The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

Very good game, seriously, WOW!

That's the team I remember!

The only thing we need back is our PP

Also AV, I get you want to juggle the lines to get something going... well guess what, it looks like they're going!

Lets try:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Shroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Raymond - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Garrison

Alberts - Barker

PP1:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Edler - Garrison

PP2:

Raymond - Shroeder - Hansen

Hamhuis - Barker

Goaltending is not the problem. Even our shaky D hasn't been costing us games for the most part.

We're only playing with two effective lines right now. And our special teams are not giving us any sort of edge.

Both of those things can be solved with some good coaching. Your move AV.

On a positive note, we have the toughest captain in the league. Proud canuck moment watching him take a full on slap shot to the mouth, lay him out, pop back up instantly and come back out next shift and create scoring chances. uneffingbelievable!!

Well done Hank, couldn't ask for a better leader.

I see what you are saying but I feel like AV hasnt put Shroeder in a position to succeed. Shorider has done a great job of playing defensively and backchecking that AV thinks for some strange reason, that is Shroeder's strngth.

Shroder should be with guys like Kassian and Booth, big fast guys with hand that he can set up.

There's a reason he clicked so well with JVR for team USA. But hey what do I know...

Maybe playing with Weise is best for his development

On a positive note, we have the toughest captain in the league. Proud canuck moment watching him take a full on slap shot to the mouth, lay him out, pop back up instantly and come back out next shift and create scoring chances. uneffingbelievable!!

Well done Hank, couldn't ask for a better leader.

Higgins, Hansen, Raymond was the best line on the team.

Sedins were good but didn't dominate and it was Henrik's fault on the SH goal.

Garrison is getting into a groove.

Barker played well.

Hamhuis was average.

Ballard was very good hope his injury is not serious.

Edler was terrible. Didn't control the puck, gave it away, terrible shootout move.....

Schneider played great he just let in that weak one on Burish.

Did not notice Sestito at all.

Booth and Kassian are starting to develop chemistry but knowing AV he will split them up.

Those are my notes on the game.

The only thing that's giving me hope right now is that we're playing like LA did mid-way through last season and entering the post-season. And, well, we all know what happened once they made the playoffs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this team just has too much talent to suck. Blame is on the COACHES. Whether it's picking people for the shootout, strategies on the PP, it has to CHANGE.

I will really start crying if we don't come out of the next three games with a positive record (They play Columbus, Minnesota, then Columbus again.)

Yep, Schroeder has not been put in a position to succeed. He's been doing everything the coaches want from him, yet he's being played with scrubs.

I hope it doesn't turn into another situation where we trade this guy while his value is low and then he goes onto become a star like Hodgson and Grabner. If he's not part of the teams future, at least boost his value so you can get something worthwhile for him.

What a game. I think I stopped breathing at least 5 times during that one!

PP came close but needs to finish better

Not a fan of Schroeder (or any other fwd) playing the point on the PP. Gosh we miss Bieksa

Glad Hank is ok after being hit in the face by the puck. After what happened to Marc Staal, that freaked me out.

Liking the chemistry of the Hansen, Higgins, Raymond trio

Edler was horrid again. He's been the benefactor of 2 big contracts from the Canucks but he's starting to creep into the "overrated" category

Booth is the biggest waste of money. It's a shame he makes $4 mill to do that.

Canucks have to score more than once in the shootout. These loser points could be the difference in a more competitive division. Even in the NW, Minny is making a push. We have to collect more points in the shootouts.

No killer instinct, this isnt a team team with that fight anymore, no cardiac kids with that fight and crucial goals that made me a believer. I miss the excitement factor, the teams heart and game have changed for the worse.

Archived