Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Am I The Only One Who Think J.Shroeder Looks Diminutive, Unimposing?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm in no way a J.Shroeder hater but lets be real here. Every time I see him on the ice he looks way too small to be on the ice. Think all the way back to when Steve Kariya tried out for the Vancouver Canucks.

Save for the beautiful pass to Dale Weise last night, it has been rough sailing for Jordan. When he goes into a corner to battle for the puck he always gets mauled like he has no business being on a 4th line grinding shift. He clearly doesn't have the skillset to consistently pop in goals on a nightly basis.

I would seriously consider a long hard look at packaging him up. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I don't see Jordan lasting more than 2 more years in this league. I see a Ebbett journey man/ AHL/ Overseas career in Shroeder.

I would absolutely do a Visnovsky/Boyes for Shroeder & 3rd at the deadline!!

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,192 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

:sadno:

zackass.png

#3 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

POPULAR

he has no business being on a 4th line

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

POPULAR

:picard: Thank god you aren't our GM

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Is this a joke? Emmanuel Lewis doesn't think Schroeder looks imposing.

He wasn't drafted to look scary, though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#6 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

funny, because hansen's goal was created by schroeder winning a board battle in his own zone. Hilarious because who drafts a 5'9 skilled forward to look imposing and not diminutive.

#7 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

mixed feelings , i disagree with part of your assessment, although too small i actually think Jordan does a decent job of battling, he wins some battles but i tend to agree with you and think the future is 6"6 centres, not 5'6".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#8 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm in no way a J.Shroeder hater but lets be real here. Every time I see him on the ice he looks way too small to be on the ice. Think all the way back to when Steve Kariya tried out for the Vancouver Canucks.

Save for the beautiful pass to Dale Weise last night, it has been rough sailing for Jordan. When he goes into a corner to battle for the puck he always gets mauled like he has no business being on a 4th line grinding shift. He clearly doesn't have the skillset to consistently pop in goals on a nightly basis.

I would seriously consider a long hard look at packaging him up. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I don't see Jordan lasting more than 2 more years in this league. I see a Ebbett journey man/ AHL/ Overseas career in Shroeder.

I think you may eat crow on this one.. He's really impressed me with the way he battles for pucks. His stocky frame allows him to squeeze through pinches on the boards without falling down. He's like Raymond but you can put your hands on him and he won't fall down. Real smart player too not caught out of position and determined to make minimal mistakes.

I see a really focused player right now, he looks determined to want to stay and do all the little things he needs to do to succeed at this level.

We have to see what we got with this kid too because we have nobody else in the system with his talent level. If we still had Cody I would be all over developing him for another year and trading him during his breakout.

#9 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

He's really strong on his feet for his age and size. Be patient.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#10 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Cliff Ronning says hi. :)
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#11 redhdlois

redhdlois

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

to answer your question.....YES

#12 KeslerBEAST

KeslerBEAST

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

POPULAR

oh wow a 5'8 guy looks small? i would have never guessed

I guess he'll never be that big powerforward that we wanted when we drafted him

Edited by KeslerBEAST, 20 March 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#13 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Damn, I thought at 5'8 he was our up and coming enforcer.

Fire all the management!

hL9YqYN.jpg

#14 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#15 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

That's probably because he is 5'7 - 5'8 and 170 pounds.

#16 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

?

2012-13 Regular Season Chicago Wolves 33 10 13 23 -2 66 10 2 4 1 0.500 2011-12 Regular Season Chicago Wolves 76 21 23 44 8 183 18 1 4 0 0.250 2010-11 Regular Season Manitoba Moose 61 10 18 28 -7 87 10 5 12 1 0.417 2009-10 Regular Season Manitoba Moose 11 4 5 9 -1 17 0 0 2 0 0.000

He's improved every year in the AHL.
Now he gets a shot in the NHL and you're mad he's not scoring like a Sedin?
He's 22! Back off

Edited by Tystick, 20 March 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

#17 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I don care wut you say about him, or wut excuses you have, this is pure talent

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSFHL

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#18 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

O.P. uses big words to describe small player. Some small players have had very good careers, too soon to say how Jordan will do.

#19 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

He's sick! That pass last night was something insane. He'll get used to the NHL and its size soon enough.
Posted Image

#20 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yes, he looks diminutive and unimposing, so does Marty St. Louis. Schroeder is pretty strong on the puck for a small guy, just because he looks unintimidating doesn't mean he can't be a good player. Sure you don't want a whole team of short guys but small guys can help your team.

#21 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yes, he looks diminutive and unimposing, so does Marty St. Louis. Schroeder is pretty strong on the puck for a small guy, just because he looks unintimidating doesn't mean he can't be a good player. Sure you don't want a whole team of short guys but small guys can help your team.

MTL slowly proving otherwise :bigblush:
Posted Image

#22 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Imposing? He's barely 5.8.

Schroeder was throwing his body around last game, which I was really happy about. If he's going to play at the NHL level at that height and weight he should really develop some edge to his game. Although, it's nearly impossible to just "develop" an edge.

#23 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

If Schroeder is going to stay in the NHL, he's going to have to be the next Martin St. Louis or Brian Gionta. Does he have the skills and mindset to stay in the NHL? Absolutely.

#24 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Bahahahahaha, you call him out, then you offer him and a pick for Visnovsky/Boyes, boy you are trolling pretty deep seas holmes

#25 goal-ghost

goal-ghost

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

No, you're not the only one who thinks that.

Am I the only one who thinks less than 25 games in the league (in which he's shown some flashes of creativity and skill) is a little early to give up on yet another prospect? No, I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Posted Image

#26 JustAFan33

JustAFan33

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

He's not really supposed to be imposing. I think Sestito has that covered.

For some reason I'm kind of expecting him to possibly develop into a Larionov type player. He's definitely a thinker. If you watch him play, he's always looking around and rarely tunnel visions. I can't recall a time I've seen him panic with the puck yet. He has a lot of poise and patience, especially considering his lack of experience.

I've also seen him win his share of puck battles on the boards, although he also has his moments of bouncing off guys who are set. Not to say he always makes the right choices positionally or doesn't screw up execution, but that's par for the course for anyone playing at the speed these guys are.

#27 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Holy frackballs, what did you expect? He's 5'8". Not imposing and diminutive, really? Did you come up with that gem all by yourself?

RIP LB RR PD

#28 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,945 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

No we need to give him more icetime. He's clearly being held back by AV.
Posted Image

#29 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

If you have to eat a crow after you are proven wrong every time you post something stupid, you would have been choked to death from those crows you ate in the past year.

Bye

#30 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,192 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Guys, its PC.

He always makes negative threads like this.

I'm not worried about JS, he is coming along nicely.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.