The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Datsyuk's 3 year in a row Selkes and his consistency before and after is not comparable to Kesler's career. Kesler was great in 2010-11, but not before and not after, and the outlook is very dismal. He is a good checking centre that on any elite team wouldn't make it passed 3rd line.

Kesler certainly isn't the same as he was when he scored 40. Could definitely regain Selke form but I think the 40 goal seasons are behind him.

That said, I hope I'm wrong and feel free to make fun of me next season when he gets 42!

Well expecting a second line center to be a 40 goal scorer isn't that realistic anyways.

Alot of teams don't even have a 40 goals scorer on their top line, let alone on their second line.

If he can be a 25-30 goal scoring, 70+ point two way player again, that would be fantastic IMO.

Datsyuk's 3 year in a row Selkes and his consistency before and after is not comparable to Kesler's career. Kesler was great in 2010-11, but not before and not after, and the outlook is very dismal. He is a good checking centre that on any elite team wouldn't make it passed 3rd line.

Alot of Canucks fans mentality appears to be:

Player has a career year.

Doesn't reach that total the following season.

That player sucks. He's on the decline.

Trade him while we still can.

Expecting him to reach the 40 goal plateau again is just naive and unrealistic. It's like fans put these players on pedestals when they have great seasons, and then tear them down when they don't match that season.

Saying he'll never be back to his old form is ridiculous, when you think that 40 goals is his form. That was his career year. They call it a career year for a reason. Because that's the best they've ever put up, and in Kesler's case that very well could be the best he puts up in his career, which is fine. He's still likely going to be a 60-70 point shutdown centerman, which is great to have on any team.

I think if Ottawa drops out of the playoff race, Gonchar and Alfredsson IMO are the two players that would put us over the top. Gonchar would be that veteran presence on the blueline and would give our PP a tremendous boost. And Alfie well, what do I need to say? Aging vet thats still producing, and he could finish his career off Ray Bourque style with a Cup.

Sedin - Sedin - Alfredsson

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Kassian - Schroeder - Raymond

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Gonchar - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

Alot of Canucks fans mentality appears to be:

Player has a career year.

Doesn't reach that total the following season.

That player sucks. He's on the decline.

Trade him while we still can.

Expecting him to reach the 40 goal plateau again is just naive and unrealistic. It's like fans put these players on pedestals when they have great seasons, and then tear them down when they don't match that season.

Saying he'll never be back to his old form is ridiculous, when you think that 40 goals is his form. That was his career year. They call it a career year for a reason. Because that's the best they've ever put up, and in Kesler's case that very well could be the best he puts up in his career, which is fine. He's still likely going to be a 60-70 point shutdown centerman, which is great to have on any team.

I want this team to have to work for every point they get this year. I am hoping that Minny pushs them to the end of the season. They have to be able to close out a game. Shift from a puck possession/transition game to a up and down shutdown game. Playoff hockey in March!

Seriously...?

This bothers me a lot. Yes, Luongo has had a fair share of poor showings in the playoffs but it had a fair bit of the team quitting on him as well as the game and the D-core hanging him out to dry, that attributed to his "meltdowns"

Also had two shutouts in the Finals though, lead us through the Nashville series (yes, the one Kesler gets ALL the credit for) and pretty much was going to win the Conn Smyth had his team showed up in game seven.

Calling him a seive in the playoffs is laughable!

But yes........what has he done for you lately.

Lets get Boyle out of NYR! big body, 3rd line center, has a bit of offesive upside and having a terrible year so im guessing we could get him on the cheap. The rangers are obviously panicking if they make moves like picking up hamerlick and that contract of his.

Archived