The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Comprehensive list of trade destinations for Luongo.

I think realistically some players we should target are Matt Frattin and Dmitry Orlov. Both could help us next year and we could still get more onto of those 2.

With the cap coming down we will likely either have to trade a defenseman or some top 9 forwards go, in which case both Orlov and Frattin could come in handy.

Proposed deals:

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Andrew Ebbett

To Vancouver: Dmitry Orlov, Matt Perreault, Micheal Nuevirth, 1st Round Pick,

(Could maybe add another mid range prospect or a 3rd)

or

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver: Matt Frattin, Matt Finn, 1st

Honestly the way the season is going. Having two solid netminders doesn't seem that bad of an idea.

I'd make the deal with New Jersey in the offseason.

Henrique and/or Larsson would be great assets.

For Philly it depends if Breezbygoaloff struggles. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but both Schenn's solve a lot of problems for Vancouver.

Luongo and Ballard probably wouldn't do it. Edler, Luongo, and Connauton for Brayden and Luke Schenn and a 3rd rounder?

I personally think there is 0 potential for a trade to San Jose. First off Nieme has played great and they're Western Conference contenders.

And if you make a list with teams like San Jose and Edmonton.... I don't know how you could leave the Islanders and New Jersey out.

Okay so aside from Orlov (Who IMO could really help us, brings some of the qualities we lost with Ehrhoff going)

What else could we ask from Washington? We won't get a top guy (E.I Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson) But we could ask for secondary prospects.

Personally though I would want a 1st, as Washington doesn't seem to be afraid to trade 1st's, and since Washington got 2 highly sought after prospects in last years 1st round,. maybe they could see it as expendable for the right deal.

Then are we going to want Nuevirth in the deal? Or should we look elsewhere, and is Matt Perreault a consideration as a good depth guy (better than what we currently have) since he wants to go and has been a healthy scratch for them quite alot.

Any feedback?

Okay so aside from Orlov (Who IMO could really help us, brings some of the qualities we lost with Ehrhoff going)

What else could we ask from Washington? We won't get a top guy (E.I Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson) But we could ask for secondary prospects.

Personally though I would want a 1st, as Washington doesn't seem to be afraid to trade 1st's, and since Washington got 2 highly sought after prospects in last years 1st round,. maybe they could see it as expendable for the right deal.

Then are we going to want Nuevirth in the deal? Or should we look elsewhere, and is Matt Perreault a consideration as a good depth guy (better than what we currently have) since he wants to go and has been a healthy scratch for them quite alot.

Any feedback?

I was about to add NYI, and many others have too. But I think it would be ideal to make the big trade in the summer.

We actually should move Luongo (or Schneider if it comes to that) for prospects and a power forward.

If Keith Ballard keeps playing like he has, and adds a few points to his record, he could be a part of a package to Long Island. They aren't very strong on defense, and Ballard has a history of being good back in the day. He would bring tons of experience and a calm and steady influence to the backend.

Something like Luongo and Ballard for Kyle Okposo, Griffin Reinhart and a high pick?

I was about to add NYI, and many others have too. But I think it would be ideal to make the big trade in the summer.

We actually should move Luongo (or Schneider if it comes to that) for prospects and a power forward.

If Keith Ballard keeps playing like he has, and adds a few points to his record, he could be a part of a package to Long Island. They aren't very strong on defense, and Ballard has a history of being good back in the day. He would bring tons of experience and a calm and steady influence to the backend.

Something like Luongo and Ballard for Kyle Okposo, Griffin Reinhart and a high pick?

I did some digging into Washington's prospect pool and it's pretty bare, for example in 2011 WSH only had a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round pick. They also seem willing to move prospects like Cody Eakin, and bury mid rounders in Hershey.

I think due to their recent struggles, and the utter mess that organization is, they could use some stability in net with Luongo. I think as a centrepiece we could snag Tom Wilson, and possibly a pick (2nd or 3rd round), as you mentioned Perreault could be a throw in.

I'm sorry, but you need to sell me on why NYI would be a viable trading partner. From the Canuck's perspective I can't see Luongo willing to go there, and from the Islanders perspective I can't see how that organization can afford his contract, or for that matter buyout Dipietro.

Just to further my point, here is Dipietro's buyout - It's 16 years with a 1.5m cap hit each year : http://www.capgeek.c...=06&buyout_d=15

You're probably right on the fact it wouldn't be a walk in the park, but I doubt DiPietro and his contract will stand in the way of the Islanders improving their team and challenging for the cup within the next 5-10 years, or 16 for that matter. If it costs them an extra 1.5M, then it will. All this is of course far fetched, but as pointed out earlier, the isles have made surprising moves in the past. And I think DiPietro will be bought out, regardless of a big trade with anyone taking place. Correct the mistakes made and minimize the damage would be my way to move out of the hole they dug themselves. They have a lot of upside there, kinda like Edmonton has now. Just not that much.

NYI is in no position to contend for a cup, trading future assets that will one day be far more valuable to them doesn't make any sense, as they are in no position to do that and add a star veteran.

As we have seen with Yashin and Kessel, it can be a major mistake for a franchise.

That's of course putting Dipietro aside, which is ultimately the biggest road block.

Archived