The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Lol alright, you don't have to care what he thinks, cause your opinion doesn't matter to him. Your not the GM, he is. And it seems Luongo is going and its for the better of all parties involved.

He is going to make a deal when the stars align the fact that he has already been extremely close to a deal brings some comfort to the situation actually, in that we know it isn't completely dead. (although now maybe it is)

So uh, how about this SamJam character. Talking about how Luongo almost went to Philadelphia at beginning of this season. Have we decided if he knows what he's talking about?

With Theodores injury, if they don't make a move for Luongo now - I can't imagine they ever will.

Bjugstad or bust.

Lol alright, you don't have to care what he thinks, cause your opinion doesn't matter to him. Your not the GM, he is. And it seems Luongo is going and its for the better of all parties involved.

He is going to make a deal when the stars align the fact that he has already been extremely close to a deal brings some comfort to the situation actually, in that we know it isn't completely dead. (although now maybe it is)

Actually, Florida is just 6 points out of a playoff spot. So if Luongo is traded there and continues to play like he is here for the Panthers he will more than likely get them into the playoffs.

SmashianKassian, Luongo is actually outplaying Schneider and he also has an NTC and has said he'd love to go back to Florida. Either than that, a calm wind blows in dust but nothing more.

No one in this new CBA wants to take on this anchor of a contract even though the player under said contract is in fact a superstar.

This contract is sticking like molasses to the Canucks organization and I for one am glad for it.

Schneider's a good kid. But for him to come in at 26 years old and think he'll dethrone a franchise goaltender by right alone, well, I guess he gets it by now, he'll have to outplay Luongo and he hasn't so far.

Schneider's contract on the other hand is a perfectly tradable contract. In fact, ever so tradable that the returns potentially greatly outshine that of a Luongo return.

Now the difference between Luongo's and Schneider's game is so minimal, yet the returns for each goaltender would differ so greatly, that a Schneider trade make a whole lot more sense for this franchise than and Luongo trade.

Some teams will be on the verge of missing the playoffs and pay a ranson while some teams will be missing the playoffs and will unload sound veteran help for such a piece as a goaltender of Schneider stature; that which can help this franchise win a Cup.

I cannot say what type of returns Schneider could get as immediate help, but it sure as heck more than mere rookies and picks, while this is exactly what Luongo would garner as returns.

Now if the Canucks were as great as the current Oilers or Flames, then I would have difficulty arguing keeping Luongo. But te Vancouver Canucks are swimming with the likes of Chicago and Boston; one of the best team in the NHL, but it needs ever slight help, the type of help that will put this team on top once again.

For Luongo, it's Vancouver or Florida. So far, he's playing some of the best hockey of his career and making it very hard on Schneider to take over.

If Schneider cannot handle such adversity, then there's your answer.

Archived