141 replies to this topic

#91 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

He's probably going to suck for awhile. Not sure why people are so excited. Coming off surgery, even rustier than already rusty other players. Nice to have him back but remember last year when he came back from surgery? Yeah.. he kind of looked like crap all year. Maybe people can be excited in a few weeks or a month or two when he's really in game shape.

#92 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Why would anyone use that annoying phlegm voice tool as a source
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#93 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Isn't Kesler only cleared for partial contact (i.e. not full contact) practice? And doesn't that mean that he's not getting checked hard into the boards and isn't getting into scrums?

If that's all true, then I'd think he's at least 1or 2 weeks away from returning.

Just my two cents.
Posted Image

#94 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

As long as he is 100% bring him back. The team is doing fine without him right now.
Posted Image

#95 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,773 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Lame, I'd rather lose the year and see what Schroeder can do then have Kes come back early and ruin everything, himself incluced.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#96 Viking13

Viking13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Please no. As good and amazing that it sounds to have Kesler back by Saturday, we don't need him to rush back into playing hockey. We've tried that twice and it has failed miserably. We need a healthy 100% Kesler so he can dominate again like he did in 2010-11. Not look like an overpaid 2nd liner who is playing terribly when he's not 100%

His last surgery was in June... That's over 7 months ago... I wouldn't call that rushing it!!!
Bush league fans have made Luongo the scapegoat for Vancouver's shortfall... Typical...

#97 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I need to start up my twitter so I can go see when hockeyy insiderr says Kesler is due to come back. That way I know when he isn't.

#98 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

He's probably going to suck for awhile. Not sure why people are so excited. Coming off surgery, even rustier than already rusty other players. Nice to have him back but remember last year when he came back from surgery? Yeah.. he kind of looked like crap all year. Maybe people can be excited in a few weeks or a month or two when he's really in game shape.

The sad part is that he came back in great shape and was ahead of most guys when they came back...

I'm sure it will only take a guy like Kesler 2-3 games to get his timing back, and his athleticism is already there.

Nevertheless, he should take his time, as we are doing just fine right now
Posted Image

#99 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

So nobody has an answer for this? Kind of important because it might make a difference as to when he actually is removed from LTIR?

As far as I know Kesler is NOT on LTIR

#100 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Last year when he was cleared for light contact he came back something like 14 days later. This time he's probably going to take longer, as he should if that's what it takes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#101 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

As far as I know Kesler is NOT on LTIR

Of course he is on LTIR. He has been since the end of the playoffs. That's why he was getting paid during the lockout. They will announce when he is off.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#102 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Conjecture.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#103 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

He's only cleared for light contact. Let him have another month of rest.

Edited by Hyzer, 07 February 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#104 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

go home kesler , your injured

Edited by cIutch, 07 February 2013 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

#105 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

So many doctors on this site........
not only that, but able to judge how many days or weeks he should need to be back to health.
based on.............nothing

#106 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Why would sekeres say that when the team hasn't reported him off IR..

Vancity media

#107 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Going by this. He's still a ways off.

http://www.theprovin...tml?rel=7928795

qpxLmDN.png

#108 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'll believe he'll be back when Kesler says he is going to suit up. Anything else is pure conjecture.

He hasn't even been cleared for full contact fropm last I heard. The only reason he is travelling with the team is to start to working on getting his skating and speed of play up to NHL standard.
Posted Image

#109 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

So was this BS or what?
Posted Image

#110 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Of course he is on LTIR. He has been since the end of the playoffs. That's why he was getting paid during the lockout. They will announce when he is off.

Ermm im almost 100% postive he is NOT on LTIR..... We simply have no reason to put him on. He got paid regardless during the lockout...same as Edler and same as Garrison while they were injured.

#111 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,870 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Look at the Canucks schedule and where Kesler may be able to join the team in practices.

This coming week the Canucks have just 2 games, so plenty of practice opportunities for Kesler to get into. However, the following week they play 4 games in 6 nights with 2 days off, so likely no practices scheduled then.

The following week the Canucks play 3 games in 7 days so will have far more practices. After that, their schedule gets into a nice rhythm of a game once every second day, so practices may be in between the games.

Basically this means Kesler isn't playing before he gets a few good practices in. He'll get a couple next week but that's not enough, I expect him to return within the first or second week of March.
Posted Image

#112 the grinder

the grinder

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

where,s dr mark recchi when we need him

#113 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,675 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

As long as he is 100% bring him back. The team is doing fine without him right now.

Yup, there is no need to rush him when we are doing fine right now. We really need Kesler for the Playoffs. Like his agent said, “Our goal for Ryan is that he's able to play the next 10 years, not the next two months”.
Posted Image

#114 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

.....So leave the team without him.The guys are just learning to play together without throwing Kesler in there to f.....it up.Just leave him where he belongs till he is not a liability.Right now he would be.

#115 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

.....So leave the team without him.The guys are just learning to play together without throwing Kesler in there to f.....it up.Just leave him where he belongs till he is not a liability.Right now he would be.

Are you suggesting scratch a healthy Kesler?
Posted Image

#116 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Are you suggesting scratch a healthy Kesler?

....He has yet to play this season or to some degree last season.He's hardly a healthy scratch till he's at least played.He's hardly worthy of even being considered healthy yet.Just a clammering of Fan-boys right know !

#117 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

....He has yet to play this season or to some degree last season.He's hardly a healthy scratch till he's at least played.He's hardly worthy of even being considered healthy yet.Just a clammering of Fan-boys right know !

Nevermind. I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here.
Posted Image

#118 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Mmmmmm, what I said at the start of the season was that if Ryan was over embellishing his injury he would come back two weeks into the season as he couldn't come back at the start it would look a little suspicious. Three weeks is in the ballpark, it's something we will never know but makes you go hmmmmmmm. It will be great to have him back!!! Hope we can keep Schroeder in the lineup he's looking great.

What would even give you any suspicion to question Kesler injury , The guy is a heart and soul player who leaves it on the line every game and is there for his team mates .

I think Kesler is one of those guys who could really benefit from a long layoff and finally heal from nagging injurys that may have been plaguing him for longer then any of us fans are aware of
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#119 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

What would even give you any suspicion to question Kesler injury , The guy is a heart and soul player who leaves it on the line every game and is there for his team mates .

I think Kesler is one of those guys who could really benefit from a long layoff and finally heal from nagging injurys that may have been plaguing him for longer then any of us fans are aware of

......Your 1st sentence obviously isn't referring to last season as not only didn't he leave it on the line ,he rarely showed up! Oh did I forget he was injured?..... boo hoo!.He would be the better trade when healthy instead of wasting one of our goal tenders.

#120 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

His last surgery was in June... That's over 7 months ago... I wouldn't call that rushing it!!!

It's not the time since his surgeries that's the issue. He wasn't able to do any training until the Sept/Oct time frame. Then he had a set-back in his training due to the both surgeries being on the same side of his body. Less than a month ago at UBC, he told the media that he still hadn't regained a full range of motion in his shoulder.

Even if he is cleared to play medically, I don't expect him to have much of an impact. He wasn't able to do any of his normal off-season strength training. I'd rather he take his time until he's 110% before he comes back. There's no need to risk anything right now.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.