324 replies to this topic

#181 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

LOL anybody see the Pens game? We are no where near their level of play.

We weren't anywhere near their level of play when they were getting the first overall pick for a few years there. How many other teams have NEVER had a first overall (too lazy to research ;))

#182 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Wut?

Yup. that did come out quite funny. Pretty sure that was meant to say...

The rule is not continuous forward motion or you couldn't pull the puck back to your backhand. It's continuous forward motion. The league ruled on this a couple of years ago when Raymond and a couple of others tried it.

#183 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

He meant the rule is continuous motion. Doesn't have to be forward motion.

But but that's not what he said. :frantic:
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#184 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,601 posts

They really weren't that much better tonight. Columbus only had 5 less shots than Minnesota did last game.

Luongo was the biggest reason we won tonight, not even comparable to Cory last game sorry

enough is enough why do we have to do this every freaking game just put a sock in it already both goalies are playing good right now luongo showed up when it counted in the shootout and its nice to see going forward after his calgary and detroit games

#185 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,654 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

It's a start but nowhere close to a good game by us

Where has the skill and speed gone? Where has the puck pursuit and efficiency gone?

I hope this is the start of a turnaround that we can build on, and not just a one win type of a scenario.

Great game Lu. Good for him to get the win
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#186 ro0

ro0

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

When your team only scores 1 goal and still wins, then your goalie had alot to do with it. plain and simple

Canucks outshot the Jackets 38-27. Their goalie had alot to do with them staying in the game.

Is she a dress wearer or a pants wearer? Could you share a rowboat? Could a rowboat support her? Would an average size rowboat support her without capsizing?

#187 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

enough is enough why do we have to do this every freaking game just put a sock in it already both goalies are playing good right now luongo showed up when it counted in the shootout and its nice to see going forward after his calgary and detroit games

because every time Luongo had an outstanding game someone comes in talking about Cory and trying to downplay how good Luongo has just played

If people did it to Schneider after his good games I would defend him too, but that doesn't happen. interesting

#188 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,401 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.c...al-blue-jackets

Those who are saying Luongo didn't steal this game, please read the recap.

Canucks gave up 15 scoring chances tonight, 14 were high quality. 15 scoring chances against is pretty normal, so the D did their job. But you'd normally see more than 1 goal against in a night like this. Luongo stole the show, easily.

Again, Canucks only created 7 scoring chances. Which is a bust of all busts. What the hell is wrong with this team?

#189 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Pretty sad the jubilation over beating the league doormats. What have we become? The fact this game went to a shootout is deplorable. The Canucks desperately need a massive wake up call. Nice to get a win but I won't jump around and plan the parade after beating Columbus.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#190 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

because every time Luongo had an outstanding game someone comes in talking about Cory and trying to downplay how good Luongo has just played

If people did it to Schneider after his good games I would defend him too, but that doesn't happen. interesting

Actually if you go back through the thread it was about a half dozen Lou lovers trumpeting off about how much better he is than Cory that got this started.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

#191 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Seriously tired of your mindless comments, you are not fooling anyone. Everyone know you are the biggest Schnieder fanboy out there, and are pretty close to a Lu hater not supporter. I swear whenever you claim to "support" Lu there is something negative after it. Luongo did pretty much steal this game quite a few spectacular saves, that said Schnieder also steals games for us.

Alright say what you like.

Just because I defend Schneider against Lu fan boys, and don't act like Luongo's meltdowns have never happened make me a hater?

I have defended Luongo in the past aswell, I defend both and like both, that being said I think Cory is the best choice moving forward for both sides.

Just ask Riveria, I've gotten into a few debates with him in the past on Luongo before, me defending Lu.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 12 March 2013 - 08:00 PM.

zackass.png

#192 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

They really weren't that much better tonight, definitely not defensively. Columbus only had 5 less shots than Minnesota did last game.

Luongo was the biggest reason we won tonight, not even comparable to Cory last game sorry

Glad you didn't watch last game, Cory made just as many big saves. The team in this game were 100x's better than last game, if this team played the way they did tonight, last game, Cory would have gotten the W.

I don't think tonights outcome would have changed had Cory been in net.

Although I do think Lu should start the next game for sure.

zackass.png

#193 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,750 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Is "buzz" the new word for mind-numbing concern at the way this team is playing? If so, my buzz can't be harshed......

I was going to say 'harsh your mellow' but I know CDC better than that.

My buzz is just a low........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#194 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Glad you didn't watch last game, Cory made just as many big saves. The team in this game were 100x's better than last game, if this team played the way they did tonight, last game, Cory would have gotten the W.

We scored more goals last game than we did this game. Cory let in one soft goal Luongo didn't let in any tonight.

Not trying to get into a pissing match with you but I don't get where you're drawing your comparisons from. Schneider was far from the only reason we lost last game but Luongo was better tonight

Edited by Primus099, 12 March 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#195 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,750 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Was thinking the same. A W is nice and I'm happy for the points but nothing changed much from what has been ailing this team. I wil say thery were more physical than they have been.

Columbus had better scoring chances but missed some golden opportunities otherwise this game never sees OT.

Stillv ery concerned but it does feel better than a loss no matter how they got it done.

Agreed.

Anyone who thinks a win or three means we solved our problems is watching the same ice but seeing a different game than me.

I ask myself this question...."Who is a take charge player on the ice?"

#196 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Alright say what you like.

Just because I defend Schneider against Lu fan boys, and don't act like Luongo's meltdowns have never happened make me a hater?

I have defended Luongo in the past aswell, I defend both and like both, that being said I think Cory is the best choice moving forward for both sides.

Just ask Riveria, I've gotten into a few debates with him in the past on Luongo before, me defending Lu.

Going forward the best choice is trading Schneider soon. We tried trading Luongo, didn't work out. Lu is playing well and clearly hasn't gone down hill.

Trade Schneider, better return, lower contract and age is appealing to other gm's clearly. Better for him if he goes
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#197 CTHcanuck

CTHcanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Boring. Boring Boring. Forced into OT AGAIN and by Columbus no less. When was the last time the Canucks have won in regulation? Starting to worry now.

#198 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Give it to Luongo now to run with for a few games, if he plays this well there should be little doubt as to who the starter is

Lou is getting traded, Schnieder is better, good for Lou, upping his trade value.

#199 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

what the heck are you smoking? 100x's better reallyyy???
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#200 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

The rule is not continuous forward motion or you couldn't pull the puck back to your backhand. It's continuous forward motion. The league ruled on this a couple of years ago when Raymond and a couple of others tried it.

Quote from the NHL rule book:

The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.

The spin-o-rama type move where the player completes a 360° turn as he approaches the goal, shall be permitted as this involves continuous motion.

so Raymond was still in "continuous motion" and the puck did remain in motion towards the goal, even if slowly.

So GOOD GOAL!

But I DO have a beef with that shootout winning goal that Cory lost. I think it was the Sharks game.
Pavelski shot the puck, and Cory stopped it. Then he swept it in with is pad or skate. So the puck did come to a stop. So at that point the play is DEAD. It doesn't matter if the goalie stands up bats it into the net himself after, once the puck is stopped the play should be OVER!. To be fair the ref was behind the play and could not definitively see that the puck was stopped. But IMO he should have assumed it based on the delay until the puck eventually crossed the line.

#201 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Lou is getting traded, Schnieder is better, good for Lou, upping his trade value.

lol haha oh yeah this must have been another "showcase game" for Lu!!
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#202 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Boring. Boring Boring. Forced into OT AGAIN and by Columbus no less. When was the last time the Canucks have won in regulation? Starting to worry now.

Get this through your head Columbus is playing great hockey right now they are 5-0-1 in their last 6 games and Bob has stolen a few games for them

also its hilarious that even after a win people still wanna hit the panic button and blow up the team

#203 404error

404error

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

At this point the Canucks aren't going to gain much from a win. There is something quite wrong going on. I don't know if the players don't get along anymore, or the coaching staff has lost the team, or if the players have no faith in management. What I do know is that a roster like this should not be struggling the way it has been, even with the injuries. Anything less than .500 hockey from this club is unacceptable.
As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time.

#204 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Canucks outshot the Jackets 38-27. Their goalie had alot to do with them staying in the game.

Come on did you watch the game? If you did youd know that the vast majority of those shots were from thr blue line or in close where they tried to smack it in up agains the post. Not a great stat to use to make your point.. the canucks had very low amount of real chances because they are playing miserable.

#205 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

But I DO have a beef with that shootout winning goal that Cory lost. I think it was the Sharks game.
Pavelski shot the puck, and Cory stopped it. Then he swept it in with is pad or skate. So the puck did come to a stop. So at that point the play is DEAD. It doesn't matter if the goalie stands up bats it into the net himself after, once the puck is stopped the play should be OVER!. To be fair the ref was behind the play and could not definitively see that the puck was stopped. But IMO he should have assumed it based on the delay until the puck eventually crossed the line.

I thought the same thing on that goal.
Posted Image

#206 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

We scored more goals last game than we did this game. Cory let in one soft goal Luongo didn't let in any tonight.

Not trying to get into a pissing match with you but I don't get where you're drawing your comparisons from. Schneider was far from the only reason we lost last game but Luongo was better tonight

We got 1 more goal.

If you think Schneider was the reason we lost last game go back and watch last nights game, he played fine, not excellent, but good enough for us to win if we think we can be as good as we have shown in the past. The rest of the team didn't play fine, and that was our downfall.

what the heck are you smoking? 100x's better reallyyy???

Did you see last game? Minnesota out worked us and out hustled us and outplayed us.

Our game tonight was 100x's better.

zackass.png

#207 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

We got 1 more goal.

If you think Schneider was the reason we lost last game go back and watch last nights game

Schneider was far from the only reason we lost last game

i don't

Edited by Primus099, 12 March 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#208 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Going forward the best choice is trading Schneider soon. We tried trading Luongo, didn't work out. Lu is playing well and clearly hasn't gone down hill.

Trade Schneider, better return, lower contract and age is appealing to other gm's clearly. Better for him if he goes

Trade Luongo, ditch the contract, move forward with the younger guy.

Nothing against Lu but it is better for us to ditch the contract with the cap coming down, and Cory is a better option moving into the future.

Plus Lu has already made it known he would prefer to move on, so nothing against him. He has been great for us, but it is whats best for both sides.

zackass.png

#209 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,750 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

We got 1 more goal.

If you think Schneider was the reason we lost last game go back and watch last nights game, he played fine, not excellent, but good enough for us to win if we think we can be as good as we have shown in the past. The rest of the team didn't play fine, and that was our downfall.

Did you see last game? Minnesota out worked us and out hustled us and outplayed us.

Our game tonight was 100x's better.

We played better but only in a few areas.

The only major difference was the final score. We played the game of a mediocre team trying to scrape out a win. This was the hockey like we used to play in Lou's first year which is not commiserate when compared to the rosters. This team, this talented team, sucks right now.

We're a long way from playing well.

Edited by theminister, 12 March 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#210 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

lol haha oh yeah this must have been another "showcase game" for Lu!!

yup....exactly...he is upping his trade value nicely for us...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.