The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Am I The Only One Who Think J.Shroeder Looks Diminutive, Unimposing?

Pasific Coluseum

I'm in no way a J.Shroeder hater but lets be real here. Every time I see him on the ice he looks way too small to be on the ice. Think all the way back to when Steve Kariya tried out for the Vancouver Canucks.

Save for the beautiful pass to Dale Weise last night, it has been rough sailing for Jordan. When he goes into a corner to battle for the puck he always gets mauled like he has no business being on a 4th line grinding shift. He clearly doesn't have the skillset to consistently pop in goals on a nightly basis.

I would seriously consider a long hard look at packaging him up. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I don't see Jordan lasting more than 2 more years in this league. I see a Ebbett journey man/ AHL/ Overseas career in Shroeder.

I would absolutely do a Visnovsky/Boyes for Shroeder & 3rd at the deadline!!

I'm in no way a J.Shroeder hater but lets be real here. Every time I see him on the ice he looks way too small to be on the ice. Think all the way back to when Steve Kariya tried out for the Vancouver Canucks.

Save for the beautiful pass to Dale Weise last night, it has been rough sailing for Jordan. When he goes into a corner to battle for the puck he always gets mauled like he has no business being on a 4th line grinding shift. He clearly doesn't have the skillset to consistently pop in goals on a nightly basis.

I would seriously consider a long hard look at packaging him up. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I don't see Jordan lasting more than 2 more years in this league. I see a Ebbett journey man/ AHL/ Overseas career in Shroeder.

Yes, he looks diminutive and unimposing, so does Marty St. Louis. Schroeder is pretty strong on the puck for a small guy, just because he looks unintimidating doesn't mean he can't be a good player. Sure you don't want a whole team of short guys but small guys can help your team.

Archived