3104 replies to this topic

#3091 firestorm238

firestorm238

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Would you guys do Luongo for Gagne and Khabibulin (just to take back cash basically)?

At this point, yes.

#3092 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

My memory is him blowing into the zone at breakneck speed, stopping on a dime and drawing a D man forward who draped all over him. Then when he pivoted back to the middle, overpowering and holding off the D he would also draw a forward so he could not just push into the middle and do as he pleased. Drawing two guys; I remember all kinds of little flip passes and dumps to open guys.

He was not a Gretzky like passer, but his brute strength and tact for the game always made space and time easy for other players to get open as they flew through lanes. And no he did not always play with Sakic; see Drury, Tanguay, Claude Lemieux, Hejduk... Assists were a by product of his ability to control the puck, and he did pass it. We're not talking Ryan Kesler here...

That's cause he played with Sakic. He was famous for skating forever without passing. He'd circle the zone on the powerplay. He's one of my favorite players, but he wasn't exactly a pass first guy.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 30 March 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#3093 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Gardiner sits again....

Interesting.. I haven't heard much about why he's been scratched lately. You would think there would be alot talk about it because of the agent twitter incident and the fact that even what Darcy Tucker had for lunch will make the front page over any other teams news

That would be awesome if he's the centerpiece In a Lu deal. He isn't exactly what we need but he's a very valuable young asset. You can make a solid hockey trade for a player like couturier.

Or package Gardiner up.. Gardiner 1st for Yakupov Ewanyk . I'm sure Edmonton would be intrigued to the idea of Shultz Gardiner and another first to pick another dman outta the first round.... Thoughts? Would they do it? Would you do it?

#3094 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Interesting.. I haven't heard much about why he's been scratched lately. You would think there would be alot talk about it because of the agent twitter incident and the fact that even what Darcy Tucker had for lunch will make the front page over any other teams news

That would be awesome if he's the centerpiece In a Lu deal. He isn't exactly what we need but he's a very valuable young asset. You can make a solid hockey trade for a player like couturier.

Or package Gardiner up.. Gardiner 1st for Yakupov Ewanyk . I'm sure Edmonton would be intrigued to the idea of Shultz Gardiner and another first to pick another dman outta the first round.... Thoughts? Would they do it? Would you do it?

I still think it is unlikely Toronto gives him up for Lu. I'd of course be all over that deal but he still has an incredibly high ceiling and I'm sure Toronto is well aware of that.

#3095 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Gardiner would be a good return. Canucks don't have a true offensive dman in the organization. You could argue Edler but he is more of a 2way.

#3096 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

C'mon gillis get bozak alreadyyy

#3097 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Sounds like the rumor is Biggs, Bozak, gardiner and a conditional 2nd 2015 (1st if Bozak resigns) luongo, Raymond and prab rai

#3098 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Gardiner would be a good return. Canucks don't have a true offensive dman in the organization. You could argue Edler but he is more of a 2way.

Well if my 2way guy can put up 50pts and hit goalies, I'm ok with that. We have no room for jake. If he was right handed then perfect but I'd rather see if I could package him up to a team that needs young defense for a guy like Yak or similar

#3099 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Sounds like the rumor is Biggs, Bozak, gardiner and a conditional 2nd 2015 (1st if Bozak resigns) luongo, Raymond and prab rai

Biggs + Gardiner + Bozak + conditional 2nd or 1st if he re-signs

for

Luongo + Raymond + Rai

DEAL!! source?

#3100 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

So all we gotta do is resign bozak and we get their first? 2nd if he doesn't resign? Okay...

#3101 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Where are you getting this from?

#3102 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

You have a source for that? That would be an amazing trade.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3103 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

You have a source for that? That would be an amazing trade.

Considering Rai is in the deal I would call bull.

#3104 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,879 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

My guess is that would be a contract dump cause we're close to the contract limit.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3105 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Or the fact that its more than gillis was asking for and the conditional pick doesn't make sense and only benefits Bozak himself.

That would suck if that was the deal and rai turned into a superstar haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.