#91 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Will be johansson, brouwer, and holtby for Lou and Schroeder

I hope not, the Canucks are too full of guys whose careers are stalling (Higgins, Booth, Malhotra) or players that will never be more then agitators who can pot the occasional goal (Hansen, Lapierre, Weise). Schroeder can play a big role on this team for years, especially if Kesler continues to be plagued by injuries.

#92 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Filip Forsberg please, our D seems to be set for the next few years. Need big young players up front.

#93 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

There's always a price. whether we'd be willing to pay or not
To Van
Johansson
Forsberg
Poti
Ward

To WSH
Luongo
Booth
1st 2014
Tanev or K.Connauton

Wards cap hit is way too high for what he is.

#94 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Same for booth. Trades are a two way street.

#95 nznucks

nznucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

forsberg and holtby

#96 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'd like to see Lou in Washington, and not only because I want him out of town. I think the team, and fans would be a good fit for him. It's a team he could be more relaxed on without giving up on his hopes for a cup. Getter done!!!

#97 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

The 2 year, 20 million offer was incredibly idiotic and we have to thank Mats for not taking it. If he did, we would have lost the Sedins to free agency as we wouldn't have had the cap space. That offer was one of Gillis's worst moves - the one year deal was far better.

Yeah, it was a ridiculous contract, for sure. But, I will always wonder how the 2011 SCF would have played out with a healthy, game ready Sundin centering the 2nd line.

#98 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

So is Booth's.

#99 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Relax people, this happened a few years back when Gills and co. went to MTL for a game against the blues. Nothing resulted in it. But if WSH is interested in a goalie which I'm sure they might be, we do not need any of their d-man, unless one of ours is going the other way.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#100 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

POPULAR

Starts with Brouwer and one of their top young players (Orlov, Carlsson, Johanssen, Forsberg, Kuznetsov). And throw in a pick.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#101 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

That trade is a massive over payment
Johansson is not as good as you think, ward is a 3rd-4th liner

#102 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Laich?

Can't be Laich since he's not playing.

Brouwer, Johanssen, and Holtby for Luongo. Throw in Raymond or/and Connauton.

Edited by Rey, 03 February 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#103 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Filip Forsberg please, our D seems to be set for the next few years. Need big young players up front.

Forsberg isn't a big player. He's a small skilled winger. So he doesn't really help with size.

If we want a skilled winger, Kuznetsov is their most elite forward prospect. If we want a two way forward, Johanssen is their best young two way forward.

On D, if we could get Carlsson from him, that would be unreal. Everyone on here seemed to clamour over Jake Gardiner, well Carlsson is way better than Gardiner. He could be a future top 4 for us. He would allow us to trade Ballard in the offseason.

Posted Image

#104 Crowfro

Crowfro

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Johansson is about Kassian's and Schroeder's age. For so far early in his career, I think Johansson's stats are pretty good. I think He's the player the Caps can afford to give up because they aquired Ribero for center and have Backstrom and Laich. So their still strong at center.

#105 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Johansson is about Kassian's and Schroeder's age. For so far early in his career, I think Johansson's stats are pretty good. I think He's the player the Caps can afford to give up because they aquired Ribero for center and have Backstrom and Laich. So their still strong at center.

I dont want Johnasson, he had good stats last year playing wing in the top 6.

I would way rather prefere 2 of:

Laich
Brouwer
Forsberg
Wilson
Orlov
Carlsson- he is right handed- Gillis wanted in in the Hodgson trade last year

#106 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

DON'T be suprised if a Schneider trade is in the works!!!

#107 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,507 posts

Absolutely disagree.

Explain why this team needs a shake-up.

This team will be getting an injection of offensive talent when Kesler and Booth return.

I disagree whole-heartedly. I believe in loyalty and trust. I believe there are players on this team who have earned the right not to be traded, by sacrificing themselves for the team, participating in the community, displaying character, etc. By trading these types of players, the organization would be trading their identity.

Offense was non-existent in the SCF 2 years ago and again last year.. In fact, they generated little in the way of offense the last 2 months of last season and had to rely on goaltending to win. Great goaltending can only take you so far as they should have learned. At some point, you have to out-score your opponent and expecting other top teams not to score, is folly.

As for loyalty, that could be said for Lu or Cory. Both have given their all for this team but one has to go. Booth is a hired gun that is over-paid (so far) for what hte brings. Ballard? Raymond?

MG said he would trade anyone that makes the team better. What if Washington offered Lu, Ballard and Burrows for Ovi, Brouwer, Johansson?

That would really hurt but is Burrows untouchable? I would lile to think so but...

#108 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Starts with Brouwer and one of their top young players (Orlov, Carlsson, Johanssen, Forsberg, Kuznetsov). And throw in a pick.

Right.. I forgot Gillis had that roster player, prospect, pick thing going.

Brouwer, Johanssen, 2nd/3rd round?

We might have to give something additional up, but I think that would be a good return for Luongo.

#109 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,028 posts

Johansson put up 46 points last season as a 21 year old. That would have put him 6th on our team in scoring (3 back of Kesler).

He is that good. The only question is, do we really need a center prospect now that Schroeder is showing he can play at the next level.

Posted Image

#110 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

the centre piece of that trade is Forsberg. Johansson is a good hockey player. I watch the caps, He is a great two way player, with smarts and hands, not unlike burr. He has had a tough start this season, looks to be lacking some confidence. Ward is simply a cash drop since WSH is taking on more cap than they could afford. but also a decent 3 line grinder. Both team benefit and IF Forsberg can turn into the player he is projected to be, canucks would come out far above.

#111 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Johansson put up 46 points last season as a 21 year old. That would have put him 6th on our team in scoring (3 back of Kesler).

He is that good. The only question is, do we really need a center prospect now that Schroeder is showing he can play at the next level.

Johanssen played just as good or better on the wing. He can replace Raymond at a cheaper price long term. Johanssen being a hell lot better.

Edited by Rey, 03 February 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#112 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Johan, Holtby and Carlson

Lui, Burrows and Ballard

Edited by Brick Tamland, 03 February 2013 - 01:23 PM.

I Love Lamp...

#113 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

No to Ovi.....Some of you are just a laugh!

His contract is bad? Have some perspective people. Not too long ago he was a superstar scoring 50+ goals and 100+ points every year. Of course he got signed to money like that. Nobody, not even the smartest GM in the world, could have forseen this sudden plummet by Ovechkin and his other star teammates.

If Gillis had a chance to land a player the calibre of Ovechkin, he should pull the trigger. Those wanting a grinder like Troy bleepin' Brouwer or ANOTHER defenseman that we don't need are just....I'm not even going there. Get your heads checked.

To young to remember Krutov? Hotdogs and vodka do it to you every time!

#114 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

It doesn't make sense for either Washington or the Canucks to acquire/trade Carlsson. The Canucks shouldn't be looking for a defense man unless they are ready to trade one. Too early for Washington to give up Forsberg. Wouldn't go near Kuznetsov. Like Tom Wilson's toughness, but he's too slow.

Brouwer, Johanssen, and Holtby would make the best sense. Adds toughness, size, and durability in Brouwer. Johanssen can play wing or center, on the 2nd line or 3rd. Lots of skill. Holtby will challenge Schneider to be better and stay competitive.

Edited by Rey, 03 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#115 Fubtastik

Fubtastik

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

To Van: Ward, Brouwer, Holtby, Wilson

To Wsh: Booth, Raymond, Lu

#116 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

That's the name I'd like to see come this way. Or Tom Wilson. We don't want cast offs we want future impact players just like Luongo is an impact player. The problem Vcr has is they're growing old pretty quick. The next team MG is building will be a little less skilled but a lot bigger, that seems to be the way they're drafting so I can only assume that is not by accident. Gaunce, Jensen, Kassian, Archibald (?) LaBate and a players that seems to be fading Grenier and last but not least Mallet...they all point towards bigger is better philosophy. They have a number of good prospects on defense the team is going to need more up front.

#117 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Fin for Slapshot straight trade done lmfao :towel:

#118 gocanucks1916

gocanucks1916

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I don't understand why people want D-men or borderline top-6 players in return for Lu. The Canucks D is deep, and we have way too many borderline top-6ers (Raymond, Booth, Kassian, Schroeder). If we're trying to win a cup in the next couple years, I think we need a bonafide top-6 winger. IMO nothing else is really worth losing a star goalie for. If we can't get that in return for Luongo, maybe we should look at moving Schneider?

I know some people will say we should be looking for quality prospects here, but we're trying to follow the Detroit model, which is based on good drafting - NOT shipping off star players for unproven prospects.

#119 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Oh yea, I forgot about Tom Wilson. That guy is a stud.

If Gillis is looking for more of a long term piece, the Canucks would likely be all over him. The next Lucic in the making right there.

Posted Image

#120 Viking13

Viking13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hmmm... Interesting... I wonder if this is all smoke and no fire or what... The Canucks have points in all but two games, and they still haven't played their best yet... One has to wonder if this is just show or is Gillis gonna pull the trigger
Bush league fans have made Luongo the scapegoat for Vancouver's shortfall... Typical...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.