Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

If Booth has longterm injury he may be ineligible for amnesty buyout.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Remember when The Canadiens were going to sit Gomez all year just to make sure he wouldn't get hurt which might stop them from be able to buy him out.

The NHL and NHLPA ended up letting him be bought out immediately in order to have the chance to play elsewhere but I don't think the amnesty buyout rules have changed. If Booth is still hurt in July then I don't believe the Canucks are allowed to use one of their amensty buyouts on him. He still has 2 years left after this season at $4.25Million cap hit per and he has to be the leading candidates to be one of the two buyouts.

I pray he is better by July.

Edited by gradin123, 17 March 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#2 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

he'll be fine. they aren't going to buy him out.

i may br drunk, but i can surprisingly spell decently
sense is made fo shizzzle

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#3 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

He got paid $4.5 Million this year and probably will finish with 1 empty net goal. How the hell could the Canucks justify bringing him back at that cap hit for 2 more years if they can get out of it?

#4 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

POPULAR

He tries hard, and seems like a good guy, but he just doesn't seem to fit here. It seems like he's either in a slump or hurt.

If he got paid around $2.5 million it might be worth the risk to keep him. However at $4.5 million and plus the salary cap is going down, he has to go.

#5 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

POPULAR

"check it out man im so wasted XD lol!1!1!"

embarrassing post

#6 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

POPULAR

David Booth is exactly what this team needs, MG will never trade or buy him out. He's a big strong power forward, basically the only Canuck apart from Kassian who's willing to take the puck hard to the net. He can hit, he's fast and he's capable of scoring 30 goals. That combination is a rare one.

Why do you think everyone want's big, skilled forwards? Why do you think MG drafted Gaunce and Jensen? Why do you think Boston and L.A won the Cup? Because of big, fast hitting forwards who can score.

Apart from Booth, we're very thin in that department. Burrows doesn't know how to deliver a big hit. Kesler hasn't knocked a guy flat in a while. All we really have are Higgins and Kassian in that area.

Players like Booth win Cups. His poor regular season play gets a pass because he had no training camp and just a handful of games to get into mid-season form. Hopefully he can come back with a couple of weeks before the playoffs, because that's where players like Booth shine.
Posted Image

#7 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

POPULAR

David Booth is exactly what this team needs, MG will never trade or buy him out. He's a big strong power forward, basically the only Canuck apart from Kassian who's willing to take the puck hard to the net. He can hit, he's fast and he's capable of scoring 30 goals. That combination is a rare one.

Why do you think everyone want's big, skilled forwards? Why do you think MG drafted Gaunce and Jensen? Why do you think Boston and L.A won the Cup? Because of big, fast hitting forwards who can score.

Apart from Booth, we're very thin in that department. Burrows doesn't know how to deliver a big hit. Kesler hasn't knocked a guy flat in a while. All we really have are Higgins and Kassian in that area.

Players like Booth win Cups. His poor regular season play gets a pass because he had no training camp and just a handful of games to get into mid-season form. Hopefully he can come back with a couple of weeks before the playoffs, because that's where players like Booth shine.

this has left me speechless........absolutely speechless
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#8 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Amnesty buyout?

Can't we just put him on Injured Reserve for the rest of his career?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#9 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

It's a good question. Amazing how highly rated some fans still consider him to be.

I sure hope this seemingly serious injury doesn't affect his hunting season/schedule. Could really mess up his spring plans.

#10 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Booth will be fine. He's going through the Raymond/Bieksa treatment right now. Keeps getting injured and fans expect his top game ASAP.. Give him some time to rebound and get up to season's form. Before last night, he was finally clicking with Kassian and was really working hard in the offensive zone to create chances and wear down the opposition defence.

#11 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Don't we need amnesty buyout for Lui? ... Oh, I think each team gets 2. Bug Gillis is going to have a problem on his hands, Booth, Ballard, Luongo ... which 2?

Edited by Neversummer, 17 March 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#12 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Buy outs are only a last resort for guys like Gomez who no one will touch with a 10 foot pole.

But of course CDC wants to buy out anyone. Funny though, you don't see too many other GM's buying out contracts other than Gomez & Redden.

G4fSut.gif

#13 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

there is no guarantee that he will turn around the game in playoffs...you are forgetting that booth is injury prone and sure he can hit people but sometime once in a while you need to score with that kind of a contract.
Posted Image

#14 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Wait...he has like 9 mil cap hit!

They wont buy him out.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#15 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

im not sure that Booth can turn it around offensivley, and his ability without production does not justify his salary and cap hit, HOWEVER thats not to say that he still cant be a valuable piece to the team or any other team as he throws bigger hits than most of our forwards and has shown good ability to take the puck to the net with solid battling effort.... just kind of a cap issue with him.

i dont think he'll be bought out. if anyone, itll be ballard. cant be paying a fringe roster player that kind of money. and though ive shyed away from the idea of booth scoring like a top 6 forward, i still think he is an effective 3rd line player, who could be made better with the right kind of center. i wish him ggod luck with short recovery, but am hoping in his absence that we get a peek at what jensen can do at this level.

#16 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,746 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Don't we need amnesty buyout for Lui? ... Oh, I think each team gets 2. Bug Gillis is going to have a problem on his hands, Booth, Ballard, Luongo ... which 2?

Luongo will not be bought out

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#17 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

I agree 100%. That guy can't catch a break this year. He has been in and out of the line up, and even when he was in, most of the time didn't have Kesler or any skilled centres to play with.

Let him be.
Posted Image

#18 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,478 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

He got paid $4.5 Million this year and probably will finish with 1 empty net goal. How the hell could the Canucks justify bringing him back at that cap hit for 2 more years if they can get out of it?

You say this as though he's played all season.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,478 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Buy outs are only a last resort for guys like Gomez who no one will touch with a 10 foot pole.

But of course CDC wants to buy out anyone. Funny though, you don't see too many other GM's buying out contracts other than Gomez & Redden.

turnaround by any means necessary = success around these parts.

Didn't you get the memo.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

The reason for this is that the amnesty buyouts were initially scheduled to begin at the end of this season. A special case was made for Gomez and Redden as they would not have played any hockey this year which would have hurt their chances of gainful employment after that.

We'll have to wait until the off-season to see what kind of buyouts will happen.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#21 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Only part of the truth is stated. He's missed a lot of time this year because of injury. He's looked great of late and last night was bad luck.
You have to be on the ice to pass or fail on this one.

#22 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

You say this as though he's played all season.

You make a good point, although this is part of the problem as well, imo. I like Booth and what he can potentially bring to the team but he has already missed 32 games to injuries since being acquired.

That being said, I don't think a buyout is warranted for Booth as he can be effective when playing and frees up some cap space if he's on IR.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#23 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Why the hell would we buyout Booth?! I can't stand Nucks fans
Posted Image

#24 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

A healthy David Booth is very valuable to our team. Cut him some slack.
Posted Image

#25 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

He tries hard, and seems like a good guy, but he just doesn't seem to fit here. It seems like he's either in a slump or hurt.

If he got paid around $2.5 million it might be worth the risk to keep him. However at $4.5 million and plus the salary cap is going down, he has to go.

Good guys gloat about killing animals like a barbarian? Oh yeah.... karma's a bee-hitch
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#26 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

You're right. If he gets a few bounces to go his way, Booth could score 30 goals over the remainder of his career.

#27 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Booth needs to go; another one of MG's stupid mistakes. The guy doesn't seem to have a clue about his own team's chemistry and makeup.

#28 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Booth is awful. He's selfish on and off the ice. At least Ballard tries. Booth has to be the first buyout.

#29 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm pretty sure our 2 Amnesty buyouts last until the 2014 summer, I may be wrong but there is not a chance if healthy of David booth staying here. He will be gone and good riddance . Another MG mistake...at least we didn't pay a huge premium like with Ballard.

#30 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Booth has been good lately, some of you guys are just trolling. He looked on the verge and with Kassian was looking dangerous.
I hope he gets this bad luck run out of his system soon. Good luck David. work hard to come back
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.