The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Slowly losing my faith in the game

Dak72

I blame the refs. Of course, al though they have been playing like crap (Canucks) but yes, the refs has screwed us over at times.

You have to understand, A call against Vancouver is 2 minutes we will never get back, and it's 2 minutes we will never score.

You guys have to look at it at bigger point of view. There are multiple times that a call can be made, and it might alter the result of the game, for example, if ref have xxx call, at that time, Detroit would have probably not had that powerplay that made it 2-1. 3 straight calls went against Vancouver tonight at quite a crucial time, a 1-1 tie, thats 6 minutes of short handed time were won't score a damn goal. So pretty much, 6 minutes out of the first 30 minutes our hands were tied.

You know, right now I can really rest in peace as the Canucks have not won the STanley cup. But they day the win the cup is the day I really stop carring about this team because of the officiating.

I honestly thought every team was suffering from bad calls this season, but lately the Canucks have been getting one or two phantom calls per game which is rediculous.

Last game when Bieksa was called for a slash on a player that fell down was one of the worst. Tonight Burrows' high stick on the powerplay never touched the guy, in fact Burrows gets a crosscheck to the face. Then there was Henrik's "cross check" moments after one of our defencemen gets boarded right in the "danger zone" a few feet away from the boards - often called a major boarding.

Nothing is going right for the Canucks right now. Bounces are going in off our players and the calls are all going against them. Hopefully this is just a mid-season rut because I'd hate for unlucky bounces and shocking reffing to lead to the Canucks missing the playoffs.

holy frack stop complaining about the refs, we aren't the only team that has to deal with bad officials every team does.

stop making excuses the fact is we are starting our decline, we missed our chance to win the cup in 2011 and will now go though another phase of suck (like every team does) as our star players start to get older and retire. in another 10-15 years maybe we'll get back to the finals again, that's about what our pattern is

I'll stop whining about the officiating when it actually improves to a professional level. Sadly, nothing will get done about it because the officials are bullet proof. If the players are held accountable, coaches held accountable, GM's held accountable, then the officiating should also be held accountable.

Whiny BS about officiating never helps anything. Yes they're inconsistent at times, and yes they make weak calls. Other teams get screwed over too you know.

Even if we weren't last in the league for # of power-plays and all that, our PP has been utterly useless recently so it'd be a moot point probably anyway. Also, your quote is utterly unreadable. Even when I pasted it in notepad to read it instead of the ridiculous horizontal scrolling, it was just a wall of text with 0 grammar and punctuation. If you're going to put in the effort to make the thread, at least make the main point you're trying to get across readable to others. THANKS.

Thanks Xereau.

I'll stop whining about the officiating when it actually improves to a professional level. Sadly, nothing will get done about it because the officials are bullet proof. If the players are held accountable, coaches held accountable, GM's held accountable, then the officiating should also be held accountable. This is why there are replay reviews and coaches challenges in other professional sports.

Archived