330 replies to this topic

#241 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

what a surprise the cheerleaders are blaming the refs again because they never see any fault in their own team.

You do realize that most of us can see that the team stunk but the refs were also terrible? I hate to break it to you, but the majority can see that from both angles and you are not the lone objective fan in the room. Anti-homer glasses are as annoying as homer ones.

Or are you trying to claim the reffing is wonderful?

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#242 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Nobody gets it. People aren't overreacting after one loss. The whole point is we've seen this before. We've seen this so many times before. We've seen the team play well, then hit a slump, and be fooled into thinking it's just a slump and the team is fine. Then the playoffs come and the Canucks bow out and the cheerleaders FINALLY catch on to what everyone else was saying to begin with. This isn't about judging the Canucks after one loss. This is about knowing the Canucks more than well enough to determine that nothing has changed.

we made the finals 2 years ago last year we lost daniel sedin at the worst possible time and kesler was playing injured so no real way to tell how deep they could of gotten so the playoff situation isn't as bleak as people like to think but people on this board have no memories it seems they don't see anything past oh we lost panic panic panic oh we win we have the best team in the world its quite sad

#243 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Watching those post-game interviews I really notice the disconnect.

Hank says they played well.

Kes says it was one of their best 60 minute efforts this year (WTF?!!!) Then Garrison (the new guy) , says they have to get back to basics and find a way to play a full 60 minute game.

I'm starting to wonder if the old guard are just completely out of touch with how they used to play the game. Only the new guys sees how pathetic the effort is.

I really do think this team just lost it after the Cup final loss. It happens. It happened to the Senators. It happened to the Flyers and they made wholesale changes.

#244 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

From an outsiders perspective it doesn't look like the Canucks are playing with any sense of urgency on a consistent basis. There's no question the Canucks have some incredible talent on the team, but the motivation doesn't seem to be there. Something needs to wake these guys up and the overall team defense needs to improve.

I agree. We have the depth to dominate games. Perhaps a coaching change needs to be made? Only solution I can think of that will wake the guys up.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#245 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

we made the finals 2 years ago last year we lost daniel sedin at the worst possible time and kesler was playing injured so no real way to tell how deep they could of gotten so the playoff situation isn't as bleak as people like to think but people on this board have no memories it seems they don't see anything past oh we lost panic panic panic oh we win we have the best team in the world its quite sad

I think its becoming obvious that the team isn't as strong as it once was. But can they turn it around? Of course! I wouldn't let the doomsday people bring ya down there captain! It's unlikely we will win the cup this year and the next and the next. That's just the way it goes. Get used to it, kill yourself worrying about it or just don't watch.
Posted Image

#246 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

I really do think this team just lost it after the Cup final loss. It happens. It happened to the Senators. It happened to the Flyers and they made wholesale changes.

Could be. Certainly, this team needs a new look/attitude.

If I was the Sedins, I'd be getting pretty tired of carrying 90% of the offence. It makes them a target for all the best and biggest defenders in the league. We're not generating any kind of meaningful offensive pressure from our bottom 3 lines.

Watching AV tonight he looked lost and exhausted. I really don't think he knows what to do or how to address what is going on.

#247 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

DERP!!!

Posted Image

HERP!!!
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#248 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's pretty effing disgusting how many goals from the slot this team has allowed the last two games. And to no surprise we've been outscored 12-5.
Posted Image

#249 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Some posters have been expressing concerns on how the team plays back to last year but usually get shouted down because the team was winning frequently. Much of what we are seeing now is a result of poor play that was taking place last year but by luck better goaltending or maybe a slightly better effort/team cohesion, enough wins were strung together that those posters got shouted down as being negative and pessimistic.

This team has not played good hockey this season and far too many of it's core players are underachieving. Without the stellar goaltending of Cory and Lu for a good stretch, this team would be sitting even with Calgary (who right now are playing better than the Nucks)

Maybe they can turn it around but they appear to have lost heart or faith. Not sure how you regain that. IF you don't believe in what you are doing or that you can achieve something, it's pretty hard to deliver your best.

If this behaviour continues, it will be Bowness, AV and possibly even GIllis that pay the price whether or not it is their fault. Aquilini isn't interested in spending to the cap plus all the other costs to have an average team on teh ice.

#250 HuddieJ

HuddieJ

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Press box for Kesler and Booth. Let's go on another 6 game winning streak.... :bigblush:

#251 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Time for Mg to take out the trash.

#252 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Boys looked tired. Hopefully AV gives them 2 full days off cause I think they need a mental break.

It will also give time for Gillis to call NHL head office and scream at them to get their s#$% together. Seriously, who are these amateur officials the leagues employing? Every night there's a new guy I've never heard of. Him and his partner waltz in and butcher the game. After the Nucks game is over, I switched channels to the SJS/COL game just in time for those officials to mangle that game. It's everywhere - an epidemic. It's the bubonic plague in hockey right now, SOMEONE has to do SOMETHING.

Also, we can blame the defense, we can blame the goalie. But this ones on the forwards for me. In the last few games they are generating very little. Only creating 8-10 scoring chances per game is for Columbus, not Vancouver. The Sedins have been the only consistent forwards lately. 2 players won't win you hockey games in the West.

Sidenote, anyone catch Real Housewives of Vancouver tonight and their references to the Canucks players? lol

#253 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Who replaces him?

Lindy ****ing Ruff

I'm tired of AV's crap.

This team gets embaressed and then we come back and come out flat again, never gets this team motivated to play, never gets this team prepared, makes the dumbest ****ing line-up decisions (Its clear putting 2 3rd liners with Kesler isn't ****ing working, why don't you ****ing make a god damn adjustment so Kesler can have someone to play with who won't constantly chip and chase and grind away)

Uggh I'm just done with his crap, him and these refs are the death of this team.

zackass.png

#254 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Tonight's refs can suck my socks.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#255 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Lindy ****ing Ruff

I'm tired of AV's crap.

This team gets embaressed and then we come back and come out flat again, never gets this team motivated to play, never gets this team prepared, makes the dumbest ****ing line-up decisions (Its clear putting 2 3rd liners with Kesler isn't ****ing working, why don't you ****ing make a god damn adjustment so Kesler can have someone to play with who won't constantly chip and chase and grind away)

Uggh I'm just done with his crap, him and these refs are the death of this team.

You'll be back. It's an addiction.

#256 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Send Kassian back to the Wolves, id rather him get Top line minutes there than 4th line minutes here. Plus we really don't have anywhere else to put him. We would have to demote either Higgins Raymond Booth or Hansen to the 4th for Kass to get promoted with a healthy forward roster. Call him up when a forward gets hurt.

#257 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Send Kassian back to the Wolves, id rather him get Top line minutes there than 4th line minutes here. Plus we really don't have anywhere else to put him. We would have to demote either Higgins Raymond Booth or Hansen to the 4th for Kass to get promoted with a healthy forward roster. Call him up when a forward gets hurt.

why does booth deserve a spot over him?
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#258 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Non of the above are any better.

Would take any of them over AV anyday.

Quinn and Ruff especially. Those guys can motivate players and gets teams ready to play.

stop blaming the coach too, your morons. There's not much out there right now. You guys are unbelievable.

Lol rather than call us all morons, I would love to hear a logical explanation from one of you AV supporters as to why he should remain the head coach of this club, every one that wants him gone, provides reasons, it would be nice for the opposite side of the debate to do the same rather than just trashing everyone who can see reality.

zackass.png

#259 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

You'll be back. It's an addiction.

:lol:

Yeah I'm not going anywhere, but I am going to remain extremely frustrating with the coaching of this club.

(Die hard fans can never leave the team behind)

zackass.png

#260 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

why does booth deserve a spot over him?

He came back from injury recently and is on the 3rd line. Booth has had many opportunities on that line as well, plus we're paying him 4m. Our 3rd line is a fast line, Kassian I wouldn't want on that line.

#261 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Lindy ****ing Ruff

I'm tired of AV's crap.

Man, you're the epitome of pessimism towards the Canucks. You should seriously consider getting laid. Get a life, dude, and stop trolling. :)
Posted Image

#262 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Would take any of them over AV anyday.

Quinn and Ruff especially. Those guys can motivate players and gets teams ready to play.

Lol rather than call us all morons, I would love to hear a logical explanation from one of you AV supporters as to why he should remain the head coach of this club, every one that wants him gone, provides reasons, it would be nice for the opposite side of the debate to do the same rather than just trashing everyone who can see reality.

See,,,youre' back already!

Bylsma did pretty good coming out of the junior leagues. There's lots of coaches out there that could be considered we don't evcen know of but I bet Gillis and the other GMs do.

Unless MG is willing to make some bold moves that could involve core players, the only change that is goinf to be significant to get this team playing at a higher level is to can the coaching staff.

Personally, aside from the Sedins (and right now Tanev) I would be willing to consider trading anyone on the roster if another GM had a piece that would shake things up.

This team plays too cerebral and seems to think that it can think and talent its way to victory. Not enough players willing to pay the price and leave it on the ice to get the win.

Club Canuck indeed.

#263 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Watching those post-game interviews I really notice the disconnect.

Hank says they played well.

Kes says it was one of their best 60 minute efforts this year (WTF?!!!) Then Garrison (the new guy) , says they have to get back to basics and find a way to play a full 60 minute game.

I'm starting to wonder if the old guard are just completely out of touch with how they used to play the game. Only the new guys sees how pathetic the effort is.

EDIT - It seems that every game they are talking about how the other team plays and how they have to adjust their game to compete. Hank touched on it tonight about how they can't play their style of hockey or "fan" hockey (stick handling etc) against a team like Phoenix.

When I listen to Chicago talk about preparing, they play their game and make the other team adjust. THey push the pace against teams like Phoenix and make them chase the puck, resulting in them breaking down the defensive shell and geting scoring chances.

THe Nucks used to set the pace for games or could change the pace when they needed to to catch up. They no longer appear to have the energy or ability/talent to do that.

This is one of the best (and only sane) posts I've read in this PGT.

My vote is energy. They have the ability, they show flashes of it throughout games, but for lack of a better word 'coast' too often. Before this season I have never, NEVER, been in the Fire AV reactionary camp but it seems like the last option left for lighting a fire under the team's ass.

I don't agree, at all, with the mentality of blowing the team up. MG has done a good job of setting us up for a (relatively) smooth transition phase. We have some quality talent on the way, with Tanev, Schoeder and Kassian already learning to play at the NHL level, and some more can be expected through trades (Luongo, Ballard, and our surplus of wingers) in the near future. And our current window, if you believe in such things, is still very much open. We just need a way to repurpose the current big guns. More and more I agree that's in the coaching.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't about AV's failures, it's more about the necessity of change. Magicians create new illusions, musicians write new material. We need to get ahead of the curve again.

#264 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,752 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Who has outplayed Kassian other than the Sedins and Burrows the last couple games.

When 90% of the team is playing poorly, it's unfair to single out a 2nd year player. He's not at the stage where he can carry a line. He needs other players to be rolling to help him out. No one on this team is rolling right now.

Kassian needs to be on the second line with Raymond and Kesler. At least him and Raymond can pass and set up Kesler.

I would try this next game:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Kassian
Higgins Schroeder Booth (the new AMEX)
Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#265 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I just chalk it up to the team being tired, this was what, their 4th game in 6 nights? Just relax Canucks fans, as long as we show up for LA on sat.

I wouldn't count on it, we have a habit of coming out flat.

LOL when will AV not get outcoached

Impossible.

From an outsiders perspective it doesn't look like the Canucks are playing with any sense of urgency on a consistent basis. There's no question the Canucks have some incredible talent on the team, but the motivation doesn't seem to be there. Something needs to wake these guys up and the overall team defense needs to improve.

Yeah, there is no motivation, this team needs a change, we need a shake-up we need a new look, new leadership, new discipline. No doubt for me that it would help us, it would get us focused.

We leetch off a weak division, then in the playoffs AV gets consistently outcoached, now when we need coaching to be at a premium in this abbreviated season, AV is nowhere to be found.

AV just gets defenders because "we have won the division" and "we won the presidents trophy". Toronto could win our division every year FFS, and our goaltending carried us to the PT last year.

This team has not been the same since the game last year against Boston, that is way too long for a team this deep, with this much talent to struggle. A change is needed, the voice has simply been lost, we need to bring in someone who will bring discipline and will get us ready to go, and that guy just recently got released. time for us to capitalize on the opportunity.

zackass.png

#266 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Who has outplayed Kassian other than the Sedins and Burrows the last couple games.

When 90% of the team is playing poorly, it's unfair to single out a 2nd year player. He's not at the stage where he can carry a line. He needs other players to be rolling to help him out. No one on this team is rolling right now.

Kassian needs to be on the second line with Raymond and Kesler. At least him and Raymond can pass and set up Kesler.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Kassian
Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

I wouldn't mess with the chemistry Schroeder and Raymond have and people will hate seeing Hansen on a 4th. Raymond as of late doesn't play well with Kesler even though they've had chemistry in the past. I don't think Hansen deserves to be demoted

Edited by p0o0o0f, 27 February 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#267 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

FU refs ... FU!

Aside from that.
Wow.
Do we have any motivation to win games at all?

What the frack how does this have 6 likes. I hate being painted with the same brush, and every Canucks fan blaming the "refs" every night is just ???? retarded.

We're not playing well.
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#268 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Kassian
Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

I would keep the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line intact, but I agree that Kassian should try playing with Kesler. Higgins is continuing to improve his shooting skills. I think Higgins should still be placed in the second line.
Posted Image

#269 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

What the frack how does this have 6 likes. I hate being painted with the same brush, and every Canucks fan blaming the "refs" every night is just ???? retarded.

We're not playing well.

We're not blaming the referees for tonight's loss. We're just saying they have missed some actions of the game that should obviously be considered penalties. Are you saying a punch to Burrows' face by Vermette should be uncalled for? :)
Posted Image

#270 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Man, you're the epitome of pessimism towards the Canucks. You should seriously consider getting laid. Get a life, dude, and stop trolling. :)

Didn't know pointing out the truth is pessimism.

Would you rather me come on with my head up my *** and act like everything is all hunky dory and like we are slam dunks for the cup this year?

I want a cup badly, fans have waited a long time, to me this is one of, if not the best team we have had, this is a golden opportunity at a cup, and I want every chance to grab it.

When you see the same problems being repeated for a year and a half without change, I think it is fair to be frustrated.

See,,,youre' back already!

Bylsma did pretty good coming out of the junior leagues. There's lots of coaches out there that could be considered we don't evcen know of but I bet Gillis and the other GMs do.

Unless MG is willing to make some bold moves that could involve core players, the only change that is goinf to be significant to get this team playing at a higher level is to can the coaching staff.

Personally, aside from the Sedins (and right now Tanev) I would be willing to consider trading anyone on the roster if another GM had a piece that would shake things up.

This team plays too cerebral and seems to think that it can think and talent its way to victory. Not enough players willing to pay the price and leave it on the ice to get the win.

Club Canuck indeed.

When I said "I'm done" I didn't mean I would leave, more than I was extremely frustrated that we continue to sit here and not make changes, but I can see how you can take it that way.

I think we would be willing to trade alot of players if they make us better and increase our chances at a cup, but really it is tough to get the right fit in a trade, I like our team, we just need to make changes and get these guys playing the way they can, thusfar AV has shown he isn't able to get this team to play up to there capabilites. This is a huge red flag for me, seeing as half the season is almost gone and we have a losing record against playoff competition.

This is one of the best (and only sane) posts I've read in this PGT.

My vote is energy. They have the ability, they show flashes of it throughout games, but for lack of a better word 'coast' too often. Before this season I have never, NEVER, been in the Fire AV reactionary camp but it seems like the last option left for lighting a fire under the team's ass.

I don't agree, at all, with the mentality of blowing the team up. MG has done a good job of setting us up for a (relatively) smooth transition phase. We have some quality talent on the way, with Tanev, Schoeder and Kassian already learning to play at the NHL level, and some more can be expected through trades (Luongo, Ballard, and our surplus of wingers) in the near future. And our current window, if you believe in such things, is still very much open. We just need a way to repurpose the current big guns. More and more I agree that's in the coaching.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't about AV's failures, it's more about the necessity of change. Magicians create new illusions, musicians write new material. We need to get ahead of the curve again.

I agree, no reason to blow this team up, the personel is good, we just need to get more energy, more intensity and more focus, we need to make better decisions and make some neccisary changes.

At the very least if we don't fire AV, atleast bring someone else in to replace Bowness and/or Brown.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 27 February 2013 - 01:10 AM.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.