3104 replies to this topic

#3061 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

You're not Gillis but yet you propose trades with NYI involving Luongo.
I'm not Luongo so I can propose that he won't accept a trade there.
Wake up ... this is the world of forums.

Still asleep I see.

You weren't proposing anything - you were presuming to shut other proposals down - with an ignorant comment about waking up, as if you have any information to indicate that you know what Luongo would or would not do. You don't - your comments are pretentious.

There is only one place that has been relatively confirmed that he'd be willing to waive for (obviously Florida, considering his comments) - aside from that, the entire balance of these discussions are based upon the unknown possibility that he might waive to go somewhere else.
You failed to explain what makes the Islanders such a ridiculous possibility.

#3062 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

You had me until there........time to let it go.

I think there's a 50/50 chance of Lu being moved on this week, if not, I do think they might make a minor move.......Kes needs a player to play with who can feed him the puck. I like kass with him, but they need another guy there.

That's what a center does; pass. A pass first winger is not a very good winger.

#3063 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Keep reading, appears no one else buys into your crap either...and THATS not surprising...pitiful.

Case in point.

#3064 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Gillis will make a solid well informed risk assessment on kesler.. I don't understand how you say kesler cannot be assumed. We pretty much have to if we want a chance at the cup otherwise it's not our turn to strike. We built this team to be kesler as the #2 man behind hank, we have to to add to that to improve IMO. We need him to be his best if we want to go all he way, not his stand in backup plan at his best.

It's not that I don't think another centre wouldn't help, it would. But I don't think it would give us more punch in the playoffs. We keep going in as the same team and I'd like to bring another element.

I'll meet you in the middle on this one haha. Lets go luongo 3rd to nyi for cizikas 1st Nabokov

Then clowe for 2nd Connaughton. 2nd becomes a first if clowe resigns.

Raymond Kesler Clowe
Higgins cizikas Hansen

Looks solid

#3065 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN (the guy)
RAYMOND - SCHROEDER - HANSEN
HIGGINS - KESLER - BURROWS
WEISS - LAPIERRE - PINIZZOTTO
Sestito

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA
EDLER - GARISSON
TANEV - BALLARD
Alberts

SCHNEIDER
LUONGO

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 30 March 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#3066 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Gillis will make a solid well informed risk assessment on kesler.. I don't understand how you say kesler cannot be assumed. We pretty much have to if we want a chance at the cup otherwise it's not our turn to strike. We built this team to be kesler as the #2 man behind hank, we have to to add to that to improve IMO. We need him to be his best if we want to go all he way, not his stand in backup plan at his best.

It's not that I don't think another centre wouldn't help, it would. But I don't think it would give us more punch in the playoffs. We keep going in as the same team and I'd like to bring another element.

I'll meet you in the middle on this one haha. Lets go luongo 3rd to nyi for cizikas 1st Nabokov

Then clowe for 2nd Connaughton. 2nd becomes a first if clowe resigns.

Raymond Kesler Clowe
Higgins cizikas Hansen

Looks solid

I'll assume this was a response to my post.
I say Kesler's health can't be assumed because he hasn't been healthy for two years running, with multiple things ailing him.
He may return and remain 100% - he may not, but even if he is not healthy, I'm still not prepared to throw in the white towel on this season.
I simpl wouldn't neglect to acquire a guy who can generate ozone starts and win faceoffs - this team needs that regardless imo - Lapierre can't carry all that weight. I suppose Henrik could continue to take dzone faceoffs, but...
Even if Kesler were healthy, imo it's better to have the option of using him in a less fixed (ie shutdown), more versatile way, that doesn't grind on his health.

Anyhow, I'm not against acquiring Clowe - it's more the case that there's no way I offer a conditional first and prospect for him.

#3067 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

At this point I think MG needs to go all in for Nielsen and/or Eller, even at the expense of our future.

Lu for Nabokov+Nielsen
Schroeder+1st for Eller

Sedin-Sedin-Burr
Higgins-Nielsen-Kesler
Raymond-Eller-Hansen
Pini - Lapierre - Kassian

I don't care if its over-payment we need to overload on centers like LA did.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#3068 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'll assume this was a response to my post.
I say Kesler's health can't be assumed because he hasn't been healthy for two years running, with multiple things ailing him.
He may return and remain 100% - he may not, but even if he is not healthy, I'm still not prepared to throw in the white towel on this season.
I simpl wouldn't neglect to acquire a guy who can generate ozone starts and win faceoffs - this team needs that regardless imo - Lapierre can't carry all that weight. I suppose Henrik could continue to take dzone faceoffs, but...
Even if Kesler were healthy, imo it's better to have the option of using him in a less fixed (ie shutdown), more versatile way, that doesn't grind on his health.

Anyhow, I'm not against acquiring Clowe - it's more the case that there's no way I offer a conditional first and prospect for him.

Yeah the only way I give up a first is based on 2 things happening

1 all signs point to kesler being the best he can be this year. Like if him and his doctors are saying the minor broken foot gave his serious injuries time to heal and he's in great shape. That tells me ok it's time to strike and grab a bigger name player like clowe.

2 we get a first or decent futures for luongo

If you ask me though, this really isn't the year to load up. I'm fine with trying to get matthias or someone to compensate for kesler this year but I'm not expecting a deep run unless Nashville kesler comes out to play. IMO were better off hanging on to Lu if we're getting bogus offers and just picking up a centreman to hold us over till next year.

My clowe dreams are based on if the inside kesler info looks like he'll hit the ground running. So basically a pipe dream as its too much of a risk this year.

#3069 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Martin St Louis?
Henrik Zetterberg?
PA Parenteau?

Mark Recchi?

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3070 - PikaBOO -

- PikaBOO -

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Jagr just hit 1000 assists as a winger.

#3071 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

There is only one place that has been relatively confirmed that he'd be willing to waive for (obviously Florida, considering his comments) - aside from that, the entire balance of these discussions are based upon the unknown possibility that he might waive to go somewhere else.
You failed to explain what makes the Islanders such a ridiculous possibility.

As for why Luongo wouldn't go to NYI - Charles Wang and Garth Snow are 2 solid reasons. Wang hires Neil Smith (former GM of Rangers) as GM and fires him for Garth Snow (a proven NHL executive ... :picard: ) . Another reason might be the decade of losing culture there. The NYI is the armpit of NHL teams, they are the laughing stock of NHL executives. How they handled Rick DiPietro is another example of the moronic management. So right now, they have Nabokov, Thomas, and DiPietro on their roster ... you're telling me that you want to go there if you were Luongo ... of course, you're right in that no one knows what Luongo will do but based on all the above, my bet is that he will not waive his NTC.

How about this, if Luongo waives his NTC to go there, I will arrange to give you a $10 StarBucks gift card. If we find out that it was an option and Luongo did not waive his NTC, you send me a $10 SB card.

From Globe and Mail article on the NYI management - http://sports.nation...eal-lingers-on/
“It means the owner is a moron,” an unnamed NHL executive told Scott Burnside at ESPN.

Via the PuckDaddy hockey blog’s Greg Wyshynski, here was the signature punchline to the day’s developments, courtesy of @NotBenE: “How long before Charles Wang sees that DiPietro is on waivers and tries to claim him?”

Edited by Neversummer, 30 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#3072 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Raymond has been surprisingly much better since he's learned to pass this year.

#3073 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

LP

#3074 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Recall varlamov was traded to col for 2 1 st round draft picks... 2!!! For an above or near average goalie.

Schneider could fetch us a small rebuild of of 2 high picks a prospect and a 3rd liner.... Just sayin

Edited by Lui's Knob, 30 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#3075 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Once a team is on the offensive attack, traditional positions are out the window.....if becomes F1, F2, F3. Kesler desperately needs a play maker on his line.

#3076 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

The thing is, Schroeder is a bit of a question come playoff time. He is still a rookie remember and we may need a insurance policy in case he can't handle the physicality come playoff time. That's my reasoning for needing a third line center I think that's Gillis' as well. Before this year, Gillis always stocked up on D for the injuries that happen in a playoff run. It seems this year we need to stock up on centermen.

Also, did you notice last game that when the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen wasn't doing anything, Schroeder was dropped to forth line and replaced by Lappy?

Everyone was a question mark at playoff time at some point in their career. He's played very very well with that line, and if Kesler comes back and his line and the twins face the best lines of the other teams, I see no reason why this line would not continue to succeed.

#3077 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,366 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Recall varlamov was traded to col for 2 1 st round draft picks... 2!!! For an above or near average goalie.

Schneider could fetch us a small rebuild of of 2 high picks a prospect and a 3rd liner.... Just sayin

It was one 1st and one 2nd round pick.

Two 1st round picks would be stupid.
But still Colorado overpaid, Bobrovsky's price was right.

Subbancopy.jpg

#3078 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Do you know why Lou hasn't been traded yet?

Because we're still on 6.0.

Come on, Templeton.... do it for the team!

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3079 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

Peter Forsberg played Center and never passed. St. Louis passes first all the time, and owns it.

Edited by WiDeN, 30 March 2013 - 02:13 PM.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3080 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Everybody passes 101.

#3081 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Peter Forsberg played Center and never passed. St. Louis passes first all the time, and owns it.

Bwah?

Peter Forsberg's career - 249 goals, 636 assists.

#3082 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

As for why Luongo wouldn't go to NYI - Charles Wang and Garth Snow are 2 solid reasons. Wang hires Neil Smith (former GM of Rangers) as GM and fires him for Garth Snow (a proven NHL executive ... :picard: ) . Another reason might be the decade of losing culture there. The NYI is the armpit of NHL teams, they are the laughing stock of NHL executives. How they handled Rick DiPietro is another example of the moronic management. So right now, they have Nabokov, Thomas, and DiPietro on their roster ... you're telling me that you want to go there if you were Luongo ... of course, you're right in that no one knows what Luongo will do but based on all the above, my bet is that he will not waive his NTC.

How about this, if Luongo waives his NTC to go there, I will arrange to give you a $10 StarBucks gift card. If we find out that it was an option and Luongo did not waive his NTC, you send me a $10 SB card.

From Globe and Mail article on the NYI management - http://sports.nation...eal-lingers-on/
“It means the owner is a moron,” an unnamed NHL executive told Scott Burnside at ESPN.

Via the PuckDaddy hockey blog’s Greg Wyshynski, here was the signature punchline to the day’s developments, courtesy of @NotBenE: “How long before Charles Wang sees that DiPietro is on waivers and tries to claim him?”

The Canucks also hired an unproven NHL executive - the guy who re-signed Luongo.
There's a hell of a lot of speculation that Luo would go to Toronto... with all due respect, they are every bit the losing culture that the Islanders are. We don't know what Luo would do. I hear your argument that Wang is a different kind of owner. There are definitely a few of those in the NHL.
But regardless, these arguments are irrelevent.
You're missing the point.
"you're telling me that you want to go there if you were Luongo"
The point is that I'm not Luongo and neither are you. We're not armchair Luongos in these threads - we're armchair GMs. These proposals regard what we would want to add to or subtract from the roster. I have no idea if Luongo gives a crap about Wang's reputation, or whether he wants desperately to play with Tavares, or hates nothing more than New York city, or loves the idea of riding the ferry to Staton Island with his family and walking to the top of the statue of Liberty.
I don't like Starbucks and am not be interested in spending $10 of your money there.
How about if there is verifiable information at one point which clarifies one way or the other whether Luongo would or would not go to the Islanders, then the 'mistaken' party takes a 24 hour timeout from CDC?
I'm going to guess (that's all these are) that if he were willing to go to Toronto, the delusional self-appointed center of the universe, with a bunch of shamed, paper bag wearing fans and the dumbest ass hockey media in the world (even dumber than Vancouver's), then he might pretty much be willing to go to almost anywhere.

Edited by oldnews, 30 March 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#3083 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

:blink:

Forsburg had 2 & 1/2 times the assists as he did goals. The best puck possession, puck distribution player of his generation!

#3084 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

And I bet Philly would be happy to have Bobrovsky back!

It was one 1st and one 2nd round pick.

Two 1st round picks would be stupid.
But still Colorado overpaid, Bobrovsky's price was right.

#3085 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I don't like Starbucks and am not be interested in spending $10 of your money there.
How about if there is verifiable information at one point which clarifies one way or the other whether Luongo would or would not go to the Islanders, then the 'mistaken' party takes a 24 hour timeout from CDC?

Deal ... it would be nice to have a 24 hr free of 'oldnews'.

#3086 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I will probably take a week off CDC if there's a quiet deadline.. Every year the "omg he went for that? Why did you not get him gillis" trolls come out in full force.

If there's no luongo trade at the deadline might as well just stay away for a lil while for my own sanity. This place will explode with fire gillis threads because he didnt take bozak and a 3rd.

#3087 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

:blink:

Forsburg had 2 & 1/2 times the assists as he did goals. The best puck possession, puck distribution player of his generation!

That's cause he played with Sakic. He was famous for skating forever without passing. He'd circle the zone on the powerplay. He's one of my favorite players, but he wasn't exactly a pass first guy.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3088 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Forsberg belongs in that Orr, Bure, Neely category of guys who would've DOUBLED their career totals, if they had a relatively healthy career.

Hated him, but man that guy could control & dominate a game, whenever he was determined to do so.

#3089 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Would you guys do Luongo for Gagne and Khabibulin (just to take back cash basically)?

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#3090 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Gardiner sits again....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.