#31 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

K, here's where I think the issue was:

The rule is that if the opposing player (Nashville's D in this case) is the one who puts the puck in the zone, even if the attacking player (Duchene) isn't in yet then it is not offside, but it can't be banked off of them. If the Nashville defenceman there made a kicking motion, but just had it go off him wrong, then that was actually the right call. In the replay I see it go of the D-man's foot, but it's unclear whether it was a kicking motion. Maybe the linesman saw something from that angle that we can't from the replay. But even if it was the wrong call I'd guess that that's where his head was at in not calling the offside.

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it. My logic was right though. Woot.

Edited by Kyosama, 18 February 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#32 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Bob McKenzie tweeted that the linesman thought the puck was played into the zone by a Nashville player and thus not offside.

Beat to it.

I can't decide whether I (a) don't buy it, or (b )believe it, but still think that the call is inexcusable.

It did go off the Nashville player. It actually went off 2. If the second D-man was trying to kick it to his stick and had it go off of him wrong and go straight to Duchene it is the right call. But if it just pinballed then it was the wrong call, completely excusable in any case.

#33 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

It did go off the Nashville player. It actually went off 2. If the second D-man was trying to kick it to his stick and had it go off of him wrong and go straight to Duchene it is the right call. But if it just pinballed then it was the wrong call, completely excusable in any case.

Yah I think it, as you said, pinballed up to Duchene. But understandable how the linesman may have thought it was played in by a Pred player...although logically that wouldn't be a very good play if deliberate.
Posted Image

#34 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

So why didn't they just overturn the call?

Is that play non-reviewable too?

Like I don't get it, why would the NHL makes the plays non-reviewable? Wouldn't they rather get the call right, or would they rather have the officials subdued to this criticism after blowing an important call?

We have to go the NFL route, it's getting ridiculous It cost them this game, watch it cost someone a playoff series then we will react. The NHL have been given these warnings that change is needed. So hopefully they do the right thing and make the change the NFL made.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 18 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

zackass.png

#35 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

The linesman probably ruled that the Nashville player played it into his own zone. If a player plays it into his own zone it's not offside. It's still a bad call but I think people would understand a bit better if they knew this rule.

Edited by spliced, 18 February 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#36 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

hope the linesman never works again enough is enough i know people say human error and everything like that but the refs are just getting worse and worse in every game i have watched this season just a new low for refs and linesman

#37 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

At least if this many bad calls happen to enough teams, maybe there will finally be a call for action.

This type of officiating is just disgracing the game. These refs are about as bad as the replacement refs were in the NFL.

The only disgrace is no process for correcting such blatantly obvious game changing errors.
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#38 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

WTF? I thought Refs only did this to the Canucks

#39 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

WTF? I thought Refs only did this to the Canucks

Well they have to do it to other teams some times too, so that it's not so obvious that they're targeting the Canucks.

Edited by Kyosama, 19 February 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#40 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

harsh.

Posted Image

#41 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Refs are humans, not robots.

#42 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Well they have to do it to other teams some times too, so that it's not so obvious that they're targeting the Canucks.

Ahhh Yes, very clever those zebras.

#43 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

You guys clearly dont watch much football. Nfl coaches arent allowed to challenge whatever they so desire. If an NFL ref misses an offside its not reviewable, so saying we need to go the NFL route is silly. We have video review on scoring plays just like them.
Posted Image

#44 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

You guys clearly dont watch much football. Nfl coaches arent allowed to challenge whatever they so desire. If an NFL ref misses an offside its not reviewable, so saying we need to go the NFL route is silly. We have video review on scoring plays just like them.

well yes, this is a hockey forum, so you shouldn't expect us to know football.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#45 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

There are four on-ice officials out there and they couldn't make this call, that is pretty brutal even though, (holding up my comma fingers), it was human error, hahahaha, the reffing so far in alot of games has been pretty inconsistent and there seems to be no move to correct these errors that help the other team win.

#46 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

well yes, this is a hockey forum, so you shouldn't expect us to know football.

I dont expect anyone to know anything about anything. But when people on CDC start talking out of their asses on subjects they clearly don't know what they are talking about then they should expect to be enlightened.
Posted Image

#47 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

It seems like the refs are somehow getting worse
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.