The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

Having watched the replay, Hansen either has really bad hand-eye co-ordination to catch that puck (he wasn't even close to an actual legitimate catching attempt with his hand), or he was leaning into the reach with the elbow after realizing he wasn't going to catch it and tried for the hit. Hate to say it, but its a bad hit, intentional or not. The other question is whether Hossa is really hurt as bad as he appeared to be. I suppose we'll find out soon enough whether her's out of the lineup next game, as a player with his history shouldn't be taking any risks.

Speaking of the intentional or not argument, its funny to watch and listen to the difference between the Sportsnet and Comcast play-by-play. The Sportsnet cast all feel its a clean play, while the Comcast analysts all use the "forearm shiver" term. Obviously its not nearly as cut-and-dry as the Keith hit on Sedin, but still, its a bad hit by Hansen.

Hansen's my favourite player on the team, but I'm not too cool with that hit. Sorry to say it, but yeah, minor suspension - not 5, I'd say 2 or 3 games. I guess that's going to be an unpopular opinion round here, but if I'm gonna get up in arms over bad hits against us, I feel like I need to call the ones we perpetuate as well.

I guess the Hawks conveniently have amnesia and forget the abuse they used to inflict on Lu in his crease? Ran right over him all the time? And yeah, Keith. Theirs was intentional and I don't think this was.

Pot/kettle stuff.

Hope Hossa's ok....never wish any player injury. Quite confident he will be, as the contact seemed pretty insignificant.

Hansen's my favourite player on the team, but I'm not too cool with that hit. Sorry to say it, but yeah, minor suspension - not 5, I'd say 2 or 3 games. I guess that's going to be an unpopular opinion round here, but if I'm gonna get up in arms over bad hits against us, I feel like I need to call the ones we perpetuate as well.

I guess the Hawks conveniently have amnesia and forget the abuse they used to inflict on Lu in his crease? Ran right over him all the time? And yeah, Keith. Theirs was intentional and I don't think this was.

Pot/kettle stuff.

Hope Hossa's ok....never wish any player injury. Quite confident he will be, as the contact seemed pretty insignificant.

NHL will do something about just because it's blown up now....

Shouldn't have even been a penalty.. Ref only called it based on crowd reaction and Toews' crying..

Oh well, we've seen that before, a ref turning a blind eye (listen on players' judgement), changing a call.

Archived