The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

No, that's not what happened. Aside from COlumbus, Lu has not played well and his stats have dropped to reflect that. I know you dont believe me (Or anyone who says anythign critical of LU) but listen to his own interview. He knows he's under-performing. Everyone but you does.

Last night when the Nucks were pressing early, Crawford made numerous key saves to keep his team in the game whiel they got their legs. IN the third when the Nucks really needed to be free to press for the equalizer, Lu flubbed an easy one and it wad game over.

It's those things and the timing of those things that have been, and remain, the knock on Luongo and why most hockey fans question his ability to get the job done when it counts.

No, that's not what happened. Aside from COlumbus, Lu has not played well and his stats have dropped to reflect that. I know you dont believe me (Or anyone who says anythign critical of LU) but listen to his own interview. He knows he's under-performing. Everyone but you does.

Last night when the Nucks were pressing early, Crawford made numerous key saves to keep his team in the game whiel they got their legs. IN the third when the Nucks really needed to be free to press for the equalizer, Lu flubbed an easy one and it wad game over.

It's those things and the timing of those things that have been, and remain, the knock on Luongo and why most hockey fans question his ability to get the job done when it counts.

My apologies! Ididn't realize you were visually impaired.

YOu did see teh glove save on Burrows when the score was 1-0?

Crawford stopped 33 of 35 for a .943%

Lu went 21 of 25 for .808.

If you can't read those stats, have somoeone read them to you and then explain what they mean.

I miss Salo - a lot - Ehrhoff not so much - but in both cases, the contracts they were offered were too rich in term for the Canucks. Sami is one of my favorite players, but the 35+ term of the CBA, and his injury history made it risky to give him 7.5 over two years. Tampa is in a better position to take that risk - and the fact that Garrison's free agency coincided made it more difficult to commit. I understand missing Sami - I would have loved to have him back - but I'm also happy for him that he got a sweet deal considering the CBA specifically makes it more difficult for guys his age to get a fair shake, particularly with contenders who are up against the cap ceiling. I really wish they'd change or modify (to prevent backdiving) that garbage clause of the CBA.

Regarding Luong - I don't think he's being mistreated at all - Schneider has legitimately challenged him for the starting role, and if not outplayed him outright, at the very least warranted a tandem. Luo's contract doesn't entitle him to the starting role - it entitles him to his salary.

Well, it's certainly time to do something!

I watched the Red Wing game again. As obvious as it is that we need a centre so we start with the puck more, we also look ordinary with either Raymond or Higgins at pivot;but it was even more obvious that we have NO puck possession / puck distribution behind the first line! We actually played alrite, until the team was deflated by a few bad goals. For all the guys who could score 30 goals < Danny/Burr/Raymond/Higgins/Kassian/Hanson - Kesler/Booth off the injury list < Just who exactly is it that will control the puck and deliver it to a sniper in scoring position?

Our best 3, by far, puck possession players who can dangle and control the puck all play on one line! For all the hoopla about a "3rd line defensive centre," what we really need is a Mike Ribiero not a Goc or Steve Ott type.

Hey, they would help, just not as much; we already have Lapierre who is an adequate defensive 215 lb centre + in theory Kesler coming back. What we need is to score deeper than our first line!

And then hey, I'll take Ott if we get a puck wizard to play wing???

We've beaten Ribiero and Johansson to death > who else is there?

Or we break up the Twins and let their magic kick start Kassian, Raymond, Higgins and Kesler when he's back.

Jensen/Hank/Kassian Hey, this line would score AND be physically hard to play against!

Danny/Schroeder/Burrows

Raymond/Ebbet/Higgins

Sestito/Lappy/Pinner

Any bets Kassian, Schroeder and Jensen get more points than we loose not playing Hank with Burr and Danny? Couldn't our PP use a dynamic sniper like Jensen? Would an opposing team not have a harder time deciding which Top 6 line to load all their defensive match ups against...

We're walking to a non play off birth; why not try and get more young guys going???

Archived