Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Ripper

Tanev on the PP?

46 posts in this topic

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/03/07/tanevs-worth-a-try-on-canucks-ailing-power-play/

Please tell me this is some kind of a joke!?!

Really, Tanev? I love the kid, but are we really going to throw him on the power play before Garisson?

Nothing should surprise me I guess. Edler keeps getting ice time while Ballard sits and Raymand and Schroeder don't get a shot in the shootout.

Tanev isn't gonna shoot!!! teams will know that and key in on him to take the puck away then ice it. AV'S LOST HIS MIND !!!

I'd rather have Tanev than 2 shooter like Edler and Garrison together. When they get the puck, the Sedins never sees it again. It's either a blocked shot or a turnover.

Tanev isn't gonna shoot!!! teams will know that and key in on him to take the puck away then ice it. AV'S LOST HIS MIND !!!

This is a suggestion of one of the Province scribblers - not something from AV.

As usual, the Province - not much of a source for hockey news.

AV is on to something, didn't you know? Tanev is the next Nicklas Lidstrom :frantic:

Tanev's shot, though it's gotten better, still leaves something to be desired. But I think people are underestimating his vision, he can make some nifty passes.

0 for 15 last 6 games, pp around 20th place, why not! B)

He's earned it.

This.

At least give it a try. Right now every option needs to be explored. Maybe Ballard if Tanev won't work?

Tanev feeding Garrison is better than anybody feeding Edler right now, dude is in a fog lately.

To everyone who thinks this is a bad idea, IMAGINE is his shot improves how good he will be :frantic:

You don't need to put it through the back of the net to be effective on the point. Good puck distribution and getting the puck on net is more important. Let guys like Kassian pick up the rebounds and block the goalie. Tanev has excelled at everything else, why not.