462 replies to this topic

#181 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Was it just me or was AV laughing at his players on the bench after the first Wild goal 20 seconds in? If that's the case he's gotta go , that's crap for a coach to act like that. I would have been frickin pissed off and totally yelling at my d@mn team!

Edited by Hockey Fever, 10 March 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#182 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Was it just me or was AV laughing at his players on the bench after the first Wild goal 20 seconds in? If that's the case he's gotta go , that's crap for a coach to act like that. I would have been frickin pissed off and totally yelling my d@mn team!

he was laughing before the game

#183 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts

POPULAR

I apologize to everyone I've argued with in previous threads. I am officially in the worried camp.

but deb if your worried or upset at the teams play as of late that means your a bandwagoner according to cdc

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#184 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

woops

Edited by rampage, 10 March 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#185 galpin99

galpin99

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

don't worry, after Tuesday we could be out a playoff spot. We can then hopefully draft a couple more Swedes and add acouple more American's from Florida and really go into the tank. We do not like skikked Canadian leader, AKA CoHo

#186 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

how many times has lou let in 8 goals in his career, 7 or more in the playoffs

how many times has schnieder done that?

end of story

if your sad argument is schnieder didnt give the team a chance to win you weren't watching the game. you weren't watching how lou gave chicago 3 games in 2011 and gave the series to boston and la

take your blinders off and your lou soother out of your mouth

Come on!

You can't compare Luo's numbers with Schneiders. What has he played like 50 games?

Luo did not give Chicago 3 games but going by your logic he also took 4 away from them.

#187 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

How many times has Schnedier won a playoff series? What's his record? 1-3? How many seasons has he played the vast majority of games? Has his play gotten better or worse since this season came around and he was thought of as the starter? How many times has he played 50+ games in a season? How was Schenider in that Chicago series? Oh that's right you forgot that Schneider coughed up the puck twice and then got beaten in a penalty shot and hurt himself in game 6. That would be 2 games to Chicago then for Luongo.

#188 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

how many games has Schneider played in the playoffs?

you seriously have the weakest arguments i have ever seen in my life and you act like you know what you're talking about it's hilarious

buddy put some skates on, learn to play hockey and you'd KNOW for a fact, fundamentally Schnieder is a better goalie

I have stated why on many posts throughout this site. Look it up.

Look you love Lou, great, you're a fan. I like Lou as well, but doesn't change the fact Schnieder is younger, cheaper and better.

If you'd ever played the game, you'd get that. Most people who have played the game at a high level understand that.

Those who simply have sat in the stands dont.

#189 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

how many games has Schneider played in the playoffs?

you seriously have the weakest arguments i have ever seen in my life and you act like you know what you're talking about it's hilarious.

If Luongo had played tonight and let in 4 goals you would be all over him, pls go

totally agree

#190 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Why don't we try David Booth with the Sedins? He's a power forward who's not afraid to go to the net, he's got a lot of speed, and it might be able to get him going a bit (as far as scoring goals go).

Sedin - Sedin - Booth
Burrows - Raymond - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian
4th line.

#191 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

How many times has Schnedier won a playoff series? What's his record? 1-3? How many seasons has he played the vast majority of games? Has his play gotten better or worse since this season came around and he was thought of as the starter? How many times has he played 50+ games in a season? How was Schenider in that Chicago series? Oh that's right you forgot that Schneider coughed up the puck twice and then got beaten in a shootout and hurt himself in game 6. That would be 2 games to Chicago then for Luongo.

I love the how many times has he played 50 plus games...well you have to let him to find out dont you?

Such an imbecilic argument.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 10 March 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#192 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Was it just me or was AV laughing at his players on the bench after the first Wild goal 20 seconds in? If that's the case he's gotta go , that's crap for a coach to act like that. I would have been frickin pissed off and totally yelling at my d@mn team!

Meh, Tortorella does that all the time.

It's more of a, WTF guys?

I'm sure alot of fans had the same reaction.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#193 Kakanucks

Kakanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

does every thread have to turn into a luongo vs schneider thread?

schneider let in a few goals, but he also made some really critical saves to try to give his team a chance to tie the game.

GOALTENDING IS THE LAST THING WE SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT RIGHT NOW!!!

but don't worry "Luongo Lovers" or whatever some of you would like to be called, luongo will most likely get the next game anyways, so please spare us the schneider sucks omg, luongo is much better posts to yourselves.

i would like to talk about overall team effort.....which was nowhere to be found for 50 min.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#194 Fudd

Fudd

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

The Canucks were just scrambling all over the place the whole game. And not in a good way.

Everything looked pretty sloppy. The PP is horrible right now.

We've got to take Edler off the 1st unit and replace him with someone who will actually give Garrison a chance to let it rip.

Where's the urgency? We've got the talent but what the hell is going on off ice to make the Canucks look so lost?

#195 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

buddy put some skates on, learn to play hockey and you'd KNOW for a fact, fundamentally Schnieder is a better goalie

Look you love Lou, great, you're a fan. I like Lou as well, but doesn't change the fact Schnieder is younger, cheaper and better.

If you'd ever played the game, you'd get that. Most people who have played the game at a high level understand that.

oh I see you're a guy who played in the minors and thinks that makes you an expert lol.

if he's fundamentally better why are his numbers worse across the board? make excuses about the team playing bad all you want Luongo has the exact same team playing in front of him when he plays

playing Junior B doesn't make you a pro or an expert get your head out of your ass

Edited by Primus099, 10 March 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#196 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Looks like the players have stopped playing for coach V.

Definitely possible. Apparently the Canucks were doing push-ups in practice, when screwing up on PP. It might be a sign that AV may be losing his mojo a little bit.

Our players are neither blind, nor stupid. AV is very stubborn in his ways and favors his protégées (of which some are not stellar by any stretch, e.g. Edler). Some contracts are probably creating some tension in the room, in spite of everyone obeying to the "code of silence". The goalie situation is stressful. The Malhotra situation might have been a little disruptive too.

IMHO, we need a "2012 LA" solution here. If MG is unwilling to shake things up, then he has to go too. Used to be a huge fan of MG, but not anymore after looking at the team we have (and its results) vs. cap spent, compared to the main contenders in the West (CHI, ANA, LAK). Which leads me to the guts of the problem - Canucks Ownership. Unfortunately, I believe that the problem runs that deep - the owners have become too complacent and seem happy with the uninterrupted sellout streak at Rogers. So if we're lucky and they wake up, don't dismiss the possibility of something major coming down in the following weeks.

Please don't counter this after a win or two in the next games (if we're lucky). I am thinking "Stanley Cup" here. Sadly, at this particular moment in time, I think we have a "fat" 0-chance to win it this year.

#197 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

but deb if your worried or upset at the teams play as of late that means your a bandwagoner according to cdc

Canucks fans say: I'm concerned about the team and hope they pull it together.

Bandwagoners say: This team sucks! They need to do exactly what my dumb, ignorant ass says or they'll continue to be failures!! I am entitled to having a cup-winning team in my city because the world revolves around me. Wah wah wah.

#198 fourminute

fourminute

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I apologize to everyone I've argued with in previous threads. I am officially in the worried camp.

fellow canuck no cry no fear yes hope :)
Posted Image

#199 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Canucks tied for 19th in wins. Thankfully we play in a weak division or we could easily be 27th or worse.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 10 March 2013 - 08:29 PM.

13yl1g7.jpg

#200 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

This is the only argument that you've made that is accurate.

The rest is just garbage. People might start to take you seriously if you stopped belittling them.

#201 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,525 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

You know what? Seeing this actually makes me even MORE worried than I already was........you are usually so unshakable......

#202 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

how much u pay him?

1 mil. Less than kassian
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#203 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

does every thread have to turn into a luongo vs schneider thread?

schneider let in a few goals, but he also made some really critical saves to try to give his team a chance to tie the game.

GOALTENDING IS THE LAST THING WE SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT RIGHT NOW!!!

but don't worry "Luongo Lovers" or whatever some of you would like to be called, luongo will most likely get the next game anyways, so please spare us the schneider sucks omg, luongo is much better posts to yourselves.

i would like to talk about overall team effort.....which was nowhere to be found for 50 min.

Agreed, its unbelievable how stupid some people are even suggesting goaltending was the issue tonight.

But their argument is ooh all you schnieder lovers would rail on Lou!

Actually no, most of the people on here want the canucks to win regardless of who is in net. And when the team stinks out the joint as the did in detroit, here tonight, 'so called schnieder lovers' weren't saying Oh lou cost us the game.

But it makes them feel better as you say

I think these idiots would rather the canucks lose with schnieder in net from some sort of adolescent, imbelicic vegeful attitude that their hero is not number 1 anymore.

It shows the level of maturity, intelligence, and definitely a lack of knowledge of hockey.

well said

#204 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Canucks fans say: I'm concerned about the team and hope they pull it together.

Bandwagoners say: This team sucks! They need to do exactly what my dumb, ignorant ass says or they'll continue to be failures!! I am entitled to having a cup-winning team in my city because the world revolves around me. Wah wah wah.

its a good thing I don't live in Vancouver...

That was a close one, almost seemed like you were talking about me for a moment haha

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#205 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

With every loss comes a larger chance that MG will do something.. so that's something to look forward to, right? :/

#206 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

oh I see you're a guy who played in the minors and thinks that makes you an expert lol.

if he's fundamentally better why are his numbers worse across the board? make excuses about the team playing bad all you want Luongo has the exact same team playing in front of him when he plays

playing Junior B doesn't make you a pro or an expert get your head out of your ass

its alot higher than playing nhl 13 champ and it was higher

#207 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

I think the only way that this team will wake up is a big trade. Firing Newell Brown would be a good start.

As much as fans want to simplify the problems with this team by making it a Lou vs Schneids issue that isn't even close. Goaltending is not the issue! Get real people. Instead of looking for that one player that rides to the rescue IMO the issue is deeper.

The Twins dominate the thinking surrounding this whole team. From the players who play with them to the type of offensive strategy used down thru the roster. What d-man is best at making that breakout pass. I am not suggesting that two very talented players should not be highly regarded. My question is whether they have been coached to the benefit of the primary goal of winning a CUP. Was it a better coaching decision to split them up on different lines and reunite them for the PP?

Is the simplier issue more that this team has not had a 2nd line in how many seasons? I have never liked a 'run & gun' or a 'puck possession' game but admit that when it was working I loved it. My issue has always been CUP quality defences which tend to shut them down. Sometimes the north/south game is what works. Van hasn't had a shutdown game since Manny in 2011. I have to blame coaching for this.

After all this I also acknowledge, as an org, Van has been challenged for decades. No talent depth and those they had were rushed into the NHL.

#208 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Overrated Gillis made this team way worse from the team that went to the finals.

Where's Salo, Erhoff, Torres, Hodgson, Volpatti.

Why is Booth and his 4+ mil cap hit still on this team!?
What a joke signing overrated Garrison to a LONG TERM deal with NTC but wont give Salo, Erhoff, Torres a bit of raise or extra year.

#209 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

This looks familiar...08-09
Watch them go on a franchise record winning streak again =D

#210 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

What is with this bandwagon talk?! Are people climbing on the bandwagon that is hurtling out of control down the ravine?

People usually jump on the bandwagon of winners, not teams playing poorly and losing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.