edited by oldnews, 03 February 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#96 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,818 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think it is clear we are all hockey fans and Canucks fans here and a Canucks chat board brings every type of fan.
Whether old or young hockey is our common denominator.
All the rest is entertainment with opinions and emotions for all to read and comment upon.
As for Elvis,he should do his thing because he is correct in the strictest sense of the bog rules.I ignore what he says,but he has every right to say it.
Mostly,we come here for fun and to poke fun.With going on fifty years without a cup it is pretty obvious that to take the Canucks too seriously is not very good for your health.

#97 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,121 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

^ +1 for that.

I'm not trying to be the no fun police and I can understand this might be a good way to let off steam, but it isn't really appropriate. Some of those others threads aren't either, so I get the sentiment, but I also see the same replies there so why does this need it's own thread?

Certainly I can't change the world and I don't think oldnews expected to either, just my opinion (and some board rules thrown in) so I can appreciate people don't mind me voicing it whatever my own hang ups about being too anal or coming off as mini-modding. I always try to be informative, so I hope I don't come across as that but I know how I perceive a fair number of oldnews' comments of late, so I'm open to another side at least.

Edited by elvis15, 03 February 2013 - 05:15 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#98 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

YES, Einstein.
Clearly he was in fact friggin kidding you.

I'm sorry, I don't understand douche. You should try getting rid of the accent.

#99 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

*Inappropriate content removed"

If you must persist in this snit and hissy fit, please take it to PMs as per the board rules so the rest of us don't have to read it. Thanks.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 03 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#100 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

*Inappropriate content removed*

Au contraire, merely a request from someone who would like to read this thread without your continued bashing of another user.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 03 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#101 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Au contraire, merely a request from someone who would like to read this thread without your continued bashing of another user.

With all due respect, Elvis bashed him equally... shouldn't you be quoting both of them?
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#102 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Is this thread inappropriate in your opinion?

#103 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

With all due respect, Elvis bashed him equally... shouldn't you be quoting both of them?

Elvis had left the building, he made most a gracious post and stepped right out of it. And that's why my post did not mention him.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 03 February 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#104 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Elvis had left the building, he made most a gracious post and stepped right out of it. And that's why my post did not mention him.

Gracious indeed.

"Gracious: Courteous, kind, and pleasant, esp. toward someone of lower social status."

Thank you for gracing this thread as well B.B.

#105 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Gracious indeed.

"Gracious: Courteous, kind, and pleasant, esp. toward someone of lower social status."

Thank you for gracing this thread as well B.B.

Indeed. Personal attacks aside, right? Not to worry, a supermod will be along shortly to address those.

#106 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

If you must persist in this snit and hissy fit, please take it to PMs as per the board rules so the rest of us don't have to read it. Thanks.

This was your opening pleasantry - if that doesn't qualify as a personal attack, certainly nothing I said in response does.

Indeed. Personal attacks aside, right? Not to worry, a supermod will be along shortly to address those.

I take if you feel entitled to dish and then play victim?
Are you above being spoken back to?
Are you trying to be intimidating speaking like you deploy mods?
That just doesn't sound appropriate.

Again, is this thread inappropriate in your opinion?

Edited by oldnews, 03 February 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#107 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,897 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

This thread is obviously played out and everyone involved needs to step back and disengage.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.