The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

As for why Luongo wouldn't go to NYI - Charles Wang and Garth Snow are 2 solid reasons. Wang hires Neil Smith (former GM of Rangers) as GM and fires him for Garth Snow (a proven NHL executive ... :picard: ) . Another reason might be the decade of losing culture there. The NYI is the armpit of NHL teams, they are the laughing stock of NHL executives. How they handled Rick DiPietro is another example of the moronic management. So right now, they have Nabokov, Thomas, and DiPietro on their roster ... you're telling me that you want to go there if you were Luongo ... of course, you're right in that no one knows what Luongo will do but based on all the above, my bet is that he will not waive his NTC.

How about this, if Luongo waives his NTC to go there, I will arrange to give you a $10 StarBucks gift card. If we find out that it was an option and Luongo did not waive his NTC, you send me a $10 SB card.

From Globe and Mail article on the NYI management - http://sports.nation...eal-lingers-on/

“It means the owner is a moron,” an unnamed NHL executive told Scott Burnside at ESPN.

Via the PuckDaddy hockey blog’s Greg Wyshynski, here was the signature punchline to the day’s developments, courtesy of @NotBenE: “How long before Charles Wang sees that DiPietro is on waivers and tries to claim him?”

I don't like Starbucks and am not be interested in spending $10 of your money there.

How about if there is verifiable information at one point which clarifies one way or the other whether Luongo would or would not go to the Islanders, then the 'mistaken' party takes a 24 hour timeout from CDC?

I will probably take a week off CDC if there's a quiet deadline.. Every year the "omg he went for that? Why did you not get him gillis" trolls come out in full force.

If there's no luongo trade at the deadline might as well just stay away for a lil while for my own sanity. This place will explode with fire gillis threads because he didnt take bozak and a 3rd.

My memory is him blowing into the zone at breakneck speed, stopping on a dime and drawing a D man forward who draped all over him. Then when he pivoted back to the middle, overpowering and holding off the D he would also draw a forward so he could not just push into the middle and do as he pleased. Drawing two guys; I remember all kinds of little flip passes and dumps to open guys.

He was not a Gretzky like passer, but his brute strength and tact for the game always made space and time easy for other players to get open as they flew through lanes. And no he did not always play with Sakic; see Drury, Tanguay, Claude Lemieux, Hejduk... Assists were a by product of his ability to control the puck, and he did pass it. We're not talking Ryan Kesler here...

That's cause he played with Sakic. He was famous for skating forever without passing. He'd circle the zone on the powerplay. He's one of my favorite players, but he wasn't exactly a pass first guy.

Interesting.. I haven't heard much about why he's been scratched lately. You would think there would be alot talk about it because of the agent twitter incident and the fact that even what Darcy Tucker had for lunch will make the front page over any other teams news

That would be awesome if he's the centerpiece In a Lu deal. He isn't exactly what we need but he's a very valuable young asset. You can make a solid hockey trade for a player like couturier.

Or package Gardiner up.. Gardiner 1st for Yakupov Ewanyk . I'm sure Edmonton would be intrigued to the idea of Shultz Gardiner and another first to pick another dman outta the first round.... Thoughts? Would they do it? Would you do it?

Interesting.. I haven't heard much about why he's been scratched lately. You would think there would be alot talk about it because of the agent twitter incident and the fact that even what Darcy Tucker had for lunch will make the front page over any other teams news

That would be awesome if he's the centerpiece In a Lu deal. He isn't exactly what we need but he's a very valuable young asset. You can make a solid hockey trade for a player like couturier.

Or package Gardiner up.. Gardiner 1st for Yakupov Ewanyk . I'm sure Edmonton would be intrigued to the idea of Shultz Gardiner and another first to pick another dman outta the first round.... Thoughts? Would they do it? Would you do it?

Archived