The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames

Beluga Whale

It is snowing more then I've ever seen in Calgary right now.. I've never had to shovel this much snow and it's been over the period of like 4 hours!!!!

Also, it's my birthday and I have tickets to this game it better not get postponed!!

Fair enough, but its worth mentioning how much better the aircraft are maintained and monitored here than over in some parts of Europe, nevermind the fact that the aircraft here are that much newer.. if my memory serves me correctly, some of the airplanes that the KHL use for travel are antiquated and the risk of flight trouble increases sharply the older the plane is. But I'm no aeronautics expert, just recall hearing all about it after the lokomotiv tragedy.

Absolutely. The charter planes used by the NHL are presumably in much better condition than those used by the KHL. Still, weather can sometimes wreak havoc on even the most well maintained crafts

Fair enough, but its worth mentioning how much better the aircraft are maintained and monitored here than over in some parts of Europe, nevermind the fact that the aircraft here are that much newer.. if my memory serves me correctly, some of the airplanes that the KHL use for travel are antiquated and the risk of flight trouble increases sharply the older the plane is. But I'm no aeronautics expert, just recall hearing all about it after the lokomotiv tragedy.

Just to make sure everyone is aware. Russia is not considered a part of Europe in general. Great NHL caliber player etc. But the way of life and how they conduct themselves there and visiting abroad makes me wan't to point out that it's not a european country. Eastern-european is even stretching it. Although it is both asian and european, I (and general opinion) still consider it a country of it's own. We are bordered with mother russia, and I can say the cultural differences explode in your face just by crossing the border.

With that out of the way, I can say that the airplanes there in their domestic traffic are at times poorly maintained. Not been on sight to see how they work, but have so much inside intel on that so that I know to stay away from any aircraft. This was not exactly the case Lokomotiv plane-crash. There was human error involved, as well as falsified piloting documents and basically two pilots not qualified to fly a plane that size and model.

I live in calgary and supposed to watch the nucks at the saddledome tonigh. Weather here is ugly!80km wind and hard snow comming down. I bought my tickets from kijiji off a season ticket holder. If game is happening on monday do i use the same tickets or am i now screwed and they print new tickets back to the season ticket holder

Archived