The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Your insistence that MG is to blame and should have cut a deal last year struck a chord with the argument made many times here by King of ES - no longer with us - since around about the time you arrived here. Not a poster who was popular here, but not one that I had a problem with. But evidently just a coincidence. And King was from Chicago and a futures trader. If he were back under an alias, I wouldn't have a problem with that - nor would I openly out him.

In any event, fwiw, simply because someone wants to fire MG or blames him for not making a move - imo that wouldn't make them a traitor.

Well just as I stated many times before "NO TEAM" wants Lu's over inflated contract for the next nine seasons yet he wants to be traded as was evident in his performance against Detroit!! Time blow this team up and rebuild but first hire JFJ and Ron Wilson, they are available for a reasonable price!!!!...

Well just as I stated many times before "NO TEAM" wants Lu's over inflated contract for the next nine seasons yet he wants to be traded as was evident in his performance against Detroit!! Time blow this team up and rebuild but first hire JFJ and Ron Wilson, they are available for a reasonable price!!!!...

Lou's stats are heading in the wrong direction. His SP is now a journeyman .905 GAA of 2.43. Schneider, since game one is .919 and GAA of 2.33. Neither are getting it done but Lou is on a slippery slope and not displaying the technical improvements he exhibited in the early games of the season. Defensively I believe Bowness is the problem and teams have figured out our tendancies in getting out of our zone.

TO's goalies seem to be taking their mid season nose dive, so perhaps they might be interested in Lu again.

Trade Lu for Grabs and Franson (Booth will be bought out, so Grabs contract ok).

Trade a B prospect or late pic for Wellwood who isn't even playing C in 'Peg (he's great in the playoffs and good at faceoffs)

Trade a B prospect of late pic for backup goaltender.

Sedins Kes

Raymond Grabs Burrows

Higgy Wellwood Hansen

Pinni Lappy Kass

Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Ballard Franson

Schneids

Trade

TO's goalies seem to be taking their mid season nose dive, so perhaps they might be interested in Lu again.

Trade Lu for Grabs and Franson (Booth will be bought out, so Grabs contract ok).

Trade a B prospect or late pic for Wellwood who isn't even playing C in 'Peg (he's great in the playoffs and good at faceoffs)

Trade a B prospect of late pic for backup goaltender.

Sedins Kes

Raymond Grabs Burrows

Higgy Wellwood Hansen

Pinni Lappy Kass

Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Ballard Franson

Schneids

Trade

Other GMs know the Nucks will need to clear cap space this summer and that certainly won't improve MG's hand when it comes to trading Lu. If he waits until summer, he should expect to go into major re-tooling or minor re-build mode and be willing to take picks and prospects for Lu.

Lu isn't helping a trade to happen with his play of late...perhaps it's intentional :bigblush:

alright No Worries... but yeah... I'm on the blame MG bandwagon... AV... not so much... Luongo not at all... I think it's a stretch for me to blame MG for 0-34 PP but he did let Salo and Ehrhoff go... I do miss them. Don't see a lot of good MG has done in the last year or two. Isn't that how Gillis treats Luongo... what have you done for me lately.

Archived